• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Can Easily Hold a Candle to Opiate Highs

Tangalang: Mitragynine as I said is like an SSRI. I mean, in the whole leaf it has a valuable effect if you are into that kind of feeling. My mum was nice and tipsy but just not my thing. I am going to work with 7-Hydroxy anyway, see what I can do.

Quinn: It has a 32 mg metabolic ceiling so anything over 32, if you could even find a Script for it, is absolutely worthless. This is why hardcore addcits are not prgrammed for bupe,etc.

I have found a few sources for 7OHM in the US. I've tried it on several different occasions from two of the three sources and found it to be uneventful. I did not notice any psychoactive effects whatsoever. I do have a high tolerance for Kratom though. Even so, I'm thinking the 17x (or 5x or 150x, whatever) more potent than morphine is a measure of it's analgesic properties.

But I don't want to give up on it just yet. I still want to believe it could be the legal alternative to oxy! I'm no chemist, but have read that isolating this compound is an extremely involved procedure, and what I received was probably just a grain alcohol extraction or something.

I stumbled upon a paper about 7OHM and the extraction process during my research. If anyone on here knows a bit about chemistry, check out page 9 of this article (pg 12 of PDF).

http://mitizane.ll.chiba-u.jp/metadb/up/assist1/Y2006-17.pdf

I wonder if there is really someone out there that is going through this process for a few bucks. Or maybe I'm wrong and it's not all that much? Would love to know!! =D

As for Kratom, I still prefer the good old standardized powdered leaf over the 15x, 250x, full-spectrum extracts, UEI, 8% and 41%, or any isolates. It's no oxy or vicodin (unfortunately), but I would say Kratom would be good for the opiate-high lover that has also felt, if somehow kept under control, opiates could be used for anti-depression/anxiety. I'm still a huge fan, and buy the stuff by the kilo! PEACE!!

I live in Ontario and wonder whats the best way to purchase Kratom, ive seen sites selling in pill format, powder etc. Whats best? Any advice is appreciated as i would like to try :)

thnx,
aC

a good indonesian is nice when i'm baseline. feels like a moderate dose of methadone. i got these capsules of indo mixed with turmeric and ginger (for digestive purposes), and they worked pretty well. im curious about the full spectrum tinctures now.

I really would like to hear more from people who use Kratom for opioid dependance/addiction maintenance rather than Methadone/Buprenorphine. I wonder what the overall effect on health/sex life/mood/etc would be. Probably only works in people with smaller habits. Interesting nonetheless.

ive had expierience with both. and, without reading your post i can say, kratom doesnt hold a candle to a true opiate high. "OH! BUT IT BINDS TO YOUR OPIATE RECEPTORS SO ITS AN OPIATE!" Opiate is reffering to the plant which the opium, synthetic, or semi-synthetic opiate comes from, the poppy plant, without googling, papaver somniferum? Yea well anyways, maybe I just havent ingested enough kratom, but i get it from a reputable vendor and take what is considered to be a moderate dose. So comparing it to a moderate dose of nearly any other opiate...its duration is lacking, no real euphoria. You get some warmth/flushing, anxiety decrease, and an analgesic effect. just my 2 cents.

edit - i do think kratom is a wonderful plant, especially for people with opiate withdrawls. I do really think it can help those people tremendously who really want to quit. I read your post, and 10g is a lot of plant material. 2g of crushed kratom = 1 tbs (of "premium grade") so thats like, a whole fuckin hedgeplant full of ground up leaf matter.

Last edited:
The main opioid-like alkaloids present in Kratom are 7-Hydroxy-Mitragynine and Mitragynine.

Codeine is approx. 1/10 as potent as Morphine.

7-HydroxyMitragynine is approx. 17 times more potent than Morphine.

7-HydroxyMitragynine is approx. 170 times more potent than Codeine.

Mitragynine is approx. 5.6 times more potent than Codeine

Mitragynine is just over half as potent as Morphine.

Ex.

1mg 7-HydroxyMitragynine = 30mg Mitragynine = 17mg Morphine = 170mg Codeine

The major opioid receptor agonist indole alkaloids found in Kratom are both, in different degrees and on their own, both more potent than Codeine.

Lol, I see people saying this XXX times stronger than morphine. Pffft, do you have any citations? Hell they should just throw out all the Fentanyl patches and use Kratom (7hm patches) instead....

the amount of kratom you;d have to ingest to make you think "Hey, this must be at least 17x as strong as Morphine would either result in you choking and dying on the shear amount of leaf matter you'd need, or doing something else really bad that only thailand and myanmar know about.

^^ You explained it exactly as it is. I have used it to dampen withdrawls from a few weeks use of vicodin or percs, but when you are talking about 160mg per day of oxy, no way! If you have a high opiate tolerance, don't plan on getting high. I do have a high tolerance, but can still enjoy its subtle effects because I don't plan on receiving an oxy high.

It is the real thing, if you find a reputable vendor. Just don't expect too much and it may be something you could enjoy. Don't waste money on the extracts, get a standardized powder and toss & wash (you get used to it). If you are in the middle of a opiate binge, don't bother (unless you are testing its use for withdrawl). You won't feel anything.

^^ You explained it exactly as it is. I have used it to dampen withdrawls from a few weeks use of vicodin or percs, but when you are talking about 160mg per day of oxy, no way! If you have a high opiate tolerance, don't plan on getting high. I do have a high tolerance, but can still enjoy its subtle effects because I don't plan on receiving an oxy high.

It is the real thing, if you find a reputable vendor. Just don't expect too much and it may be something you could enjoy. Don't waste money on the extracts, get a standardized powder and toss & wash (you get used to it). If you are in the middle of a opiate binge, don't bother (unless you are testing its use for withdrawl). You won't feel anything.

Exactly. With his 160mg oxy habit, using a substance whose main alkaloid is arguably 17x the potency would floor him, not taper him. But...someone will reply with something or somewhere that says it is indeed more potent. But as cited earlier in the thread, the amount in the plan is so minimal, its just not practical. its like...i dunno, taking 100 immodium to get high. (which some people do lol)

When going off a bit of a subutex habit, after waiting awhile for all the receptors to clear up, i used kratom to easy W/d and it helped. but i didnt get any feeling of opiate bliss, more like, the pain relief of two advil. This is the usefullness of the plant. and to paraphrase someone on erowid "I feel God put Kratom on this earth to help people get off of poppy tea" [insert opiate]

^^ It did help me to quit drinking though! =D There is also quite a bit of talk about 7OHM throughout this thread. If you look halfway up this page, you'll see my post with my take on it. Have you had any experience with it?

Tchort: "Rating 7-hydroxy.": The only figure I would ever used is the one from Chiba, which is the one I quote. People using spurious concotions sold online or in "headshoppes" are not going to be able to determine anything,

Since the plant has no consistent akaloidal percentages you cannot draw averagcontents like you can when dealing with opium. One leaf, or even one part of the same leaf will have greatly varying percentages and so even if there were someone doing an actual extract, as opposed to an A/B, one could not say 10X, 12X, or 50X anything.

It is all nonsensical marketing hyperbole. Same as lableing it "Thai, Bali," or whatever. It is grown in all of two places commercialy and people are believing they are getting different strains (there are NO strains).

It saddens me when I see anything being misrepresented like that, especially when I have a vested interest in the plant and dishonest represenation could cost me an arm and leg financially.

On a W/D Aid. No, not really. There was one peer reviwed paper, out of NZ where they used subjects from a methadone clinic and I am sure they are a great pool , since methadone has a very pronounced (in terms of duration) physical W/D. The only positive feedback was that it resulted in more vivid dreams but hey, a salami sandwich does the same for me so...

On a personal note, as I said, I have an unlimited amount, etc. As most know I have also had to endure a couple of W/Ds in the last 2 years and so I have of course trued to utilise it but got no psychoactivty NOR any relief from my W/D.

Tangalang: "Rx grade mitragynine.": Well the structure is actually very close to Yohimbe, as most people see on the Erowid pieces. Actually correct info. Closer to Yohimber, psilocybin, and so on. However, no psychaodelic effects have ever been noted either clinically OR (to my knowledge) subjectively from respondents.

Structure unfortunately does not mean anything in terms of a substances classification, and in psychadelic compounds their psychoactive potential since the pharmokinetick aspect is such an unknown. Well let me more explicit, it IS known for MOST to a small degree. We know most of the metabolic processes, most of the physiological responses, but not the lines that would connect the dots. That is the easiest way to describe it.

I should add though, when that garbage was distributed AS Kratom (the Mynammar AKA Burma materiel that was sold by a French expat a few years ago there were reports of "shimmering" but that was about it so perhaps there avenues to exolore in the mitragyna family. I know myself that I want to isolate a few specimins of Janaica which I am sure is growing wild here. I could spend my literal lifetime catalouging plants that grow on our various properties (wild plants) and still never come close to finishing...but I intened to go out and specifically search for Javanica.

Should be rather easy actually. The mytragyna family require very specific mediums.

Soulcheez: The paper you linked to was the one I mentioned all through the thread, as well as Tchort mentioning it spearately several posts ago. Most wwork on the plant is being performed by that team. The facility is the Pharmo Dept of Chiba U in Japan.

Colmes: "Do you have any citations?" Yep, just mentioned it. Tchort though quoted the exact citation when he noted it rated at 1071% (i.e. 17X).

As I have said several times in this thread (and probably hundreds of times over the years oin this forum) it IS 17X that of morphine, but only in analgesia although that is used as a general barometer for psychoactivity. As well I have also explained that it is only ever present at less than 1% and most times much less than that. This is why it does nothing for anyone but opiatenaive.

Colmes:

I was reffering to the analgesic potency of 7OHM&Mitragynine compared to Morphine according to one study. I'm not talking about leaf, strain, brand or extract/tincture- just 7OHM by itself, as a seperate entity from Kratom/Kratom alkaloids/Kratom exctracts/brand products, etc. I don't care to go back over this thread, but I'm pretty sure it was a different Kratom thread where I posted the studies and authors who I was drawing on- and some brought up the flawed nature of at least one of these studies.

Plus, I was answering a specific question with regards to potency, someone asked if Kratom was more potent than Codeine by using one of these studies and their 1:17 and 30:1 ratios for 7OHM:Morphine and Mitragynine:Morphine. A second study says 7OHM is 10x more potent than Morphine, a third says 12 times. This is done frequently with every other opioid to adjust doses when using alternate opioids or when changing medications from one to another opioid or from extended release to instant release/ ER + IR to just IR, or vice versa, etc. Such as: Hydromorphone is about 6 times as potent as Morphine, Codeine 1/10th as potent as Morphine, etc Not 100% accurate but a rough guide.

And, just like Rach stated:

As I have said several times in this thread (and probably hundreds of times over the years oin this forum) it IS 17X that of morphine, but only in analgesia although that is used as a general barometer for psychoactivity.

All of the kratom experts aside....Kratom does wonders for me when I'm in withdrawls, 15x or 20x or whatever IS stronger than ground regular leaf. They are marketed with the different names because they ARE different. Bali(green, whatever) is completely different than the other stuff the sites sell. Of course we cannot determine that they are actually 15 times the strength of regular leaf, but of course they are stronger. The less nasty powder one has to drink/eat, the better.

Sigh...I will say it again and then I swear, actual promise, never to sait again: There are 2 commercial growers in the world. I am one of them. How do I know this? Years of research. I wish locations imparted magical properties to plants but they do not. Are their strains tied to geographic areas? Only in the minds of people.

Back in th day the best cannabis was "Panama Red" and "Colombian Gold," then "Maui Wowie." Then it was "Humboldt Green." Now it might be "Durban Green" or "Cambodian Red" but those are made up names. Even if the plants, in that case cannabis, came from the locations there would be no way it would represent anything as far as uniform consistency or anything else.

Kratom is a tree. It grows only naturally in 4 countries. It CAN be transplanted, grown, etc. but it is very, very, very difficult. Even in its countries of origin it is a difficult tree because of its natural habitat. It does not flourish in normal farm settings. It naturally grows in swamps, in outlets of streams. It grows great in rice paddies.

So, if you are buying Kratom it is coming from all of 2 distributors, at its source (why not more? Periodically people DO try and always fail because not many feel like traipsing about in the environments needed. Tropical marshes are not really healthy places for most people.).

When people say "Bali Kratom" is better than "Malaysian Kratom" is better than "Thai Kratom" it makes no sense.

Asfor concotions like "10X" etc, I have nothing to do with nonsense like that. I sell only whole leaf and then various people do with it what they will. I do know the other blokes (it is a partnership) do make plenty of things with their leaves. I could not if I wanted to but that is another story. However, the point being, when they have these concotions the consumer has no idea what they are getting. Anyway, no more of my mentioning it, ever (good riddance says the crowd).

I have to add, you can get champgane grapes from the Champagne Region, etc, but it is a different principal. Fruits can be carefully managed. You can also minimally manage alkaloidal content in some plants, but not many and even there not by much. You can protect poppies a bit, from excessive mositure that leeches alaklids but if it is not raining alot you have no way of improving the normal content. Hope that illustrated the idea I am trying to get across. Anyway (haha), end of it.

Does kratom interfere with opiate addiction? Specifically suboxone. I haven't read any definite evidence to the matter yet. I'm on a small dose of suboxone. I'm looking into getting kratom more for when I jump off of suboxone, to make the minor w/ds easier. However, I'd like to see what it's like before the w/ds so I know what to expect. So, is it ok to take kratom while on suboxone? ..and not have to wait until w/d to take suboxone again?

Only reason why I ask is because I'm reading that kratom binds to an opiate receptor.

If this is covered already, I apologize.

Hmmm, so this whole time I thought that there were over a million strains of indica/sativa, there really is only one type of bud? I know exactly what you mean cuz you are one of the only growers/distributers, I was just saying in personal experience, I have only been able to really obtain an opiate like feeling with the 10x type of sales marketing products. Its the same exact thing as 10x salvia. So, there is no difference in 20x salvia and regular leaf, I think not.

Theotherside: No, you just misunderstood what I said. I said , and let me say it one more time and hopefully it will be my last: THERE IS NO STRAIN TIED TO A GEOGRAPHICAL LOCALE. IF you take a "Blueberry" strain and grow it in Finaland, Tanzania, and Australia do you imagine each plant will be that much different?

Sorry rachamim, I didn't mean to sound sarcastic at all, I value your opinion on Kratom because obviously you know what your talking about. I honestly have no idea, I was just talking about personal experience.

Let me add, I am a Botanist but have never grown or nor studied Salvia. Other than the brief cursory information and could not answer your question. I do have a mate here, when I go to Davao, who does grow and is one of the biggest distributors of it and will make sure I ask him how THAT market is.

Offhand though, and this is just an educated guess, I would think anything claiming to be "10X" and "20X" should certainly be dealt with very skeptikally. I explained the hazards that would relate to such a product with regard to Kratom.

Jaroben: Well, better perhaps to err on the side of caution. You say you are on a "small dose," and in that case just be very cautious. I have never heard anyone complain yet but you know,not that many on your medication are probably doing Kratom.

Just an offhand question rachamim, but do have you come across any exciting new plants(not the names, just yes or no) in your field reccently that might be good for mankind...if you know what I mean. It seems like the possibilities are endless.