• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Can Easily Hold a Candle to Opiate Highs

no, kratom cant easily hold a candle to opiate highs. the only use for it IMO is in withdrawals it can offer you a very slight feeling of releif/relaxation. the key word of the original post is "extremely low opiate tolerant person" youre talkin about gettin high off tramadol, clearly you aint as experienced with the "big" opiates yet, and Please for the love of god, DONT BE. I hate sayin shit like that becuz i feel like it makes me seem like i think i am some how better than someone becuz i have did stronger opiates. and thats fucked up. so no matter how it sounds my disclaimer, ima repeat it, heavy opiate abuse aint cool and it aint really even fun after a while, so any shit i say about somebody bein unexperienced or low tolerant aint a negative thing, its just pointin out that they get alot more bang for their buck off of these lo key lo intensity "beginner opiates." Anyways, where youre at, just chillin off that kratom? Stay there. keep enjoying your kratom. the point im makin tho, is that for the ones who been on the needle for a couple years or decades aint gonna be catchin no buzzes offa kratom. That is all.

Otherside: Actually, I have not looked for so long. I usually am doing all of nothing so I should, but at the moment I do not even leave my compound. Insurrection all around me. It is a wild west type of place really and landmines and IEDs are plentfiul. I can honestly say, and thought I never would, that Mindanao is now more dangerous than Cambodia ever was in my time anyway.

Lots of lovely plants, this country was a major hemp producer back in the day so garbage cannabis grows all around, a few varieties of mushrooms, salvia is cultivated but I do not bother with it, not worth the effort (a difficult plant to cultivate and unlike Kratom it has no dual uses. If Kratom was only good for the leaf I would not even be involved with it).

Aside from a couple of ethnogen wholesalers asking the same question, I was going to contract for an Rx firm (my degree is actually Ethno-Botany which is not "drugs" realted as most imagine as opposed to more of a very tight anthropological discipline), and did take initial surveys for the contract but it just was not worth the time and effort.

I love plants, it is my formal education but my businesses, flying back and forth to US and Israel for a few years, and so on have not allowed me to just do soemthing like that. In the end, I do hope one day to be able to dit alot more but I fear the guerillas have fuc#ed up the bush more than the loggers and cannabis farmers. Landmines (usually Claymore) are not fun things, even less fun are IEDs made from 81 mm mortar shells. Drive your truck on the dirt tracks that pass for roads or step in a hole and it is all over. I have not lived this long to die over wondering about what the Tribals are munching up in the hills.

Theotherside: No, you just misunderstood what I said. I said , and let me say it one more time and hopefully it will be my last: THERE IS NO STRAIN TIED TO A GEOGRAPHICAL LOCALE. IF you take a "Blueberry" strain and grow it in Finaland, Tanzania, and Australia do you imagine each plant will be that much different?

Not arguing your "godlike" knowledge of Kratom, but did you know, Coca plants grown at a higher altitude have more cocaine alkaloids in them? Just shows, geographical locale, even when dealing with something as simple as altitude of plant grown, can have an effect on the plant itself.

Yes I have a good deal of expierience with kratom. And ok, lets say youre 17x str morphine is true, which may be, the amount found in the leaf is so little, its not possible, based on the nauseating side effects of kratom, to ever get a reaction thats 17x as potent as a morphine induced high, unless they ever extracted it? I dunno, it has it's uses as a sorta stimulant, relaxant at higher doses (good anxiety relief), also, it is good for opiate w/d. So yea, the plant is nice, but I mean, in its current leaf form, it does not really hold a candle to pharmaceutical giant opiates. [codeine i really dont have much exp with so I dont know, but hydrocodone n up] This is just my opinion, shared by others i'm sure.

Whoa whoa whoa...where can I get this kratom :) Is it hard to make? Can I just eat it? LOL sorry...I've never heard of this stuff.

Whoa whoa whoa...where can I get this kratom :) Is it hard to make? Can I just eat it? LOL sorry...I've never heard of this stuff.

No source discussion, ask your friend google. and yeah you do eat it, or make a tea out of it. By eating it, i mean, you can put it in a drink of your choice, swirl it around, and try not to gag as you shovel it down.

KRATOM-Early 09, Aus (illegal) after ordering some online and then it not turning up for 1 month i was hesitant and sceptical .so when my parcel arrived opened but intact i immediately scoffed it all- to destroy the evidence!! So my first go on K was 30grams or 1 OZ of resin and .... not bad. I am in NA but not entirely on the wagon, i enjoy op8`s but have learnt to consume when i can afford it in both lifestyle and finance, and K seems to do the job,sort off. I compare this high to buprenorphine, it seems to hold you w/ bouts of light nods, cones certainly help.Its been a couple of hpurs and i still got a smile on my face,like a benzo grin. probably won`t be able to get it anymore-d`oh

actualy kratom contians alkaloids that Are opiates becsaue they hit Mu receptor in the brain. when I first started eateing kratom it felt EXACTLY like popping norcos or some oxy the strongest high I ever got off it felt almost identical to 50-60 mg hydro, i mean euphoria wise, which is amazing cause ive never felt that good off it since, however It Does hold you just as well, there isnt that quick spike of euphoria like hydro but i think it lasts longer.
once you have a tolerance, you have to eat ALOT of kratom for effects. :( ill definatly take it over wd, or over darv or tram for taht matter though. infact i think it feels exactly like "Natural Tramadol" cause it feels up and anti depressant qualities at low doses
peace

it cannot be called opiates because opiates can only come from opium. kratom mainly affects the delta oopioid receptors but in high doses it crosses over to the mu receptors. that is why it is stimulating in low doses and sedative in lhigher doses.

Last edited:
The only kratom that I have tried that was potent was malaysian, bought in capsules, and mixed with turmeric and ginger (I assume for digestive purposes). It was comparable to a moderate dose of methadone. Indonesian is like a weak speedball with accompanying nausea.

my drug of choice is HEROIN, but tehre is no good heroin... i would do anything to find somethign reall...
now i am on suboxone... ad im crazing to inject myself with something...

You are in NYC and can't find any good Boy, weird?

Thinking about buying some kratom soon.

Planned on getting bali because I remember a lot of people saying it's good and the best deal.

If I get bali, would I get different effects based on whether I get the leaves or the powder?

Would anybody recommend a different form of kratom? An extract or different strain or anything?

Apparently my trip reports disappeared during the recent "upgrade" :!

But as I've previously said, my personal experience is that Kratom feels almost exactly the same as oxycontin. In fact, it's so similar that I can't think of a good way to differentiate the two highs.

And it's the same for my brother (who never does anything other than uppers). I convinced him to try kratom about a month ago and he ended up nodding out on the tea I made him from 10g of powdered leaves. Then a few weeks later, I gave him an OC-80 and he crushed and insufflated the entire pill (over the course of the night).

The next day he shrugged and told me that he would have guessed it was the same drug. So yes, kratom definitely has merit. However, it's not all fun and good. Each still has their pros/cons:

Oxycodone:
Pros:
- Can be snorted
- Can be IV'd
Cons:
- Costs roughly 18x its weight in gold

Kratom:
Pros:
- Cheap as dirt
Cons:
- Worst tasting substance I've ever encountered
- Stuck with oral MOA
- Pain in the ass to prepare

I never tried kratom again, simply because I'm obsessed with pills and I enjoy everything about them, including the ability to snort them. Dicking around with kratom for 30 mins (making tea, boiling it down in the microwave, filtering out the leaves) wasn't even worth it.
My only two rules when it comes to giving someone drugs is

1. Never give anyone a drug of addiction for the first time.

2. Never give drugs to pregnant women/children.

Don't mean to have a go at you bro cos you probably weren't thinking of possible consequences but imagine if your brother got a habit after giving him the OC. That's how habit's start.
Also this is pure speculation and I could well be wrong, but I have to question your motives of writing that report as it doesn't have "the ring of truth to it".
Your "brother" seemed easily convinced to take a hard drug for the first time, surely that's not the first time he's been offered it so why would of he agreed that time.
Also/or it sounds like you where using him as somewhat a lab rat to tell the world that Kratom has the same recreation value has hardcore opiate's, these comments do nothing to help the AKA's cause to not have it made illegal.
However most importantly it's blatantly incorrect to suggest the two carry a similar strength high.