• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom: Borneo vs Bali, red vs green

cactus3

Greenlighter
First kratom I got (as opiate replacement) was red borneo which I quite enjoyed. After some reading, I found most of you recommend Bali kratom as opioid-like.

For some reason I ordered green bali instead of red. Is there a big difference between the two? Green bali vs red bali? And how about red bali vs red borneo? Is it worth getting red bali in addition to the two or will I get the same effects from mixing green bali and red borneo? And what is the difference between red and red horned?

I also read bali and borneo are the same, just different names? Is this true or does it depend on the vendor?

Also, how long can I keep it fresh? I put the kratom in an air-tight container in the fridge now.

Last edited:
A good bali is the best. Really vendor means more than strain as far as I'm concerned, I get good bali now but you will have to dig that info up on your own (no sourcing here.)

A good bali is the best. Really vendor means more than strain as far as I'm concerned, I get good bali now but you will have to dig that info up on your own (no sourcing here.)

^+1 for this.

Also, yes Bali and Borneo are usually the same thing. IIRC Bali exports alot of kratom but most of it is actually coming from Borneo.

Kratom powder doesn't need to be refrigerated. Store it at room temperature in a sealed container and it should last for years.

Also, I quite enjoy mixing strains. Green veined varieties are normally better for mixing ie whites and reds both go nicely with greens, but not with each other. That said, the source is going to be the biggest difference maker in terms of effects and everyone has different preferences, so I always say to just experiment for yourself. I've had green Borneo from a couple different places at it was awesome both times.

But is that red or green bali?

Thank you. Is it worth getting a bag of red bali in addition to the green bali and red borneo I have now, or am I just as good combining the two? That's what I am doing now.

I still have a lot of both left.

Thank you. Is it worth getting a bag of red bali in addition to the green bali and red borneo I have now, or am I just as good combining the two? That's what I am doing now.

I still have a lot of both left.
Courtesy of Sasha88

Yay! What a good day u had!! And dude , if ur going on a date, make sure u cut back on all opioids... we all know they screw up, ummm, sexy time. Who says sexy time? I don't know but it made me laugh.

let me know how it goes. Maybe this'll really help u cut down a bit. H is tough. I'm lucky I don't have access to it cause there's nothing like it.
And yes, a psychologist to talk to and possibly a psychiatrist for possible meds really would help. And if u don't like them, u can niece go back and look for someone else. Trust me, im so wary of shrinks... but if u find a good one (which takes work) it can change your life. So don't shut that door, ok? It's worth trying. Nothing will force u to stay. It's just an experiment. Think about it?

as far as kratom, I use Bali. It's suppose to be the most euphoric and opioid like.... remember I have an anxiety disorder so I wouldn't try the more energetic ones. I tried Maeng Da and didn't like how I felt.
here's a copy (I think it's ok for me to paste this here since I'm not naming a website) of some types and their description :

im gonna pm u later. :)
StrainEffectsDosage
[]Bali[/URL][]Euphoric and the most classic opiate like among the strains of kratom[/URL][]1/2 – 3 teaspoons[/URL]
[]Maeng Da[/URL][]Energizing and stimulating with pain killing effects[/URL]["]1/2 – 3 teaspoons[/URL]
]Red Vein Thai[/URL][]Similar to Bali with fewer negative side effects[/URL]]1/2 – 3 teaspoons[/URL]
[]Red Vein Kali[/URL][]Sedating and more classically opiate like[/URL][]1/2 – 3 teaspoons[/URL]
[]Green Vein Kali[/URL][]A stimulating strain which also has painkilling attributes[/URL][]1/2 – 3 teaspoons[/URL]
[]White Vein Kali[/URL][]More euphoric or dissociating[/URL][]1/2 – 3 teaspoons[/URL]
[]White Vein Thai[/URL][]Stimulating strain with euphoric and dissociating properties[/URL][]1/2 – 3 teaspoons[/URL]
[]Super Indo[/URL][]Similar to Bali with less euphoria[/URL][]1/2 – 3 teaspoons[/URL]
[]Super Green Malaysian[/URL][]Varies between suppliers but is typically more stimulating with little euphoria[/URL][]1/2 – 3 teaspoons[/URL]
[]Ultra Enhanced Indo[/URL][]Most euphoric of the extracts and works well for reducing social anxiety[/URL][]1 gram or less (if mixed with powdered leaf)[/URL]
[]Ultra Enhanced Maeng Da[/URL][]Powerful extract that is both stimulating and painkilling[/URL][]1 gram or less (if mixed with powdered leaf)[/URL]
[]Thai Essence[/URL][]Somewhat weaker than Ultra Enhanced Indo by weight with a bit of a Maeng Da kick[/URL][]1 gram or less (if mixed with powdered leaf)[/URL]
[]Full Spectrum Tincture (FST)[/URL]The original likely had synthetic 7-hydroxymitragynine but current formulations are basically Ultra Enhanced Indo in liquid form[]0.25mL or more[/URL]

[h=3]
[]Go to[/URL]
[/h]

[h=3]
[]G[/URL]
[/h]

[h=3][/h]

I have done a lot of research on Kratom, and from what I have read, the "red veins" are apparently more sedating, the "white veins" are more stimulating, and the "green veins" are supposedly "in the middle".

I finally found a legit website and ordered some Bali (I don't remember if it was red vein or green vein) but it gave me euphoria and sedation compared to Oxycodone, though not quite as strong. I also had the same "opiate itch" I would have normally have gotten.

Courtesy of Sasha88
Cheers. Very useful scheme. Though it doesn't mention the vein colour either, just bali. Do most US vendors only offer one choice of bali? I'm from Europe but my vendor offers distictively red, green and white for both borneo and bali.

I have done a lot of research on Kratom, and from what I have read, the "red veins" are apparently more sedating, the "white veins" are more stimulating, and the "green veins" are supposedly "in the middle".

I finally found a legit website and ordered some Bali (I don't remember if it was red vein or green vein) but it gave me euphoria and sedation compared to Oxycodone, though not quite as strong. I also had the same "opiate itch" I would have normally have gotten.
Thanks. Though that still leaves me with the question whether it's worth getting the red too, haha.

Thanks. Though that still leaves me with the question whether it's worth getting the red too, haha.

Personally, I have never tried the "white vein". I however though, have tried the bali and borneo, and prefer the bali.

And whenever you order any kind of Kratom, they ALWAYS throw you a free 5mg bag of another kind to try out.

But the "Bali" off of that website has always given me euphoria at the right dose.

I don't usually try to post so much, but I was addicted to Hydrocodone for months after I was hit by a car. I wanted to get off so ordered so "Bali" from that website. I ordered a 2 ounce bag for 20 bucks but didn't have a scale so ended up pouring about 20 grams into some water a chugging it. DO NOT DO THIS.

Not only did it taste like a cow's asshole, but I was so high and euphoric I ended up walking like a mile and smoking half a pack of cigarettes.

Now days when I do Kratom, I put a teaspoon in about 4-5 pieces of toilet paper and parachute them. I just can't handle the taste.

404 and searching for bali or kratom returns nothing. Maybe it's not showing for European IPs? Not sure.

And lol at the cows asshole.

I usually take half a teaspoon. I can feel the effects quite well, though they don't last long, but a full tsp knocks me out for hours. While I have quite a high opiate tolerance after fentanyl use.And I take 300mg of magnesium citrate. That really helps for me.

You probably have to register, but trust me, it IS a legitimate website. And if you get a good buzz off half a tsp, then I'm jealous lol.

Anyhow, I was hesitant at first, but this website IS legit and I highly recommend the Bali they sell.

I was to the point where I was taking nearly 300mg of Hydrocodone a day after I was hit by a van as a pedestrian. I haven't touched Hydrocodone in months after trying Kratom.

You probably have to register, but trust me, it IS a legitimate website. And if you get a good buzz off half a tsp, then I'm jealous lol.

Anyhow, I was hesitant at first, but this website IS legit and I highly recommend the Bali they sell.

I was to the point where I was taking nearly 300mg of Hydrocodone a day after I was hit by a van as a pedestrian. I haven't touched Hydrocodone in months after trying Kratom.
Weird, since the site just gives me a 404 error. Tried with an US proxy too, but still neither Bali or kratom returns any results.

I got to the point where 400mcg of IM fentanyl did nothing (tolerance shot up from 50mcg in less than a week... ) even when combined with 20mgs of IM oxy. Which is, considering I am very underweight, really a lot. So kratom has been a life saver for me too.

Last edited:
Weird, since the site just gives me a 404 error. Tried with an US proxy too, but still neither Bali or kratom returns any results.

I got to the point where 400mcg of IM fentanyl did nothing (tolerance shot up from 50mcg in less than a week... ) even when combined with 20mgs of IM oxy. Which is, considering I am very underweight, really a lot. So kratom has been a life saver for me too.

Try just going to <No sourcing> and searching for "Kratom".

Last edited by a moderator: