• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Kratom analysis for fun and profit

Great thread! I'm really looking forward to the results for the Green Malaysian, Green Vietnamese and Stem and Vein. :)

If the stem and vein shows less of the main psychoactive alkaloids and a higher percentage of those with NMDA antagonist activity it could lend some support to it's recommended use to help prevent/reduce tolerance and mitigate withdrawal.

Pretty surprising how close the Bali and Thai are, though 7-hydroxymitragynine levels could be the main difference. Subjectively I find the Bali is much more likely to cause itching which I equate with opiod activity. There is also a whiter variety of Thai I tend to prefer which I suspect would be closer the White Sumatra or Green Vietnamese in it's composition.

Btw, here is a fairly comprehensive list of the alkaloids found in Kratom that might be helpful to compare and contrast with your results.
http://www.kratom.net/content.php?4...-Kratom-and-their-known-or-potential-activity

Personally I feel that both mitragynine and the related alkaloids play a role... pure isolated mitragynine does have opioid activity.

That changes my perspective on what I'm aiming to achieve with kratom and it's effects now. Thanks for that knowledge, sekio. Appreciate it.

The real mystery is UEI and FST!

This is interesting though in addressing whether or not the claimed strains are actually any different from the cheaper product. I thought Thai was more stimulating than Bali but maybe it's all in my head.

UEI and FST will be done before the end of the year if everything goes well.

I have some UEI and WV Maeng Da at the moment. Very curious to know the contents of UEI...

Can you think of any way to surmount likely destruction of 7-oh-m at the GC nozzle? Is there a good set of alternate tests you could perform to detect its presence?

ebola

how about O-acetyl derivative?

What is the expected assay of this UEI kratom? Is it not just more potent by weight since it's just plant material with extracts added back to it? We have some serious kratom fans present, apparently. Ugh, I put it down with tramadol and codeine, but thats just me.

^ the UEI in question is not just enhanced leaf ( extract put back on the ground leaf), there is much speculation to some semi-synthetic opiod present, psuedo-indoxyl or something. There is a discussion about it in the Kratom megathread between captian Kratom and Hamilton, if u want more info.

There is a strain I have taken a particular liking to called Red Vein Kali which seems to have very potent opiate like effects compared to any other strain I've tried. It's very Baliesque in nature but with Maeng Da purported level strength. At least for me. That would be an interesting one to test. I have only seen one or two vendors carrying it, including my vendor of choice.

Last edited:
Not for some time, personal factors have led me to shelve this for now.

There is a strain I have taken a particular liking to called Red Vein Kali which seems to have very potent opiate like effects compared to any other strain I've tried. It's very Baliesque in nature but with Maeng Da purported level strength. At least for me. That would be an interesting one to test. I have only seen one or two vendors carrying it, including my vendor of choice.

It is also called Horn Maeng Da, and yes it is pretty darn strong! It was my best seller when I was vending it, and I could not get my hands on it til recently so looking super foward to it! Highly recommended, with long legs too. Some of the "Red Vein" Maeng Da online is actually just the Horn Maeng Da from what I compared, I personally simply call it "Red Kali".

This is a really cool project sekio, have you made any extracts yourself at all?

Um dunno if I caught what kind of kratom you're testing by the way, from legitimate vendors online or the stuff bought in head shops?? In my opinion the kratom in stores should never even be supported, but honestly the analysis is pretty interesting to see how they compare I guess to the plain leaf bought from actual vendors.

this is legitimate powdered kratom bought off an intermediary who buys in bulk

It is also called Horn Maeng Da, and yes it is pretty darn strong! It was my best seller when I was vending it, and I could not get my hands on it til recently so looking super foward to it! Highly recommended, with long legs too. Some of the "Red Vein" Maeng Da online is actually just the Horn Maeng Da from what I compared, I personally simply call it "Red Kali".

This is a really cool project sekio, have you made any extracts yourself at all?

Um dunno if I caught what kind of kratom you're testing by the way, from legitimate vendors online or the stuff bought in head shops?? In my opinion the kratom in stores should never even be supported, but honestly the analysis is pretty interesting to see how they compare I guess to the plain leaf bought from actual vendors.

I'm also a fan of red vein Kalimantan. I recently got some of the red horned maeng da (same vendor) and I'm not a big fan. I find it weak in comparison to the red kali, it doesn't provide much of any opioid effects but it is a great energizing strain that has decent legs and it has a pretty fast come up. The very first strain I tried was red horn from a different vendor and I remember it giving me good opioid effects and I was even able to sleep on it, this one overpowers ,weed, antihistamines, alcohol and even a small dose of temazepam.

Just a heads up in case you ever do run some tests on UEI, make sure you get it from the main source as not all UEI is the same, some just feel like strong, but normal kratom extracts. I'm sure you can do some off-site chatting with somebody who knows this vendor if you happen to not.

I won't be able to see some of the oxindoles or 7-OHM, unfortunately. Need a HPLC for that basically.

Just saw this, that's a shame. I forgot that Amanitadine (RIP :() had the same problem I think, he ran GC/MS on FST and it just came bck as containing no mitragynine and a coryantheidine based substance. I think it was GC/MS but don't quote me on that

Last edited: