• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Klonopin Insomnia/Mania

I’m thinking of getting off klonopin I’m currently prescribed 15 1mg a month for anxiety. Which works well, but one doesn’t really cut it I was prescribed 2mg at first but only five and that helped. So I tend to just take 2 1mg. But during that week or week and a half I have them, I experience mania and insomnia. My question would be, would mentioning trying a different benzo be worse to do in this situation. I wanna try Xanax, it has a shorter half life, so shorter duration of negative effects but if He wanted to prescribe me that he would of but I also admit that they do help my anxiety, and mostly all of it. But I just don’t like myself not sleeping, and being GO GO GO the whole time I’m on it. Honestly feels like a stimulant to me

I have paradoxical reactions to a lot of things. Just to name a few... alcohol, cannabis and too much Benadryl or Mirtazapine keep me awake sometimes, especially if they give me Restless Leg Syndrome. Ativan doesn't do that to me, but it's short-acting and I often find myself waking up after exactly four hours.

Lately I've been experimenting with things like melatonin, herbal tea (skullcap, chamomile, etc.), calcium and other supplements.

Hope you feel better,
Dreamflyer

I have paradoxical reactions to a lot of things. Just to name a few... alcohol, cannabis and too much Benadryl or Mirtazapine keep me awake sometimes, especially if they give me Restless Leg Syndrome. Ativan doesn't do that to me, but it's short-acting and I often find myself waking up after exactly four hours.

Lately I've been experimenting with things like melatonin, herbal tea (skullcap, chamomile, etc.), calcium and other supplements.

Hope you feel better,
Dreamflyer
Yeah. I’ve kinda just kept routine ima talk to my doctor about maybe seeing if I can try Xanax as it’s shorting acting, but I feel they will just think I’m seeking. So I probably won’t do anything but let him decide the change. I still got my script from last month. I like it, it knocks anxiety out and is good To have for opiate wd or coming Down from a trip but I can’t see the pleasure in making rash decisions.