Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television King of the Hill

one of my favorite shows of all time. i think the most intelligent thing to have been on tv in a long time. by far my favorite animated show. hank hill is one of my favorite characters of all time. clearly, i am a big fan.

The fact that dale is basically a composite of Hunter S Thompson and William Burroughs also makes it one of the coolest shows ever made.
^i've always noticed the HST/Raoul Duke. i think it is obvious to the point of him almost unarguably being an influence on the character.

but i do not see william s. burroughs (cool, composed, intentional, self-aware, truly dangerous) in dale at all. i guess in the paranoia and conspiracy theories? i see that a bit. though their reactions are different. and i think HST covers that and is more similar. about the guns too.

edit:
There is so much heart in King of the Hill and the characters are incredibly consistent.
^indeed.

Last edited:
I will really miss this show as well, much, much better than Family Guy, American Dad and the like, much more intelligent.

Great show to watch late at night after a few beers, bowls, whatever your DOC is, still works well with it. I'm glad they still show it on Adult Swim. :)

the voice actor has actually said that dales voice is his terrible attempt at a burroughs impression. add the exterminator job and the fear of government and it's not hard to add up :D
ha, i should have read more before i spoke up.

It's had a long run and there a ton of episodes to fill the void it will leave. Not to mention it airs on FX and the Cartoon Network all the time. I'd rather see it go than play itself out like The Simpsons have.

It's had a long run and there a ton of episodes to fill the void it will leave. Not to mention it airs on FX and the Cartoon Network all the time. I'd rather see it go than play itself out like The Simpsons have.

Touche. The Simpsons are wayyy past their prime.

Re TD:
I agree; one of the things I've always loved about the show is that the characters are never caricatures. All of the characters--even his dickish neighbor, Kahn--have their good and bad points, and the best episodes surprise you with their nuances. I can't think of any other show that can segue effortlessly from compassion through satire through comedy and back again even within a single episode.

i love king of the hill!

i watched all the seasons in a matter of weeks after i saw it being mentioned in the animation thread

favourite characters would have to be Dale and Boomhower (sp?)

one of my fav episodes would be when kahn goes off his manic-depressive meds

I <3 King of the Hill

tumblr_lnxf12t6t31qlztoqo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lnx8rcvnC21qj6gv4o1_1280.jpg

lol how the hell did i miss this thread for so long!?! KOTH is one of the best shows ever made, not just in the animated genre either.

I think one of my fav episodes ever was called texas skillsaw massacre, its the one where hank cuts off dales finger and is forced to go to anger management classes. If you havnt seen it, its worth a watch.

I will love this show forever and forever...

sadly, it seems like most people just aren't into it. some actually hate it? WHY? HOW? I think it has a sort of understated brilliance in its substance, that makes it one of the most impressive satires of American culture (specially Texas) to date

and how about that theme song by the Refreshments? one of the best theme songs of all-time!

I bust out laughing every time I hear this

downloadblogku2.jpg

(usually at the grocery store or somewhere equally lame)

does anyone else have too hard to pick a favorite character??
like I cant even develop a top 10 because there isn't one that wouldn't be up there...

I find it frustrating...
NSFW:
securedownloalgclugd.jpg

Last edited:
Dale used to be my favorite, but Bill has taken his place; he's such a lovable sad sack.

I love Hank... and I love to hate Peggy. Oh, and Kahn usually has choice lines.

KAHN SOUPHANOUSINPHONE
Minh! Come quick! hillbillies having old-school squabble on the front lawn!
MINH SOUPHANOUSINPHONE
Oh, I bet she burn the meat loaf!
HANK HILL
20% SHRINKAGE?!
MINH SOUPHANOUSINPHONE
Why he point at crotch like that?
HANK HILL
You want me to put a patch on my WHAT?!
KAHN SOUPHANOUSINPHONE
OK, this going in a weird direction now.

Is one of my favorite Kahn moments.