• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Ketamine Subthread] Oral Administration

Actually it's not really an "animal tranquilizer"... it's used in veterinary medicine, but it's also used in human anaesthesia when a safe drug is needed because physically ketamine is quite a safe drug.

I think that calling it animal tranquilizer just enables reactionary anti-drug types to feel extra morally outraged that someone would snort an animal tranquilizer... I mean, what sort of loser druggie would resort to snorting horse tranquilizer just to get high... 8)

Anesthetic and tranquilizer are not the same thing.
Ketamine is not a tranquilizer.
AFAIK it doesn't cause localized anesthesia either. Cocaine does.

IV administration is usually not recommended with Ketamine because it hits you so fast you don't have time to pull out the needle or clean up.....

The best way to do it is to IM it (not impure shit though). You need a 1.5 inch long needle that's like 18-23 gauge that holds at least 3ml. I like to IM in my thigh.

just thought i'd point that out

Ketamine Oral

Dear friends

My girlfriend wants to try Ketamine but she won´t snort any powder, as she lost a family member due cocaine use and since then she hates anything related to snorting stuff.

I suggested to snort the liquid using a spray bottle from one of these nasal solutions, but she would rather do it orally. Well, I´ve heard that you need to ingest a lot more if you wanna take it orally than you would normally do snorting it. I also heard that the effects last longer and are somehow different from when snorted (less euphoric, more "drunk-like").

What dose would you recommend to take orally for a beginner (something equivalent to 50mg snorted)? I can´t take an oral dose myself to it find out for her because my tolerance is pretty high, but my friends who rarely do Ketamine, usually snorts about 50mg to start with. Also, what differences in effects should be expected when taken orally? How long the effects should last? Any other recommendations?

Thanks!!

About 5 years ago was my 1st experience with ketamine. I snorted about 150 mg. It was admittedly weak ketamine but felt very dissociating.

About a week later was my 2nd experience with ketamine. I put 300 mg in a shot glass and downed it. It was the same lower quality ketamine, so if you have better quality ketamine 200 mg should be equivalent. 200 mg of quality ketamine should be a good dose for someones first experience with ketamine, assuming they are looking for a full trip, and assuming they have experience with other psychedelics. Al though 150 mg might be closer to 50 mg insufflated. Depending on how comfortable your girlfriend is with tripping, I'd suggest at least 150 mg.

Al though others suggest oral dosing is not as psychedelic as snorting ketamine, I found oral ketamine to be a lot more visual. It lasted for about 4 hours and there was a lot of abstract colours flowing in random patterns. Very abstract compared to more traditional psychedelics such as LSD. Unlike any visuals I have experience with snorting ketamine, and a lot more interesting.

My friend who dosed the same amount noticed very strange sensations. When he closed his eyes it felt like he was going around in loops and felt like he was on a rollercoaster.

The 4 hour duration of the trip was entirely spent sitting down. Walking around was very difficult and could lead to nausea.

I haven't dosed ketamine orally since, as I usually only use bumps of ketamine to augment other psychedelics. Thinking of my experience with oral ketamine has piqued my interest to try it out again sometime.

It should be noted that I have been told by the legendary Shambles that oral ketamine metabolises into norketamine which is more toxic, so it is not advised to use ketamine orally on a regular basis, al though trying it out shouldn't be a problem.

Most people put off doing ketamine orally based on the fact that you have to dose a lot more, but the experience is very unique and much longer. I'd even guess that some people go through as much ketamine by snorting bumps throughout the night as they would if they just dosed one larger oral dose and rode it out. Most ketamine users have a rather massive tolerance though, so many people feel it would take too large of a dose orally to be worth it.

I'm amazed by the lack of reports of people orally dosing ketamine on bluelight. It's practically non-existent!

To all those ketamine afficionados, you haven't experienced all that ketamine has to offer until you try it out orally! It is a very unique experience, while still retaining the fascinating aspect of ketamine that brings people back to the K-hole time after time.

The effects are quite different than snorting ketamine, so I highly recommend trying ketamine orally with your girlfriend. If she doses orally and you dose through insufflation you will have rather different experiences. Assuming 150 mg is equal to 50 mg insufflated, adjust your doseage accordingly. Keep us updated on how the trip works out!

^

Thank you for replying! I have access to chlorhydrate ketamine ampoules, so it's 100% pure. I'd say that 50mg is quite good insufflated, so I'll probably try that 3-times the insufflated dose ratio and we'll see.

My major concern about oral ketamine is about nausea. Did you experienced a strong nausea when doing it orally? Can you remember how many did hours you had your last meal before doing it? I'll have metoclopramide in hands to deal with the nausea, but would rather avoid it. Also, 4 hours is a hell long experience. How long are your experiences when insufflated (just to compare)? Thanks!

^

Thank you for replying! I have access to chlorhydrate ketamine ampoules, so it's 100% pure. I'd say that 50mg is quite good insufflated, so I'll probably try that 3-times the insufflated dose ratio and we'll see.

My major concern about oral ketamine is about nausea. Did you experienced a strong nausea when doing it orally? Can you remember how many did hours you had your last meal before doing it? I'll have metoclopramide in hands to deal with the nausea, but would rather avoid it. Also, 4 hours is a hell long experience. How long are your experiences when insufflated (just to compare)? Thanks!

It was between 5-7 years ago so I don't recall how long it had been since I had eaten, but I do remember that I didn't even take that into consideration, so we probably dosed within a couple hours after eating. I'd suggest eating something light and waiting a few hours before dosing. I didn't notice any nausea sitting down, and only attempted to get up once or twice as it was very hard to keep balance. My friend reported no nausea either. As long as you both get comfortable, take a piss beforehand and get a few glasses of water set up so you keep movement to a minimal during the experience you guys should be fine.

The effects were quite strong so communication was rather minimal, al though my friend was able to describe how he felt like he was going around in loops, whereas with insufflation communication can sometimes be impossible. Compared to insufflation, it seemed easier to communicate at the level of intensity we were at compared to a similar level of intensity through insufflation.

When I insufflate ketamine the main effects usually lasts about 30 minutes with 15 minutes of residual effects.

As best as I can recall orally dosing 3 times the normal amount insufflated seems like a good estimate. It might be a little bit more intense actually, but that being said the high oral dose was very enjoyable and non-threatening so I think dosing high wont be a problem if you guys have experience with psychedelics.

Check through the oral sub-thread your original question was merged with and you might get some more estimates as to what an equivalent oral dose is compared to insufflation.

Please keep us updated as to how the experience goes! There is not much information on oral dosing, al though I'll have to check through the sub-thread, so I'm very interested to see how the effects are compared to the effects I experienced and how long the experience is for you guys. I can't stress how interesting orally dosing ketamine was. It's more like a real psychedelic trip compared to insufflation and I've never had visuals on ketamine like the ones I experienced from oral dosing al though YMMV.

I'm very excited for you guys actually lol.

I have been told by a friend who is also a doctor that orally using ketamine typicly causes severe Gastointestinal distress,aka vomiting ,nausea,etc. Altho the amount of ketamine used obviously affects the amount of nasua and vomiting that can or may occur.In general it is mostly advised to not take ketamine orally even if it is a pure liquid form or in powder form because it is toxic in a way somewhat orally,because of the way it is broken down in the stomach and so forth i imagine,altho I think that occasional oral doses of liquid ketamine would probably not hurt someone in the ling run besides the vomiting if they get vomiting or nausea by oral use which is very common.

^ Indeed. I believe oral administration makes for large amounts of norketamine which is not ideal, but occasional oral (or indeed rectal) dosing is very unlikely to cause any problems. Prolonged and repeated oral dosing (or prolonged and extended use of ketamine via any ROA for that matter) is likely to lead to the problems associated with norketamine ("ketamine cramps," bladder damage etc) so I wouldn't make a habit of it.

^^ It is true that oral ketamine breaks down into norketamine which is toxic. I believe snorting ketamine breaks down into norketamine as well, but at a smaller percentage, so like I pointed out in my first reply it is advised not to orally dose ketamine on a regular basis, but trying it out wont be a problem.

Others point out that oral dosing causes nausea, but remaining seated throughout the experience did not yield any nausea for either me or my friend.

After going through this sub-thread I'd have to agree that an equivalent oral dose is closer to 2.5 times an insufflated dose. 3 times as much would be a little more intense, but it is a very interesting experience so I think 150 mg orally for your girlfriend and 3 times your regular insufflated oral dose should be worthwhile. It may be a little more intense, but it is qualitatively different.

To the OP, you mentioned you have a tolerance to ketamine, so what is your regular insufflated dose?

What dose for you is equivalent to 50 mg insufflated for someone without any tolerance?