View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Ketamine Subthread] Oral Administration

its420time

Bluelighter
From what I've heard from Karn Jansen lectures he said that its more of like an "opiate" feeling, more social, of course it lasts longer and more visuals. I want to know if anyone has had enough to spare to take an oral dosage.. whatever that might be i have no clue.
[ 02 August 2002: Message edited by: goodkarma ]

You definately get more of the tranquilizing effects from an oral dose as opposed to the dissociative effects typical of other routes of admin.
Duration of effects goes on for hours.
I've done up to 500mg orally. It seems you can never reach a true "khole" from reasonable oral doses. Even at 500mg I was still completely aware of everything that was going on around me.
To be honest, I cant recall any visuals from oral doses and I've dosed this way at least a half a dozen times.
Also, I dont know about being social on oral K. I staggered quite a bit and slurred my words badly. So much so that social interaction would have required some serious effort.
It's different. If you've never done it, I'd recommend at least trying it once. It is completely different than your typical K experience.
[ 02 August 2002: Message edited by: Snitch ]

Hrrmm I'd be very interested to hear some more accounts of oral K. I have some friends who I think would like K but don't go in for insulffation.
I have heard that 300mg should be enough to get you into a K hole which can last for up to 20-30 minutes. Never tried it myself though.

Weight would also be a factor in oral K so I guess there is no set dose. As someone posted above 500mg didn't put him into a khole.

Oral & Rectal Administration
Threshold .3 mg / lb 40 - 50 mg
Light .6 mg / lb 50 - 100 mg
Common .75 - 2 mg / lb 75 - 300 mg
Strong 1.5 - 2.5 mg / lb 200 - 450 mg
That was taken from erowid, so I dont think that 300mg would be enough to put you in a K-Hole.

It should be noted that I had a HUGE tolerance when I dosed 500mg.
Still though, I dont think a true khole is possible with an oral dose. The effects come on really slow and like I said the dissociative effects just arent there with oral doses. It's more like a barbituate high.
[ 02 August 2002: Message edited by: Snitch ]

I wonder then if a person with a relative low ketamine tolorence could read a khole with 500mg? who knows?

taking ketamine orally actually changes the chemical into a more sedating, less pyschedelic chemical: nor-ketamine. You're better off sticking to IMing this chemical.

I know someone who took 500 mg orally and said that it was the most intense trip he had ever had.
Flipped out...more than 20 hits of acid.
definite k-hole.
destroyed a couple things in his room too

I did about 300 mg oral K in combination with ~15 mg insufflated 2C-I. It was a very visual experience, and I felt like I could flip in and out of a mild K-hole at will. Probably the 2C-I was decreasing the sedative effects of the substance.

My friend says the 500mg experience was VERY psychedellic.
He said he was floating around his room and kept trying to go inside things because he wanted to get back in his body...but he didn't recognize it and would try to enter the TV, a chair.. etc.

I took 4 pills of what was supposed to be E. Stupid, I know. Turns out it was K. And although I was blacked out for 90% of the time, everyone said I didn't pass out. I can really see the thing about floating around the room outside your body. And it was very psychadelic. I read somewhere that if E puts your brain into 2nd gear, K puts it into 10th.
That night really messed me up good. I've been living in a differnent world since then. There's a post a wrote about that somewhere.

I've done a few experiments with oral k. I really hate the process of sniffing things and I have a huge fear of needles. On one accasion, I swallowed 150mgs of K and plugged a capsul of 100mgs as well. This was definately an interesting experience. For the first 1.5 hours as it was coming up, I felt like I had taken morphine or a very strong pain killer. Once I felt I had peaked from the K, I did start to feel like I was on the edge of a K hole. I would close my eyes and get lost in my own thoughts completely. At one point, I opened my eyes and had my only true hallucination ever. I saw a squirrel running around on the ceiling of my apartment. This continued for about 30 seconds, and I immediately ran to the bathroom and vomitted. It felt as if my brain just got overloaded and had to expel whatever toxins from my body. The whole experience lasted about 3 hours or so, and then I just drifted off into a nice relaxing slumber. Seems like a big waste to me, I'll probably just insulfate it from now on, or if I can get the balls to do so, IM it.

Well, I got some Ketamine papers in powder form some weeks ago which I told I should snort. No matter how hard I tried, I couldnt snort it, it burned like hell. I have snorted Cocaine, Ritalin and Midazolam before without too much problem, although it burned. This made me think the Ketamine was strongly cutted with another drug, so I googled around to find if Ketamine should burn if taken nasally or not. I got ambiguous responses, some folks said it burns like hell, while other people say it doesnt burn at all, so finally, I decided to take it orally, because its my first time with this drug and I dont know how to IM (although I have IVed opiates before); how much powder should I drink, and which drink should I use to take it orally?

Thanks in advance.

I don't have a problem snorting it (pure K). Feels sorta similar to coke, and a lot less painful than speed.
The very minor "burn" lasts about 5-10 seconds.
Much friendlier to my nose than coke though, as abuse never results in bleeding or other problems.

Is it smart to drink it if you believe it's cut with something else?

hold out and get an acual sealed vial of Ketamine that way you will be sure of what you are putting into your body.

take it wid orange or lime juice..it goes well
bsides its not dat hard to snort but i will suggest u to go for i.v nothin matches it(take one ml)...all d best

^^ It's only a ml in standard vials of course.
IVing is IMO a bridge too far when it comes to drugs, although I know this is mostly because of the stigma. Objectively it can be a very good way of administration. But... IVing is generally the most intense, so I would never do it with any drug I don't have some extended experience with.
In some circles (mostly on 'the streets') dope can be cut with stuff like detergent, in other circles (like through friends who aren't in it for the money and are in the scene a lot, and in some parts of the world) people think they can somewhat more safely assume it's not poisoned or anything, but...
You never know for sure until you get it tested !, but I wonder how widely that option is available (here it is, legally and for free). Ketamine I get stings a little but it's not even annoying. If you have very sharp crystals it could be a reason for a 'burning feeling', maybe you have low pain tolerance. You should be able to tell for yourself how big a risk you're taking, knowing there's always risks with drugs involved... taking the K orally will slightly decrease the chance of adverse reaction or burn, but you're still putting the same stuff in your body. On top of that oral administration costs a lot of product and is generally considered inefficient.