• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Ketamine Subthread] IV vs. IM comparisons

from my experience iv= almost instant blackout and im= fun ass adventure into k land

Hey guys sorry to revive a super old thread but I felt I really should share this..
I recently had my second dose of K (did it once with a bunch of other drugs intranasally and was unable to decipher its effects vs the other substances I was on.

This experience was yesterday, I recieved and IV drip of ketamine to help with bipolar disorder.

I was given .75mg's per Kilo of body weight (70 kilo's) over a 55-60 minute total injection time.

It took 30-35 minutes to K hole, it came on over about 3 minutes and it was one of the most beautiful spiritual psychedelic experiences I've ever had. Complete ego loss, my body dissolved away and I was no longer in a dr. Office but I was put consciousness. They told me to keep on headphones and relax so I was listening to music and all the sudden this one note seemed to go on forever and I seemed to know exactly the rate of vibration for that note and felt my body start to vibrate at that rate quite intensely and then basically my consciousness left my body. Just vibrated right out.
The only thing I didn't like was that the experience of coming out was too quick and visceral. I went from this perfect space of nothingness/everything was.. To being back in my body in what felt like an instant.

Actually thanks for reviving this thread... we created these mega-threads for the purpose of having information about the topics in one place. :)

I'm really glad you had a beautiful experience, and I think it's SO cool that this is happening now in the US, using a psychedelic (or dissociative) experience to facilitate mental healing in legitimate medical practice. I hope you experience the long-lasting positive repercussions that people are reporting.

Thanks for your well wishes I really appreciate them, I am doing my second treatment tomorrow so we will see, I did already feel better once I had time to reflect on and integrate the experience. It was very healing, during the trip I looked back on a lot of things I regretted and held baggage from and just had this immediate profound understanding that every thing is as it should be, loss is part of life, and that I don't need to judge or focus on my emotions or past or present. I simply need to "be", and all I will ever need I will have and all that can happen will happen.

I loved the dilation of time as well, I would spend an hour I between two notes from the music, and was shocked to find afterward the whole K hole experience lasted no more than 15 minutes maximum.

I will add that as well as being bipolar I was a severe opiate addict, in my most recent habit I was doing 4-8 40mg ER opana (oxymorphone) per day, often sniffing two at a time just to not be sick and take the edge off.. For someone with no habit/tolerance a 20mg intranasal dose of opana would cause an overdose. And in some way it has helped with the addiction as well even if just with the cravings, but more so with the mindset just feeling like ok I'll be ok and find happiness and joy without using.

Are you still on opiates and coming off, or are you past that? I was an opiate addict for 10 years, shit's rough to put it mildly.

I've been clean a few months now after my second spell so to speak... Used oxycodone 60-90 mgs a day for a few months rehabbed, had 4 years clean and then got hooked on opana and heroin.

Did the second infusion... This was the same dose same exact process, the only difference was the length of time for the infusion, they did a much slower drip this time. I did not have any psychedelic effect at all, merely a small bit of double vision. The healing is not dependent on the experienxe but rather on the after effects that Ketamine seems to have on primarily the glutamine, but also dopamine and other neurotransmitter sites.
I can add that I feel like a new person, and have not felt this good in years literally. I've stopped my anti depression and anti anxiety toxic/side effect riddled/ generally "negative" medications and have been exercising and meditating, I will get 2 infusions a week for the next 2 week so a total of 6 in 17/18 day span, and I'm hoping I will see the positive effects last for over a year. It truly is a miracle medication for me. With its incredible effectiveness I can only say that I am so incredibly thankful that this medication is allowed to be used this way. For me it's replacing 300mg of lithium, 600 mg of sereqoul 1/2mg of Xanax depending on they day, 150 mgs of lamictal; and 150 mgs of Effexor; and even weened my suboxone down and will have gone from 8mgs a day to currently at 2mgs, with intent to be off completely in 2 weeks.
Even with those meds I was severely depressed, not able to function normally barely get out of bed.
Today I cooked myself breakfast shaved showered and got a haircut, cleaned my room, cleaned my yard, bathed my dog, spent time with my mom watching a movie and laughing, cooked and clean my dinner, and worked out. I know that sounds like normal stuff but prior to the treatment I was making 1/2 daily goals of things like; eat 1 meal today, get out of bed before the sun goes down, take a shower. So the improvement is nothing short of miraculous. Thanks for everyone's support in new to posting but have used blue light for over a decade and really love it.

Did the second infusion... This was the same dose same exact process, the only difference was the length of time for the infusion, they did a much slower drip this time. I did not have any psychedelic effect at all, merely a small bit of double vision. The healing is not dependent on the experienxe but rather on the after effects that Ketamine seems to have on primarily the glutamine, but also dopamine and other neurotransmitter sites.
I can add that I feel like a new person, and have not felt this good in years literally. I've stopped my anti depression and anti anxiety toxic/side effect riddled/ generally "negative" medications and have been exercising and meditating, I will get 2 infusions a week for the next 2 week so a total of 6 in 17/18 day span, and I'm hoping I will see the positive effects last for over a year. It truly is a miracle medication for me. With its incredible effectiveness I can only say that I am so incredibly thankful that this medication is allowed to be used this way. For me it's replacing 300mg of lithium, 600 mg of sereqoul 1/2mg of Xanax depending on they day, 150 mgs of lamictal; and 150 mgs of Effexor; and even weened my suboxone down and will have gone from 8mgs a day to currently at 2mgs, with intent to be off completely in 2 weeks.
Even with those meds I was severely depressed, not able to function normally barely get out of bed.
Today I cooked myself breakfast shaved showered and got a haircut, cleaned my room, cleaned my yard, bathed my dog, spent time with my mom watching a movie and laughing, cooked and clean my dinner, and worked out. I know that sounds like normal stuff but prior to the treatment I was making 1/2 daily goals of things like; eat 1 meal today, get out of bed before the sun goes down, take a shower. So the improvement is nothing short of miraculous. Thanks for everyone's support in new to posting but have used blue light for over a decade and really love it.

I'm really glad for you :) <3 Here's a prime example of what this medicine can do, it can change lives. Every post like this makes the work worth it. Never stop believing that fighting for what's right is worth it. :)

Also good call on all these subthreads, I guess a lot of these aren't in the Index. Thanks man, it's a big help. :)