• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Ketamine Subthread] First Time

I just wanted clarify a miscommunication I think I see with the replies.

ComfortablyNumb95,

They are saying start with 0.025 (AKA 25mg) (or 0.02 to 0.03) and that 0.100 (0.1) may be way too much.

Make sure you have a scale that shows a 0.00 reading. They are pretty cheap to get if you don't have one, accuracy when measuring potent chemicals is a must.

0.1 grams is way too much without any tolerance or experience. Start with at most half of that and wait 10-15 minutes to see what that does, actually 30 mg or so would be probably an even better starting dose. You can always take more as it doesn't last that long, so if your dose was too low, taking a higher amount around an hour later should be fine. If you have no experience yet you do not know wether you'll like strong effects so my advise is stay under 50 mg for the first dose (so 0.05 grams in how you write it down..)

ook thanks guys so i'll take a line of 50 mg (yes i do have a pretty accurate scale) and then i'll see how it goes and eventually take another line.. Approximately how long does it take to feel the effects after snorting?

You should feel a tiny little buzz instantly and should fully be feeling it in ~5-10 minutes.

Last edited:
I think K is best consumed in bumps. for a nice evening on K I usually pile up ~100-150mg, divide that roughly in 10-25mg bumps and start with doses as low as 10mg to get the feel for it. repeat as required. after some time I usually feel ready for bigger bumps and so on... :)
dissociatives can be reeeeaaaaaallllly fuckin weird. even when you've had enough experience with it. especially when you're not properly prepared and take it in a casual way it can be like "oh damn. it's that shit again. completely forgot how it feels. shit did I take too much? I think I took too much...." :D
learned this consumption method from MXE ("getting the feel for it") and it works for K too, even better due to rapid onset and short duration. (tolerance is more of an issue though)

so I'd advise you to split up 100mg in say 25 - 25 - 50 or even 10 - 15 - 25 - 50. take more as soon effects have plateaued and you feel ready to go deeper.

Ketamine first time

I was thinking about taking ketamine for my first time. I read a few trip reports online and it seems like it can be scary. I suffer from panic attacks so would I be safe to take this? If I did start to panic what I should I do to calm down? Is it possible to die from it or to suffer any damage from just using it once? What would be a suitable dosage for my first time? And lastly is it addictive?

I've only ever had experiences with cannabis and mdma before.

Ketamine has very strong anxyliotic properties. Panic attacks aren't dangerous, to calm down from one assume the fetal position. You could die if you OD'd, and dosage depends on ROA. It is very addictive in my opinion and for me anxiety is a silly idea when under the influence. For snorting i'd recommend 50mg.

The trip reports I have read show that a lot of the time you can't move so I would the hallucinations and out of body experience cause a panic attack or cause me to think I'm dying if I suffer from anxiety?

The trip reports I have read show that a lot of the time you can't move so I would the hallucinations and out of body experience cause a panic attack or cause me to think I'm dying if I suffer from anxiety?

The key would be to start of low. If you don't have a milligram scale, just do small bumps until you reach the point you want to be at. Don't go in and sniff a huge line, looking for the k-hole your first time. On my 4th time doing ketamine, I did just that and I did feel like I was dying, though only for a few seconds.

If you stick to doing small bumps, you'll be in greater control of the experience. I sincerely doubt that you'll have a panic attack from that, as low doses of ketamine are very relaxing.

Ketamine is like an opiate in the way that "everything is perfect"; not similar in effects, except for sedation depending on the opiate vs ketamine isomer. As Crashing mentioned, ketamine is a potent anxiolytic (not anxyliotic, which is just a misspelling of the word) and would most likely diminish any anxiety you have about consuming the substance.

If youre simply snorting it at very small dosages, for example 30-40mg once an hour, then youll be fine. Its very difficult to overdose with ketamine if youre insufflating it.

You can move while on ketamine, but you wont even be thinking about moving. The hallucinations and OBEs you mention are what happens at higher doses of ketamine, nearing k-hole levels and even past that.

Stick to 30-40mg at first to get a feel for the dissociation it causes. The addictive potential is all very subject. I find it very more-ish, but some people I know enjoy getting really wonky and then chill out for an hour before doing more.

Do you know which isomer you would be consuming? As S(+) isomer is about 2 times more potent than R(-) isomer, in which case would need re-evaluation of those doses you would be consuming.

So if I took a low dose alone in my room some night it would be totally safe?

I'm not sure of what isomer I would be taking yet.

Doing ketamine alone in the bedroom, sweet cosmic glory. Doing ketamine, or doing drugs alone will never be safe, but you can be safe about it. I doubt you'll be able to figure out which isomer it is unless you have a killer analytical laboratory in your room.

Usually the fear of dying comes with stimulants, generally on dissociatives if i have a somewhat negative reaction I will be convinced that I AM DEAD which is a very different type of anxiety and I don't think it's something you have to worry about. Your body will not enter a panic state under the influence of an anesthetic like ketamine, it's intended use is for operating. You might go through some beginners mental stress but it's not something that will stick with you for days.

I actually took ketamine for the first time a couple of days ago. Unfortunately we bought our K at a festival and it was cut but I still had a pretty good experience on it. I had a tiny line initially just to be safe (I had no experience with drugs prior to taking K except from alcohol and cannabis) and then had another one shortly after as I wasn't feeling much. Even after two lines it was still a fairly mellow experience, I just felt numb and disassociated and pretty happy really. I kept telling my boyfriend that my fingers felt tingly and I liked looking down at my hands because it felt really surreal, as I felt a bit disconnected from my body. It didn't last long so I had another line later on that just made me feel really chatty and relaxed for about an hour. I had another line again the next day and it just made me feel sleepy.

Basically, try small amounts and you'll be fine! I really enjoyed my first ketamine experience but I'd like to get some uncut stuff next time.

just start low and build up your dose until you feel comfortable.
it very very unlikely that you will die unless you kill yourself since the fatal dose for ketamine is probably higher than you could afford.

Very strange drug. Start with a low dose to see whether or not you like it.

I've found ketamine to be not scary in any way
I have sniffed probably close to 3 ounces worth of the shit since I began using it and never once had a scary or bad trip
However some people really really hate the stuff, I was never one of those.
Start low because it can be confusing at times and nauseating for some people

OD'ing within a reasonable quantity range* seen for recreational use will not really be physically dangerous considering recreational and even strongly dissociative experiences come from doses that are lower than those used for complete anaesthesia for surgeries. And even then ketamine is known for being relatively safe which is why it is used on children and the elderly. It doesn't drop your vital signs like a lot of other downer type anaesthetics do, at least as long as you don't start doing heavy cocktails with other drugs.

(*By reasonable quantity range I meant that even if you take say a whole gram - 5 or 10 times a normal / strong recreational dose it might be an OD in recreational terms and you will suffer strong narcotic effects and anaesthesia, but it will not be a true and dangerous OD because it still isn't immediately near the LD50)

Ketamine is harmful to your body with chronic use, for example to the gallbladder and bladder. Those are considerable risks but it is probably negligible for a healthy person using no more than occasionally.

Mentally the experiences can be quite extreme and to manage that should be a big concern. Still, it is not incredibly dangerous that way, what I am saying is just that beginners should slowly work their way up.

Addiction is a serious risk which implies chronic use which implies the potential harm to your body I mentioned. I've had first-hand experience with that and I am not abiding in recovery of it.

Ketamine feels like it isn't at a big risk for panic attacks because it often flattens feelings including an immediate sense of anxiety because of the effects you are getting. But just start low and anticipate that the effects are bizarre and that things are likely to stop making a whole lot of sense.

Last edited: