• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Ketamine Subthread] First Time

First Time Ket

recently a close friend has said that he can get Ketamine and so ive decided to try some. What i wanna know is how much to take and how long the high and also the side effects would last eg. pupils etc. What did you guys do on your first time stay in, go for a walk?? i need reccomendations people :D

Cheers,
Stu

25-50mg should be enough if you've never had ketamine before.

Itll last for an hour, maybe a bit longer depending on your sensativity to the product and how strong it is.

Pupils will dialate,
Dont expect to be able to walk or talk correctly if it hits you as hard as ketamine usually hits me (granted I like sub-hole/hole doses)

The feeling of being sucked into a vortex whilst simoultaniously drifting out of your body as if you are a balloon will probably make you want to sit down, however I find lowdose perfect for dancing (that said I find 50mg to be lowdose, where as you might find this to be a perfectly moderate dose seeing as you've never tried it).

Have a bed and some music (preferably dubstep or DnB IMO/E) ready so you can k-out on the comfy bed if necessary.

You're going to find that the drip taste awful, but if you want to get the most out of your ket swish the drip around your mouth a bit. It'll help catch whatever your nose didnt.

Most importantly though, have fun! Ketamine is my favorite chemical

For future reference, ketamine is a drug most suited for PD (as with other dissociatives)
You might want to check out the Big and Dandy Ketamine Thread for all your ketamine needs!

Cheers mate

The dose really depends on what you want to get out of the experience.
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/ketamine/ketamine_dose.shtml
For your first time, I would recommend a sub"K-hole" dose, but once you know what you're in for, the K-hole is really what ketamine is all about, at least for me.
I would not recommend going for a walk, as some users report nausea on K. This can be easily overcome by simply lying down.
I've never noticed intensely dilated pupils on K, but maybe that's just me.

You're going to find that the drip taste awful

Really?
To me, ketamine is probably the most pleasant thing to snort. The burn is almost negligible (esp. when you're already a little K'd out) and the drip is chemically sweet and delicious.
Or maybe I just like ketamine a little too much...

The burn isnt too bad, compared to say 2C-B :)|), but its not as smooth sailing as cocaine! (especially the air dried crystals I get, those can really cut up my nose sometimes). How you find that taste pleasant is beyond me. We, as humans, are naturally inclined to dislike such bitter tastes like ketamine and MDMA. One can usually look a bit past this, or trick their mind into thinking they like it though when relating the taste to the experience (i.e. the amazing high)

As for dosing, you have to take into consideration that the OP has never used ketamine before. Because of this, what might be a sub-hole dose for a regulare ketamine user, might be overkill for a user who has never used the substance before.

You should also keep into consideration that when using a new substance you want to start as slow as possible, as you A.) dont know if you're allergic (this can be determied with an allergy test. Take 10mg and see if anything negative happens), and B.) dont know how your body will react to the substance.

You can always have more, but you can never have less.

In relation to nausea, id advise not eating for 1-2 hours before using.

thanks everyone for the speedy replies, erm.. does anyone know how long it would take for your pupils to return to normal if they do dilate? whats about redosing after the first hit. Is it the kind of drug where you only do it once (like ecstacy) or can it be used repeatedly (speed) Sorry for being so useless but no one around here has much experience with it

Stu

I dont really look in the mirror during my ket trips, so I cant say exactly how long itll take for your pupils to go back to normal size, but seeing how the high doesnt really last longer than an hour and a half you should be in the clear within 2-3 hours tops. YMMV though, I know for me personally (because I have blue eyes, thus naturally dilated yes), it seems much longer for them to go back to "normal".

Ketamine is definitelly a drug you can re-dose. The general consensus is to wait fifteen minutes after your innitial dosing before redosing though, but again YMMV. Re-dose as necessary, but remember it'll take a minute or five to kick in.

The burn isnt too bad, compared to say 2C-B :)|), but its not as smooth sailing as cocaine! (especially the air dried crystals I get, those can really cut up my nose sometimes). How you find that taste pleasant is beyond me. We, as humans, are naturally inclined to dislike such bitter tastes like ketamine and MDMA. One can usually look a bit past this, or trick their mind into thinking they like it though when relating the taste to the experience (i.e. the amazing high)

As for dosing, you have to take into consideration that the OP has never used ketamine before. Because of this, what might be a sub-hole dose for a regulare ketamine user, might be overkill for a user who has never used the substance before.

You should also keep into consideration that when using a new substance you want to start as slow as possible, as you A.) dont know if you're allergic (this can be determied with an allergy test. Take 10mg and see if anything negative happens), and B.) dont know how your body will react to the substance.

You can always have more, but you can never have less.

In relation to nausea, id advise not eating for 1-2 hours before using.
Have you tried dragging it around with a credit card until it turns into a fine powder? It burns absolutely nothing.

As for the OP, take little bumps at a time, about 30mg. Wait about 5-10 minutes or until you feel you want more, and take another small bump. You'll slowly get more and more K'd out, but it's more difficult to reach the K-hole this way. This method is better if you're with friends and still want to socialize. It's a great feeling, your body will feel good, but you might just wanna stay seated (it'll be a little hard to get up, even mentally, you just won't want to lol.)

Have you tried dragging it around with a credit card until it turns into a fine powder? It burns absolutely nothing.

Ive tried everything from re-cooking to using a mortar and pestle.

I tend to just use credit card now, but even with that it still burns. Not that bad, but burns nonetheless.

Hmm, odd, because the first thing I ever snorted was K, and my first time doing it, it wasn't powdered, it was still crystallized. It didn't hurt, but I did end up cutting my throat a little and it got irritated so my throat hurt for 2 weeks after that. Now when I grind it up to a fine powder, I don't even feel it going down, and I'm still relatively new at snorting (K was the first thing I ever snorted, and I've only done it about 9 times total.) You probably have a K-sensitive nose? =x

I think the years of snorting chems has probably done a bit of damage, thus making my nose sensative in general... :\

Oh well, ill snort ketamine until I cant snort no' mo!

Does anyone know why it is that insufflating chemicals causes your nose to burn? I mean, obviously its because you are damaging your nose, but what specifically happens up there to cause the damage?

ketamine although its addictive, is one of the safest drugs out there IMO

ketamine although its addictive, is one of the safest drugs out there IMO
Safe in the sense that you won't OD from it (you'd pass out long before that) but long term use can lead to some SERIOUS health problems mostly related to you're bladder and gall bladder. I've seen it first hand someone using the washroom every 15 -10 minutes and their still bumping despite the constant visits to a doctor and getting terrible K cramps. On top of that lots of K over a long period of time (though really 6-12 months is pretty short) is all it takes for some people to start showing some symptons i.e urinary tract infections, stomach pains (painful sweat and vomit inducing stomach pains that'll have you moaning like a bitch) and a whole pleathora of other shit if you wanna look for it.

Btw I LOVE Kitty its just I've seen it happen to sooooo many people (myself included) and them getting fucked because of K-cramps and bladder issues. Ketamine really isnt dangerous to use every once and a while. Its everyday 1g+ habits (which can start becoming really little really quick) that will mess you up in a short amount of time

oh no doubt about that mob. I meant safe in a sense as opposed to say MDMA once a week. if you take in less than a G of Ket once a week, there will most likely be no long term damage

That's not possible... I call bullshit, don't get scared of K, it is a very fun drug especially when you smoke a joint and take 3 nice bumps...=) heaven... K-holing on the other hand you need to be in the mood for a new experience for that hahah.

Last edited:
it is great that these old k threads float to the surface. very educational. k can also be a very good chemical to have in a therapy toolbox. no doubt on party drug status, but k can be extremely valuable in providing relief to folks with nerve pain issues. the stuff works. @ low doses. but, to each his/her own. be safe. enjoy your life.