• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Ketamine Subthread] Dosage and Methods of Administration

I can't see ketamine being more dangerous orally, I would guess it's safer, but it's pretty safe nasally too. It's not hard on the nose. Also the dosage is far less nasally, but likely the duration is shorter. The danger of ketamine comes from abusing it... there are many cases of serious bladder issues and pain from that. Using it occasionally is quite safe. Almost everyone uses it nasally, or IM.

^^^Agreed. Ketamine orally is much much less potent, so nasal or im/iv are considered to be the only reasonable options. Nasal has never been a problem for me, but I've never been a binger.

The biggest problem with taking ketamine orally seems to be that you have to take so much of it by that ROA. That might make the side effects worse with chronic use.

Taken orally:
- since you have to take more K to achieve the same level of effects relatively, and that bigger amount corresponds to more metabolites / side-effects / toxicity you could indirectly say that oral use will eventually cause more problems for the same intensity of effects.
- but it's not entirely a fair comparison since the effects are different. Orally everything undergoes first-pass metabolism which converts a maximum amount of ketamine into the metabolite norketamine. This substance is considered to feel more body-high ish, but also dirty, and less psychedelic / mentally interesting and just less intense by comparison. Probably a lot of ketamine's aftereffects via whichever ROA are caused by norketamine.

Other ROAs carry not only arguably more or less toxic effects but also different kinds of damages and risks.
- with nasal use you screw up your nose. In my experience direct irritation felt as pain when snorted, or drip, are not your biggest problems when snorting. And for occasional use snorting seems absolutely fine and it would seem like overreacting to resort to other ROAs. But if you use it more frequently, your nose can really get chronically congested and the linings can get damaged, you get scabby nosepicking situations that can make it worse, and getting sinusitis much more often is a serious concern.
- Plugging... not that I never plugged anything before, but with K personally I would say I would not want the concerns with nasal use to apply to my rectum...
- Injecting: I never IV'ed and am not planning to, but with dissociatives in general I did switch to IM use. The risks there are mostly in applying that ROA incorrectly or maybe seriously overusing and not leaving your muscles alone. With injection the least amount of material is needed and it feels cleanest, but it MUST be done right and the filters are expensive. I personally did not get more compulsive with IM but I can understand if people do, and especially with IV use. Switching to injection is no light hearted matter and I would never recommend it off the bat.
But you can use the change in risks to your advantage.

hmm thank you, I really do not like the congested feeling the day after sniffing anything, I seem to get it worse than most people I know but I maybe I just don't snort shit often enough.
Would it help if I made a solution and then dripped liquid into my nose? or would that just immediately go down the back of my throat? maybe taking a little bit oral at the first of the night and then sniffing for the rest of the night would be good.

why is plugging K not worthwhile again ? i seem to remember reading that online a while back. plugging mxe however is the best ROA (better than injecting iv or im in my opinion)

Yeah plugged MXE has a special character to it, very deep and intense.

Taking k orally is pointless in my opinion, as Solipsis said you have to take more (3 times as much I remember reading)

Man up and snort it, a blocked nose is really not that big a deal

Something like that.... Smooths the muscles or something. Searching athsma and ketamine I came across a study testing this on application with infants with severe athsma in attack by im injection. Not saying k should be used on infants or as a solution to athsma as it can make things much worse too if used improperly probably more so then fixing things possibly