• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ketamine Injection (archived scraps)

By the way my first experiment with ketamine was as a participant in a study where they gave me ketamine IV for an hour and kept plasma level of ketamine 300ng/ml.

That was quite a dose, I couldn't move my legs or arms at all and I was tripping very hard. :)

This study:

Effects of subanesthetic doses of ketamine on regional cerebral blood flow, oxygen consumption, and blood volume in humans.
Langsjo JW, Kaisti KK, Aalto S, Hinkka S, Aantaa R, Oikonen V, Sipila H, Kurki T, Silvanto M, Scheinin H.
Anesthesiology. 2003 Sep;99(3):614-23.

BACKGROUND: Animal experiments have demonstrated neuroprotection by ketamine. However, because of its propensity to increase cerebral blood flow, metabolism, and intracranial pressure, its use in neurosurgery or trauma patients has been questioned. METHODS: 15O-labeled water, oxygen, and carbon monoxide were used as positron emission tomography tracers to determine quantitative regional cerebral blood flow (rCBF), metabolic rate of oxygen (rCMRO2), and blood volume (rCBV), respectively, on selected regions of interest of nine healthy male volunteers at baseline and during three escalating concentrations of ketamine (targeted to 30, 100, and 300 ng/ml). In addition, voxel-based analysis for relative changes in rCBF and rCMRO2 was performed using statistical parametric mapping. RESULTS: The mean +/- SD measured ketamine serum concentrations were 37 +/- 8, 132 +/- 19, and 411 +/- 71 ng/ml. Mean arterial pressure was slightly elevated (maximally by 15.3%, P < 0.001) during ketamine infusion. Ketamine increased rCBF in a concentration-dependent manner. In the region-of-interest analysis, the greatest absolute changes were detected at the highest ketamine concentration level in the anterior cingulate (38.2% increase from baseline, P < 0.001), thalamus (28.5%, P < 0.001), putamen (26.8%, P < 0.001), and frontal cortex (25.4%, P < 0.001). Voxel-based analysis revealed marked relative rCBF increases in the anterior cingulate, frontal cortex, and insula. Although absolute rCMRO2 was not changed in the region-of-interest analysis, subtle relative increases in the frontal, parietal, and occipital cortices and decreases predominantly in the cerebellum were detected in the voxel-based analysis. rCBV increased only in the frontal cortex (4%, P = 0.022). CONCLUSIONS: Subanesthetic doses of ketamine induced a global increase in rCBF but no changes in rCMRO2. Consequently, the regional oxygen extraction fraction was decreased. Disturbed coupling of cerebral blood flow and metabolism is, however, considered unlikely because ketamine has been previously shown to increase cerebral glucose metabolism. Only a minor increase in rCBV was detected. Interestingly, the most profound changes in rCBF were observed in structures related to pain processing.

Full article: https://rikki.fi/tajkor/psych/Effects_of_Subanesthetic_Doses_of_Ketamine.pdf

:)

ketamine inject?

Ive got a 20ml vial of ket 100mg a ml 2 grams in a vial ,Can i inject I.M and how many mg at a time?

I am after mostly ephoria no trippy stuff so what dose would you recomend?

i would do like 3 cc's then maybe work you way up. i did 9cc's before IM and turned out to be a lil to much and half the night passed away or perhaps 2 hours iam not sure cause i have no recollection of the events afterwards

3cc's that would be like 300mg's yes,I will be injecting the oil liquid out of the vial into my buttock's is this correct,Or use a smaller muscle group?

you can use wherever we would allways just go in the bicep cause there is more muscle there than in your butt.

300mg would be enough to k-hole if you are under 200lbs i would start smaller and work your way up

Last edited:
There is no euphoria without psychedelia when you use ketamine. Even then the euphoria is distinct from opiates and amphetamines. I dont think K is what you are after. Try 100 mgs to start with maximum! If you are not a psych person its going to give you a balls to the wall ride that will forever change you.

If euphoria is what u are after, not "trippy stufff" then ur not going to like ketamine.

^^ What he said 8o

Caizar you've had ketamine before DO NOT take 3cc's (300mg) or that will soon become Regretamine consider 100mg (1cc or 1ml). Your ass or your thigh and use medical swabs before and after.

i find that small nasal doses of k (40mgs) give me euphoria but no noticable trippyness.

it might be possible to behold some euphoria without so much of the psychedelic experience, but you are going to want to start out lower than 100 mgs. don't take too much ketamine, as it is not a drug that (if you are not experienced with it) is fun.

I would IM in the butt and not the bicep, as that is what I have always done. but you can decide for yourself here.

Axl Blaze said:
it might be possible to behold some euphoria without so much of the psychedelic experience, but you are going to want to start out lower than 100 mgs. don't take too much ketamine, as it is not a drug that (if you are not experienced with it) is fun.

and when you get experimented with ket, too much is not enough.

be carefull, this stuff is really addictive.

and, the first few high dose trips will test the solidity of your mind.

caizar said:
3cc's that would be like 300mg's yes,I will be injecting the oil liquid out of the vial into my buttock's is this correct,Or use a smaller muscle group?

I would suggest against the buttocks. There's alot of fat there, so I don't think it works as well. I tried my buttocks the first time I tried IM, and I got nothing, then using the same vial the next night, I used my bicep and got great results. Granted, your bicep will hurt more, but I believe that the minor upgrade in pain is well worth not wasting any product.

^It totally depends, if you can find and hit your own ass muscle then use that. If you can't because of excess fat or lack of needle skills then try a smaller easier muscle.

Also- to the earlier comment, if it is an oil, don't inject it anywhere!

Strange strange choice of ancient threads to bump.