• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Keep Sinning

I just converted to Islam. I no longer feel guilty about crushing infidels.

This is crazy thinking by the way. No wonder people hate God when that's how they've been lead to think.

How? Are you denying that human beings cause other human beings and themselves harm both directly and indirectly? Please elucidate this "crazy thinking-" to me it seems as plain as day.

I am not denying the existence of the experience of oneness and "I Am," please don't misunderstand me. I simply believe applying the term God to such experiences cheapens them due to the immediate association with organised religions and the false-prophets and cult leaders who claim (extremely arrogantly in my opinion) to know the mind of god and thus be able to interpret it for others.

To me, priests, rabbis, imams, etc, are the REAL sinners - they spout the ultimate lie, that they alone have a one way connection with this supreme oneness, and that the oneness has chosen THEM in particular to convey to the rest of our barely evolved homo-sapien brains exactly what he/she/it wants.

I am not denying the existence of the experience of oneness and "I Am," please don't misunderstand me. I simply believe applying the term God to such experiences cheapens them due to the immediate association with organised religions and the false-prophets and cult leaders who claim (extremely arrogantly in my opinion) to know the mind of god and thus be able to interpret it for others.

To me, priests, rabbis, imams, etc, are the REAL sinners - they spout the ultimate lie, that they alone have a one way connection with this supreme oneness, and that the oneness has chosen THEM in particular to convey to the rest of our barely evolved homo-sapien brains exactly what he/she/it wants.

Right on brotha' ..^^haha

At any rate, it's the nature of Man that's the problem..as has been, always will be, imo...until we take out our own species b/c of it.

On a different note, if aliens fucked with our DNA to make us 'human'...why couldn't they take away human nature...The need to dominate, take away resources of another peoples, and basically treat our own kind with more brutality than any other animal ever has...yeah yeah yeah...all the evolutionary need talk...but damn...smh tangent yeah sry, little lifted r'now

Just giving my thoughts earlier. ;)

OP-what does acting 'like a scumbag' mean to you?

That's your association that you choose to have. You don't have to have that association. When Jesus was on Earth he distanced himself from most contemporary associations with "God" and tried to teach us about a perfect loving God. And he was also killed for it.

But you can also have the same relationship with God that Jesus had if you can let go of all that stands in the way of it. I don't worry about all the things that have been done in the name of religion and all the prophets because I don't see it as having anything to do with my relationship with God (and it wasn't done for his sake).

This line of thinking just serves to distance people from God. It's like they can't see the wood for the trees.

Last edited:
To me, priests, rabbis, imams, etc, are the REAL sinners

Not all are sinners. Some can also be "saints". Our family priest has healing hands and a real comforting presence. He's so sought after he worked himself so hard he had a nervous breakdown and had to be sectioned for a while until he regained his strength.

When I was in rehab I also asked to see him and he came and talked to me for 1 1/2 hours and could relate to my spiritual experiences like meeting Christ when I was on the verge of death, etc.

However, he is a special kind of priest and I respect him enormously. I can't see that I'll ever come to have done as much good for the world.

Every one is a sinner! Does anyone know who isn't. Maybe Saints.
I believe there is no exception as this is part of our nature.

You may heal, but not yet a saint. We can't afford to be that naive.

Were the Indians Saints too? Gandhi? Madre Calcuta? I deeply respect them too.
I do believe some of them had healing powers to say the least. But that does not make them "Gods".

Ask a healer and he or she will probably say confirm this faster than your question.

Doing good or having special powers, is one thing. And being human and a sinner is another.
It has nothing to do with our human nature IME/O.

Last edited:
That's true, I spontaneously get warm hands but it doesn't make me any less of a sinner. It just means you can work as a channel for spiritual energy or are open for a certain electro-magnetic energy flowing through you.

That's your association that you choose to have. You don't have to have that association. When Jesus was on Earth he distanced himself from most contemporary associations with "God" and tried to teach us about a perfect loving God. And he was also killed for it.

But you can also have the same relationship with God that Jesus had if you can let go of all that stands in the way of it. I don't worry about all the things that have been done in the name of religion and all the prophets because I don't see it as having anything to do with my relationship with God (and it wasn't done for his sake).

This line of thinking just serves to distance people from God. It's like they can't see the wood for the trees.

Of course that's my association, that's why I said it. That's like saying "well that's just your opinion." Duh, of course it's my opinion.

What stands in the way of this perfect relationship with God then?

I didn't mean it like that or said it just as a way of criticising you. I just meant your relationship with God could be better if you didn't let so much stand in the way of it (although our culture also makes sure of that). But that's upto you and your choice and if it's what makes you happy, then by all means, it's not for me to say how you should relate to these things.

Just wanted to point out that there are other alternatives. You could also relate to God as the consciousness that fills you when you're in a peak psychedelic state, for instance, or you could adopt Plotinus view of creation as increasingly less pure emanations emanating from the Absolute or the Godhead. All the same it's your choice.

It's just that the popular outlook of associating God with nothing but the crimes of organised religion, etc. doesn't do anything for me and I also don't see what that has to do with the true nature of God. It's not the God I know, that's for sure (and, yes, everyone can come to know God on a personal level, the idea that we can't is a lie imposed on us by those who wished to yield all the power).

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get defensive.

Again, I do not associate God purely with religion, and it's positives and negatives; I tend to prefer denouncing the connection because I believe it impedes rather than helps us find our connection with this "ultimate oneness."

Again, I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "letting things stand in the way." Like what? Help me out here.

I enjoy psychedelics, and feel sometimes they bring me into contact with this "God" state; likewise with meditation, and so on.

Is that what you mean?

Yes, what you can learn from personal experience and ideologies you can accept. Religion has mostly been used to give us a controlled form of spirituality and for social and political control. But that doesn't mean there aren't also glimmers of truth in it. If it weren't, it wouldn't have any power over the human mind.

I just mean it's pointless to hate God because you don't like the context it's presented in, as it doesn't have anything to do with what God really is, so you should just look away from that. Don't expect to find a religion or belief-system where everything resonates with you, especially not a mass religion, there's just no such thing and it's a waste of energy to worry about it.

Although some seem to enjoy this more than looking for the truth - they can't tell you what they believe in but they can tell you what they don't believe in. So many seem to have it as their mission to tear down others beliefs still they don't have any alternatives to come up with.

Last edited:
I agree with you Ninae, and think we're essentially on the same page.

Still, criticism of the currently established religions is not only important but a necessity in my opinion due to the disproportionate amount of power and influence they hold in economics, politics, and society.

My ideal is to keep religion separate from state, politics, economics, etc. etc.

I'm for secular societies world-wide in which people can wear whichever silly piece of cloth on their head/face/ankle they wish, without fear of persecution or discrimination and anybody can be free to comment on such choices without fear of retribution (say, being beheaded or stoned to death publicly.) The attack on free speech would stop, and we would stop being told we're not allowed to voice an opinion because it's "insulting" (as if that were ever a legitimate, sophisticated enough reason to end an argument or debate about something.)

It seems to be in faith-based theologies very nature however to encourage and engender the exact opposite of secular, humanistic values, as wherever monotheism's prevail the exact opposite sort of society tends to exist - one of division, endless tribal warfare, injustice and regression.

Last edited:
I agree with you Ninae, and think we're essentially on the same page.

Still, criticism of the currently established religions is not only important but a necessity in my opinion due to the disproportionate amount of power and influence they hold in economics, politics, and society.

My ideal is to keep religion separate from state, politics, economics, etc. etc.

I'm for secular societies world-wide in which people can wear whichever silly piece of cloth on their head/face/ankle they wish, without fear of persecution or discrimination and anybody can be free to comment on such choices without fear of retribution (say, being beheaded or stoned to death publicly.) The attack on free speech would stop, and we would stop being told we're not allowed to voice an opinion because it's "insulting" (as if that were ever a legitimate, sophisticated enough reason to end an argument or debate about something.)

It seems to be in faith-based theologies very nature however to encourage and engender the exact opposite of secular, humanistic values, as wherever monotheism's prevail the exact opposite sort of society tends to exist - one of division, endless tribal warfare, injustice and regression.

Great post friend :) <3

I keep commiting sins. I need to get off drugs completely. Nobody's perfect, but sometimes I just don't think through things with God in mind.

If anyone has advice, beyond getting sober which I already know I need to do, let me know.

I don't really have advice, but I can relate to you. I believe in God. I was raised in a very Christian conservative home..obviously I have deviated from that. For other reasons, personal. But, the good thing about God (Im assuming you believe because you referred to Him) is that He forgives. No matter why we mess up or screw up. Not saying that makes it right..you do drugs for your personal reasons, issues, etc. I do drugs for my personal reasons, issues, etc. We are not perfect. People mess up, and people need relief. Sometimes people choose healthy reliefs or unhealthy reliefs.

I only read the original post by treezy but maybe you keep you in mind. Live for yourself.

It's interesting you think God is a hindrance to "thinking clearly". What you think God thinks of you, is yourself being analyzed by yourself. What is the nature of the sins? Are you hurting people, hurting yourself? You don't want to be sober but drug use seems to be the problem considering your worried (maybe) that "God" wants you to be sober. Discover what it is about your "sinning" that troubles you and then correct those.

As a Christian, one thing that really bothers me is looking back on how hedonistic I was. I feel immense guilt and fear and I doubt my salvation all the time.
I have been sober from meth, molly, weed, shrooms, addy, alcohol, pills of many sorts, etc... For 6 months but I feel mental anguish every day thinking about why I could have been so stupid. I know God forgives but I feel like such a horrible person. I made my family hurt so bad and now I must suffer for a while. I know God will not abandon me, but my psychosis tells me I'm condemned. It's very unsettling and I can no longer leave my house.

As a Christian, one thing that really bothers me is looking back on how hedonistic I was. I feel immense guilt and fear and I doubt my salvation all the time.
I have been sober from meth, molly, weed, shrooms, addy, alcohol, pills of many sorts, etc... For 6 months but I feel mental anguish every day thinking about why I could have been so stupid. I know God forgives but I feel like such a horrible person. I made my family hurt so bad and now I must suffer for a while. I know God will not abandon me, but my psychosis tells me I'm condemned. It's very unsettling and I can no longer leave my house.

Hey man. Congratulations on the six months of sobriety. :) You did that- you should be proud of yourself. That's a huge achievement that needs to be acknowledged. <3

I'm not a christian or deist of any sort, but I was raised a catholic. From what I know of christianity, god created you; but he didn't create just your good points, he created you, warts and all. I'm convinced that a compassionate god would not blame his own creations for displaying traits he 'built in'. That would be evil IMO, and most proponents claim that the entity is not evil. Perhaps the idea of a condemnatory entity is damaging. I create music; I can judge my music as good or bad; but it would be madness to blame the actual music I made for the problems within it. I still feel some kinship to songs I've recorded that utterly suck; they are still my creations and I feel proud for manifesting them. :)

Be easy on yourself. Don't condemn yourself. We are often so much harder on ourselves then we are on others. Your family will forgive you; yes, you will suffer for a while, because you have a conscience and ethics; but all things pass. :)