• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kava root powder

femaletrouble

Bluelighter
Hi I have a 50g bag of kava I've never tried this stuff before. In fact I don't know the 1st thing about it other than its supposed to be good for anxiety. Can anybody tell me how to use this? How many grams do I need to feel it? BTW I take 4gram of kratom aday.

Also curious about kava,but think,that the price could be high for me.There's plenty of guys,who use this.They will tell

It's good for anxiety but you need to prepare it using one of these:

gBZmqcD.png

You can also use instant kava which mixes in water or juice but this can cause nausea and vomiting

2 tablespoons is a good starting dose, perhaps 2.5 or 3...
Is quite expensive to be honest but I generally reuse makas (the roots rest after you do the preparation) for like 3 days, with a 1 or 2 tablespoons more each day, which makes it stronger and stronger.

If you have instant/MICRONIZED kava then you can use 3-4 teaspoons, add water and voila! Otherwise use a clean sock, pantyhose, cheesecloth, muselin or strainer bag (in order of preference xD) and knead it for like 10 minutes, after letting the proper amount to rest in water with some kind of fat source (sunflower lecithin seems the best but I use vegetal milk with high fat: coconut, oat, whatever it has +2% fat).
It's good stuff, as one guy said in reddit: kratom hits harder but kava hits deeper.

I generally use 2-4 tablespoons, throw it in the blender with luke warm water and a bit of milk, strain, drink.

Kava is hit and miss for me. I've had some kava extracts which I enjoyed just as much as 10-15mg of diazepam. Feels great.

But regular kava seems to not agree with my stomach/body so much. It's hard to explain, but it gives me a certain level of side effect that seems to counteract it's calming effect.

I still can't come to a conclusion about kava. I both like it and dislike it at the same time. I think I just need to experiment more with kava.

If I could find out what part of kava makes me queezy, remove that, then I would fall in love with kava just as much as I love kratom.

It has potential for an alcohol replacement, but right now, it just doesn't fill that spot for me.

I generally use 2-4 tablespoons, throw it in the blender with luke warm water and a bit of milk, strain, drink.

Kava is hit and miss for me. I've had some kava extracts which I enjoyed just as much as 10-15mg of diazepam. Feels great.

But regular kava seems to not agree with my stomach/body so much. It's hard to explain, but it gives me a certain level of side effect that seems to counteract it's calming effect.

I still can't come to a conclusion about kava. I both like it and dislike it at the same time. I think I just need to experiment more with kava.

If I could find out what part of kava makes me queezy, remove that, then I would fall in love with kava just as much as I love kratom.

It has potential for an alcohol replacement, but right now, it just doesn't fill that spot for me.
Today, a few hours in fact, I took like two glasses of kava, only 2 tablespoons plus old makas, it was a big amount of makas in fact, of like 4 days...
Then I went to buy something, had never used kava in a "social context", always to relax in home after a day. Wow... I felt quite intoxicated, not in the sense of being disfunctional or anything like that, but I just felt so different, almost tipsy (I barely drink alcohol, ever). I consider it much more intoxicating than kratom, once you get some tolerance to kratom. Or maybe the word is non-functional, because kratom is probably the most versatile plant ever.

For me it causes some stomach discomfort, heavyness, and sedation, in fact I'm thinking to go for a nap, for half an hour, to see if I really need it.

How do you strain it?

Makas is when you use the root, in a beverage, after straining, there's still the root, normally wet.
Then you can use that 2-3 or even 6 times, each time getting weaker, if you only do 2 strains of the root then you can save the makas for the next time, and you knead them again, maybe adding 1 or 2 tablespoons each sessions, that way you don't need to use 3 or 4 tablespoons sometimes, you get enough from 2 tablespoons plus 2-3 days accumulated makas/roots.

Makas is when you use the root, in a beverage, after straining, there's still the root, normally wet.
Then you can use that 2-3 or even 6 times, each time getting weaker, if you only do 2 strains of the root then you can save the makas for the next time, and you knead them again, maybe adding 1 or 2 tablespoons each sessions, that way you don't need to use 3 or 4 tablespoons sometimes, you get enough from 2 tablespoons plus 2-3 days accumulated makas/roots.
Thank you for the info/tip I never would have known about that

Thank you for the info/tip I never would have known about that
I need to think on how to save money since kava is not specially cheap, once you get use to kratom prices (if you don't abuse) every other substance seems expensive...
I promise that that trick works nicely, I'm pretty krunk (kava-drunk) right now.

i love to combine it w amanita muscaria. it raises the efficacy of muscimol signficantly. in fact, it's a good potentiator in general

There's no in my area Muscaria.If i find some elsewhere i would deskinned at preserve te skin for furher experiment.Quite interesting chemical is this muscimol.I think it involved gaba receptors also.

Hi I have a 50g bag of kava I've never tried this stuff before. In fact I don't know the 1st thing about it other than its supposed to be good for anxiety. Can anybody tell me how to use this? How many grams do I need to feel it? BTW I take 4gram of kratom aday.
2nd post down.

A 50 gr bag though, is either just a sample (I am trying real hard to use under 75 gr a day, of "noble" root.

Or you have instant kava. Which needs no prep, just mixing with water or liquid, any amount fluid.

15- 25 grams general dosage range (unless you are an AutoTripper)

Best method IME is 4 mins blended with sunflower lecithin.

I did initially freeze and reuse the makas.

Not any longer.

But a trick, which IMO returns equal buck.

I strain all I can, that tight squeezing at the end is a knead too, so prob enables more activity.

I often blend 70 to 100 grams.

I put the strainer bag aside, I always tie it at top before straining.

Then, next day or later, put into a kilner jar, nearly hot water, shake lots.

It's a 2nd wash that beats frozen makas and mongrel grog, you get so much extra out, even a 3rd wash less water thick, muddy active kava.

Lazily lately, I am just weighing 60 gr into a strainer bag, tieing, into kilner jar with water and shake.

2 washes minimum, sometimes 3.

It's the identical principle to the Aluball, but way more potent, much bigger surface area, and not restricted to 15-18 grams per Aluball.

Plus, Kavafied really are fucking gits IMO.

Their Alubottles, so fancy looking,

Made for giants, or World's Strongest man.

My mum cannot work the Aluball lid at all, or fit her hands around it to shake.

I struggle with it, gave up.

Kavafied originally made a different Alubottle. It was perfect, easy to open, close, hold, shake, pour from, fun to use.

But they needed to make the Porsche look sexier ofc.

Most kava industry is borne from a passion for kava, largely selfless.

Kavafied, are cheeky profiteers.

I don't like those guys. Their kava though, is actually pretty good!

You won't find much more palatable kava than their Kava Tonga.

Tongan kava and Fiji too, easist on taste buds.

Vanuatan is ghastly depending on cultivar.

Kavatime are the best though.

And Koro Islands, from Artofkava is king stuff. All of theirs.

i love to combine it w amanita muscaria. it raises the efficacy of muscimol signficantly. in fact, it's a good potentiator in general
Kava greatly potentiates LSD too. And I consider, prevents LSD tolerance acquisition.

2nd post down.

A 50 gr bag though, is either just a sample (I am trying real hard to use under 75 gr a day, of "noble" root.

Or you have instant kava. Which needs no prep, just mixing with water or liquid, any amount fluid.

15- 25 grams general dosage range (unless you are an AutoTripper)

Well it's a very fine powder! It doesn't say anything on the packaging whether it's instant or not. Would it hurt to drink the powder? Can I experiment by mixing in water say 10grams? I'm pretty sure it's not an extract.

Well it's a very fine powder! It doesn't say anything on the packaging whether it's instant or not. Would it hurt to drink the powder? Can I experiment by mixing in water say 10grams? I'm pretty sure it's not an extract.
If it is noble kava, don't ever drink it unfiltered properly.

75 micron strainer minimum really, 100 is fine too.

But even a 50 micron nutmilk bag, lets too much pass through.

It won't kill you, but those roit fibers are indigestible, irritant to the gut, not healthy for you.

It is plain malpractise to misuse, i.e. use straight, noble kava.

Check the site maybe for any product description?

Can you call the vendor and ask?

But if it's noble then you really need to filter it.

And yes, extracts are different to Instanf, Noble and Micronized.

You may have instanf, but you need to be sure.

Once when it was legal after I did an preparation of it, following the directions on the leaflet. This was with almost bright white roots. Used Milk, Lecitin and filtered through a cloth.

The only effect I got was numbing of the mouth, but no psychological effect's to mention. same with the cap's a top brand sold. Numbing and maybe some relaxing when taken at 4 times the dose.