• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants just how bad is meth?

Don't use it .

Use it once if you want to see why the hype is about . But after that neve again .

As people said it kills neurons .
Puts strain on your body
and try to get medical amps like dexdrine or adderall as they are uncut and usually pretty pure .

When I was using heroin, it was better than any fad-diet you could imagine. Just do a line of H whenever you felt down and watch those pounds melt away!

People would constantly complement female friends of mine who were losing weight really quickly because coke and H became more common than food for them. And of course you feel so good you're not going to get hungry (and if you do, a cracker or half a slice of toast would hold you wonderfully).

Only time i can eat is when i'm on H.. or if i smoke enough weed but i usually lose weight whenever i stop using

eating it is the best and longest high imo but I snort it to. Meth is bad for you and it will in the long run stop your brain from producing dopamine.

I know its not hard to spot a probable meth addict, it can take a toll on your appearance. I remember when I was a teen and on probation I would sometimes see people in the waiting room their, girls who had sores on their faces and looked like they hadnt showered or brushed their hair in a month, or sometimes young people who had horrible rotting teeth.

Also just knowing what meth comes from makes me want to stay away from it. Its far from opiates that come from the poppy plant or cocaine that comes from the coca plant. Its the one drug I have not and wont ever try.

Can you enlighten me where meth comes from? I though, from a plant, namely ephedra sinica, by modifying Ephedrine, an alkaloid of the PLANT.
Just have to tweak it a bit, add a bit of this, mix a bit of that, heat it somewhere in between... (obviously not the recipe but it starts from plant alkaloids)
Much like your opiates from your Papaver somniferum (opium poppy) . Same logic for the cocaine. Unless your talking about consuming unprocessed opium.
Did you think the devil just cried and the dried tear shards were meth crystals? Or what?

While I do not believe any substance can be good or bad in and of itself, I will say that meth may be the exception to the rule. The high (especially when injected) is impossibly good, transcendent even and the crash is agonizing, leading to a uniquely immediate compulsion to redose and establish a cycle of addiction. Really, its just too damn good.

then why didn't you type that. the amount of abrivations going around for lazy fuckwits does my head in

Urban dictionary.com. I could see you not knowing nbd js but, if you've spent any time in OD you'd know UTFSE.

Can you enlighten me where meth comes from? I though, from a plant, namely ephedra sinica, by modifying Ephedrine, an alkaloid of the PLANT.
Methamphetamine hcl is not something found endogenously in any plant. Cocaine can be extracted from the coca plant, and morphine and codeine can be extracted from the poppy.

Meth has to be synthesized. Like morphine has to get two acetyl groups to become diacetylmorphine (heroin).

I know for a fact that d,l-amp can be damaging to the brain (I've met people who ruined their brain over it), so I'm sure meth can be just as damaging - especially in people who abuse the hell out of it.

Sorry this is kind of off topic, but CH can you elaborate d,l-amp effects on permanent brain damage? Like doses/frequency the people you knew used, how they were effected etc...

thanks.

Sorry this is kind of off topic, but CH can you elaborate d,l-amp effects on permanent brain damage? Like doses/frequency the people you knew used, how they were effected etc...

thanks.

You would have to use d,l-amp like you would crack - all the time every day you can get your hands on it.

If you take hundreds of milligrams of Adderall, to the point where you're psychologically dependent on it and you keep up the cycle for years (doctor shopping, saying I lost my script when they took all the pills themselves, taking other people's prescriptions when they ran out, etc) you will have very poor motivation, you'll have problems with your emotions, your mood/affect, your motivation, attention span, ability to speak fluently, the ability to listen and comprehend others, essentially it can cause you to have ADHD much worse than you were before you started abusing Adderall.

However, if you use Adderall as prescribed (and you keep your dose at 30 to 60mg per day at the very most) I doubt you have serious brain damage.

If you binge on Adderall, and acquire more after your script is gone, things can get bad though. Just like a meth addiction IMO.

Just how bad is meth?
well imagine, your brain being fryed on a frying pan and then put on a plate and smashed by the frying pan. now for the body, lets say you were 100lbs. then you got liposuction and 80 lbs. was gone from the liposuction. on the lungs as bad as just smoking an oxy 80, on you, you sweat like you just ran a marathon and your heart is like a race horse and 3 bad hits of a needle will give you a arm of red zits that will scar.
Does that answer your question?

meth causes dry mouth rot, IE you dont produce normal amounts of saliva and shit which gives bacteria an opprutunity to cause rot nothing to do with brushing after or before smoking the stupid shit... Meth is a waste of time unless you do it to stay awake.

o and using 0 times a month is the safest.

Go to a doctor, take a test, get a prescription. If you look healthy and have good bullshit you should find a doctor that will prescribe adderall with ease (as in 1 of 3 you visit). If you are a jackass then most likely you wont get any. From the Cap'nJ post i can assume that is probably your problem...

I'd say other than "huffing" paint and keyboard cleaner and freon and whatever other chemical, meth does the most damage to your brain than anything else (besides huffing)

I'd say other than "huffing" paint and keyboard cleaner and freon and whatever other chemical, meth does the most damage to your brain than anything else (besides huffing)

I would say you're right with one exception: I think alcohol does more brain damage than meth.

Meth may do the most damage of the illegal drugs, that is fair to say. It's hard to qualitatively compare it.

But a long term alcoholic's brain is mush from what I can tell. :\ (This kind of a person can outdrink most normal people, no matter how much you can drink recreationally).

How bad is meth really?

So I bought a gram and it's lasted me about a month... I never took it to get "high"... I just used it [intranasally] when I was dragging ass at work or when I needed the appetite suppression... so I always used the smallest amount possible to achieve those effects.

Well I'm out now and while I did find it useful... it's not something I NEED or anything... so before I decide whether or not to buy more, I'm wondering how bad the effects are with use described above.

Thanks.

Methamphetamine is a prescribed drug in the us. As long as your dosing below 10mg I wouldn't worry too much about long term damage. How are you taking it?

I think at the rate you're going at it you should be fine. However, you have to think about it logically.

If it's pure meth, that's about 33mg per day. If it's cut to 1/3 purity, then you would be using about 11mg per day. If it's below 1/3 purity, then you are probably using small doses.

I'll say it this way: most people couldn't make a gram of meth last them a month, so you have some self restraint about you. Good job. If you are to buy more, make sure you are using it as you have been - as little as is needed to get the job done.

Take a few days off if you can, just to let tolerance drop down so as to preserve its efficacy.

Just be careful, and don't let yourself give into abusing it. Good luck!

Having said that. Using meth at work or for appetite suppression is a little silly as there are much safer alternatives. Have you tried green or white tea or even ephedrine?

It#s already been proven that meth causes brain damage. On the other hand it still hasn't been proven that MDMA causes irreversible damage to the brain.