Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Just had my DMT lab tested

ElBloggy

Greenlighter
Hi guys

I’ve just had my DMT tested and it has come back with a minor called AMT; meaning the majority of the sample is DMT but a part of it is AMT.

I’ve looked up what is AMT and it seems like a pharmaceutical, just wondering if it is naturally occurring in DMT, then extracted for other uses?

Bit bummed out tbh as my two breakthroughs have been crazy good.

Any advice, or know of AMT?

Thanks guys

AMT isn't a pharmaceutical, it's a very long-lasting empathogenic psychedelic. It was used briefly in low doses as an antidepressant a long time ago, but it has much more widespread use as an RC psychedelic. In fact it has been use recreationally since the 60s, it was used famously by the Merry Pranksters. It's a very nice drug, but very different from DMT. It's actually quite... odd... that AMT would be a contaminant in your DMT. It is a synthetic substance, and does not naturally occur anywhere. I've never once heard of that. So much so that I would even suspect possible lab error.

Hi guys

I’ve just had my DMT tested and it has come back with a minor called AMT; meaning the majority of the sample is DMT but a part of it is AMT.

I’ve looked up what is AMT and it seems like a pharmaceutical, just wondering if it is naturally occurring in DMT, then extracted for other uses?

Bit bummed out tbh as my two breakthroughs have been crazy good.

Any advice, or know of AMT?

Thanks guys
Why test it? I assume it is N,N & you can tell that stuff by the smell & taste when you smoke it.

Thanks for your help guys

I bought it as Jungle Spice and weirdly it doesn’t last long like AMT is said to last. Longest probably 25 mins if that, and feel very back to normal reasonably quickly.

A breakthrough high on the Jungle spice I have is very body heavy, in fact my body just submits 😂.

Only concern is if this does have AMT in it, would it be dangerous to use with DMT?

I bought it as Jungle Spice and weirdly it doesn’t last long like AMT is said to last. Longest probably 25 mins if that, and feel very back to normal reasonably quickly.

A breakthrough high on the Jungle spice I have is very body heavy, in fact my body just submits 😂.

Only concern is if this does have AMT in it, would it be dangerous to use with DMT?

Even more interesting.. Jungle very likely has higher levels of NMT in it along with other alkaloids some of which are unknown.

I don’t have much experience with it despite having some. But heavy body load is one comment often heard in relation.

-GC

Is the able able to tell what percentage is AMT? Also, have you already tried THIS particular DMT? If there is a percentage of AMT that is enough to actually do anything, you would definitely have known because it lasts 12+ hours and feels rolly sort of like MDMA but different

No, not dangerous to use with DMT.

My guess would be either lab error, or whoever sold you the DMT also had AMT and the AMT touched it and left residue. Considering it only lasts a normal amount of time.

No, not dangerous to use with DMT.

My guess would be either lab error, or whoever sold you the DMT also had AMT and the AMT touched it and left residue. Considering it only lasts a normal amount of time.
Given how both drugs are niche psychedelics(albeit DMT is more mainstream now) I think this is probably the most likely answer here. The chances someone selling DMT also has some weird shit like AMT isn't exactly zero.

Is the able able to tell what percentage is AMT? Also, have you already tried THIS particular DMT? If there is a percentage of AMT that is enough to actually do anything, you would definitely have known because it lasts 12+ hours and feels rolly sort of like MDMA but different

has the same mass, so maybe yes.

op can you share the exact method of analysis the lab did?

Thanks everyone.

The testing service only gives major and minor amounts and does not test for inactive cuts.
To qualify as minor the % is 1-10%, major is 10% and above.

Just glad to know it’s safe but could be incorrect test result too

Thanks everyone.

The testing service only gives major and minor amounts and does not test for inactive cuts.
To qualify as minor the % is 1-10%, major is 10% and above.

Just glad to know it’s safe but could be incorrect test result too
Do you mind sharing which testing service you used?

My guess is it is NMT. Depending on the type of analysis, i could see them confusing NMT for AMT as they are structural isomers.

I have dosed aMT in combo with DMT on purpose.
If you sober up normally after using this batch of DMT, you probably have a very low amount of aMT in it.

Anyways, I used 15mg of aMT ingested orally and then smoked 60mg of DMT, which lasted about twice as much as it normally would without the aMT.
I think this was because aMT as mild MAOI properties.
The effects of DMT were not significantly altered by the combo, at least IME.

Wel tbh I haven’t smoked in over two years now. It’s still in a baggy so I’m not sure if it’s lost its potency. Still smells the same but maybe it’s gone off..? Does gone off DMT mean bad trip I wonder…😂

Wel tbh I haven’t smoked in over two years now. It’s still in a baggy so I’m not sure if it’s lost its potency. Still smells the same but maybe it’s gone off..? Does gone off DMT mean bad trip I wonder…😂

DMT does degrade but remains psychoactive despite doing so, some report increased potency while others decreased. There is also reports of rougher trips with aged DMT. I don’t allow my to age much so can’t tell ya, I keep mine in the freezer.

Glad to hear I wasn’t spitballing on the NMT/aMT idea, it seemed right given how close they are structurally.

-GC