• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Just found a health risks with lightbulb vapes

releasing fumes only happens when the Vaporization point of the polymer is met. thats what fumes are, plastic that has increased its energy level to become a gas.
if the plastic is heated to become malleable but not vaporize how are fumes released? sounds like bullshit to me.
do you have some sources or is it just your ass?

anyways its fucking dumb to put 2 straws in the vape, when just a vent hole and a mouth peice straw would work just fine. just seems like more chance for meltage and fumage.

completely agree with the two straws.

not being a smart ass (serious), can i see a source?

but the glure around the incode of the metal piece will

can the glue inside the metal piece even heat up that much?

releasing fumes only happens when the Vaporization point of the polymer is met. thats what fumes are, plastic that has increased its energy level to become a gas.
if the plastic is heated to become malleable but not vaporize how are fumes released? sounds like bullshit to me.
do you have some sources or is it just your ass?

anyways its fucking dumb to put 2 straws in the vape, when just a vent hole and a mouth peice straw would work just fine. just seems like more chance for meltage and fumage.

I probably can't find an online source thats completely trustable in the next 2 minutes so I'll just do the lazy thing and explain that I just made an assumption based on large amounts of personal experience and a basic knowledge of chemistry,

fumes are just excited atoms which have broken off of the main mass, ussually the atoms are excited at a constant rate but some are going to excite faster (mainly due to the different chemicals involved having different boiling points) and therefore fly off before the rest of the mass has achieved enough energy, just look through your high school chem textbook,

also I'd prefer that some stuck up prick not tell me I'm talking out of my ass just because he disagrees with me, thanks

fumes are just excited atoms which have broken off of the main mass, ussually the atoms are excited at a constant rate but some are going to excite faster (mainly due to the different chemicals involved having different boiling points) and therefore fly off before the rest of the mass has achieved enough energy, just look through your high school chem textbook,

also I'd prefer that some stuck up prick not tell me I'm talking out of my ass just because he disagrees with me, thanks

exactly my point if the plastic is just becoming soft the atoms may not be getting enough energy to liberate themselves.
some light shed on the topic

1There are two classes of polymers: thermoplastic and thermosetting.
The former will soften when heated; the latter will never soften, just
decompose, when heated. Bakelite is an example of the latter.

2. Some polymers produce toxic gases when heated. For example, vinyl
chloride produces HCl gas when heated.

3. Plastics are not pure materials; they are formulated products. Some
of the chemicals used to give the plastics their desired mechanical and
physical properties also form toxic vapors when heated. An example are the
common phthalate plasticizers.

4. Some polymers "unzip" when heated evolving monomer vapors. Acrylates
polymers are notorious for this. Acrylate monomers are toxic.

and im not some stuck up prick i'm just calling bullshit when i think i see it. i was asking you if you were talking out your ass not telling, big fucking diffrence.
just so you know
"
just do the lazy thing and explain that I just made an assumption based on large amounts of personal experience and a basic knowledge of chemistry,"

is a fancy way to say your basically pulling it out of your ass.
because it cant be disproved, while it may be logical it is not definite in any way.
Also Don't get so fucking defensive as i see the logic in what you are saying. Neither one of us really knows we are just speculating. like its fucking pointless remember?:!

so plastic may or may not release fumes upon melting depending on the plastic- this means either of us could be right at any given time. so why don't you just chill out with the name calling....fucking dick..

exactly^, sorry if I don't take offense at what could easily become an idiotic shitslinging debate,

but if you want people too realize that you are in the right you should follow your own advice and CITE YOUR OWN SOURCES

caus' right now you sound just as lazy and full of crap as i do

other then giving my friends who used to smoke crystal strange frightened looks these things are legit....instead of a bic pen i use a length of solid brake line as the stem...and for the bulb part i break the glass free of the screw part of the bulb and tape it str8 to the plastic top. i chill out with the thing if the duct tape starts getting soft. I have one of these for crystals another for vapors and a third which i smoke J's in.. i recomend smoking joints in one of these...a quarter of the way into the joint and you are taking some big rips...vaporizing weed in these does make your lungs burn more then a pipe for some reason though

other then giving my friends who used to smoke crystal strange frightened looks these things are legit....instead of a bic pen i use a length of solid brake line as the stem...and for the bulb part i break the glass free of the screw part of the bulb and tape it str8 to the plastic top. i chill out with the thing if the duct tape starts getting soft. I have one of these for crystals another for vapors and a third which i smoke J's in.. i recomend smoking joints in one of these...a quarter of the way into the joint and you are taking some big rips...vaporizing weed in these does make your lungs burn more then a pipe for some reason though

u smoke joints in it? like..u roll a joint - and throw it in there? wtf?

I have one of these for crystals another for vapors and a third which i smoke J's in.. i recomend smoking joints in one of these...a quarter of the way into the joint and you are taking some big rips...h

Could someone (ANYONE!) please explain how to smoke a joint in a lightbulb vape? I just don't understand and I want to understand!

Pictures, illustrations... something. Plz help

Make sure you clean out your bulb with hot NaCl solution (stronger than NS), or choose a clear bulb.

Im just looking for some answers, after using my lightbulb vape without any odd feelings i discovered a post about someone getting lumps in his throat from it. After reading i had a panic attack for the first time. I have been having minor ones since so im looking for some reensurence that its in my head that im npt ok. I have been to a doctor and they said its panic attacks but im constantly woundering when im eating if my thoat is swelling please help. I plan on getting my thtoat checked within a day or two but i would not risk it guys, its to good to be true.

Im just looking for some answers, after using my lightbulb vape without any odd feelings i discovered a post about someone getting lumps in his throat from it. After reading i had a panic attack for the first time. I have been having minor ones since so im looking for some reensurence that its in my head that im npt ok. I have been to a doctor and they said its panic attacks but im constantly woundering when im eating if my thoat is swelling please help. I plan on getting my thtoat checked within a day or two but i would not risk it guys, its to good to be true.

you're ok, don't worry.

Idk, I wouldn't be surprised if it was hard on your lungs since they coat the inside with some kind of chemical.

yup they sure are. idk, i prefer a bulb and a joint over a pop can any day :)

^^ haha no i didnt mean combining the two - i have no idea how you would do that. i meant one right after another.