• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Just Alcohol, Probably Lame

at 180 lbs i still get hit harder by drugs than everybody else. Alcohol is the one thing i can metabolize quickly once i stopped.

I always drink glasses of water between so many drinks to lessen or remove a hangover the next day. Two huge glasses of water before sleeping with a little bit of food if you can stomach it are a saving grace.

Though i always smoked weed while drunk aswell so i never really got bad hangovers during my twenties but as you get older they do get alot worse so i don't really drink anymore unless im meeting up with old friends. I tried ketamine for the first time today and really found that for myself it was kind of like a clear headed 1 hour drunkenness at a low dose.

I found that in addition to just plain water it's much better to drink some coconut water along with it because of the electrolytes.

5:21 Well that fun was short lived. Just got done throwing up, luckily I had the foresight to put a bucket by my bed.

Ugh, and I have someone coming over around 3 tomorrow. Really wish everyone would leave me alone tomorrow but at least I think she would understand. We've been talking about my struggles with mental health issues and how she's had some too and overall I feel like she would be at least somewhat understanding. But I still don't want any to know I've been drinking myself sick.

So I'll told my friend who was coming over, she was super understanding thank goodness. Actually turns out she had a few herself last night, which I suspected when we were talking on the phone before I started drinking. That's a big relief but I still feel like death today. Sick to my stomach and dizzy in a bad way, don't know when I'll be able to get out of bed, just rolling over just now was a major accomplishment. 🤢🤮😰

Good, honest reporting.

Just because people have the tendency to push things with drugs here does not mean that a report on a well-paced alcohol experience is not needed. They are likely rarer and therefore needed in our database.

My only critique is TR generally does not accept play-by-play reporting. They want it to read more or less like an essay.

I smiled at the joy-to-elation-to-regret of the alcohol user vibe. I have had a few glasses of gin tonight, so empathize with you.

Cheers!

Alcohol is kind of idiosyncratic. I for one have to keep drinking to stay buzzed, but I'm a fast metabolizer

Next time, take a good Thiamine plus B vitamin supplement before and after drinking. Drink Gatorade or similar between drinks. Also have a Gatorade available and more vitamins in the morning. Before bed, take some aspirin, even if you don't have a headache (yet! Lol).
My worst hangover symptom after a few glasses of wine is usually tiredness and feeling down. What goes up must come down 😉 Sleep it off if you can and a couple of benzos don't hurt, either.
Sounds like you fun 😁

Try some Gary Stewart songs. He was always my favorite when i was drinking. Some of his music might make you sad. But its really good drinking music in my opinion.

Hell yeah, Gary Stewart's a genuine honky-tonk legend who has hasn't gotten the recognition he deserves. He was also a legendary as a top-notch drug+alcohol enthusiast, in his songs and his life (which ended way too soon -- RIP), so it's nice to see him mentioned here in particular.

I'm glad y'all enjoyed this even though it's pretty tame compared to most of the stuff here. It's the kind of thing I would find interesting to read myself, though I haven't seen many play-by-play alcohol experience stories. Anyone know where I can find some?

You could probably find something on Erowid if you look for alcohol reports.

I'm going to go back and merge a bunch of your consecutive posts together so it forms one complete story. :)

Actually you know what, I won't.... I think it's more interesting this way. In general though we discourage this sort of thing in Trip Reports just because it tends to lead to unfinished and sub-par trip reports.

You could probably find something on Erowid if you look for alcohol reports.

I'm going to go back and merge a bunch of your consecutive posts together so it forms one complete story. :)

Actually you know what, I won't.... I think it's more interesting this way. In general though we discourage this sort of thing in Trip Reports just because it tends to lead to unfinished and sub-par trip reports.

You can merge the posts if you want to. :) I like real time trip reports because I always wonder how much is lost to memory when they are written after the fact.

I'll leave it mostly because of how the replies of others were part of it.

The equal water-alcohol ratio usually helps to avoid feeling sick on the comedown. And having something to eat helps as well. I was a quite heavy drinker during my teenage years and I avoided hangovers by having at least 2 glasses of water and a couple slices of bread before going to bed. Oh and buzz is for sure one of the greatest club drugs ;) I had some memorable trance nights just drinking wine by myself while all my friends were rolling. Fun times indeed.