View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Just a quick question on the "Counter-flip"

PotatoMan

Bluelight Crew
That name is catchy af man. Robitussin + Benadryl.

I've done it before with some menthol dxm syrup and 200mg DPH. It was mediocre cuz I vomited ma gutz up(first time puking on DXM). The thumbnail on the netflix screen, like the people in it were like talking to me. That and imagining flying through landscapes is all I enjoyed.

Sigh TL is ruining my post grammar.

Anyway Idk how much DXM I took but I attempted 2 bottle and prob got down ~1.5 bottles. So I'm thinking around 300mg but I vomited within the hour of the come-up and vomited the syrup so it may have removed some of the un-absorbed pills and syrup.

My friend got some gel caps robo(not available here) and we're gonna trip this weekend. I've done ~300mg DXM enough and would like to explore this counter-flip more cuz the DXM+DPH combo is supposed to synergize really well. I didn't experience anything negative from the DPH. And I've done it in a high dose before and I fucking hated it.

So Ima take 300mg DXM and 300mg DPH.

My question is, I hate the feeling of being on DPH and I know DXM in gels can take up to 2 hours to kick so I'm wondering how I should time this. DPH has always hit me within an hour fully even at 25mg and I hated the feeling.

I wanna avoid feeling the DPH so that it kicks with the DXM. I read DPH is 2hrs to peak. DXM in gels is about 2hrs as well IME.

I will do the WGFJ regime and smoke weed on it and such and have an empty stomach. I also read the DPH messes around with a liver enzyme that iirc is responsible for the DXM-->DXO conversion.

I read reports where people took them together and they didn't mention anything bout the DPH hitting first or anything. I'm just skeptical cuz the gel form of DXM takes an extra hour on top of the usual 45-1hr to kick.

What is a good timing for the maximum experience?

Or am I overthinking it and should just take it all together?

last attempt at counter-flipping I took the DPH before and didn't experience any negatives but I had syrup that time and that kicks quicker than the DPH so I was good.

Thanks

A lot of people are going to attack you for asking that, mostly because of the DPH and the lack of reading the last sentence. If I were you (i wouldnt do it but thats not conducive to true advise.) I would at least try to get an extract of cough syrup or even cough syrup with just dxm gel caps always hurt my stomach. I would also do dxm before the dph, I can not tell you why i but I think that will go smoother.

However, I still think you are thinking too much about it. You are talking about relative differences and though they will impact the experience, especially in the very beginning, I dont think it will change the result too much. Please be careful people die doing this please make sure you have *substance* only containing things as both are hard on the body you do not need your liver processing added crap. Good advise would be to advise against it.

Yeah ofc Im fully aware. Though this combination is not as dangerous as you are perceiving it. The dangerous zones for each drug is 2g+ DXM and 1g+ DPH.

I also know how toxic AHs are. Im just asking if there's a right timing to dose so that I don't wind up restless n shit from the DPH.

This combo is clearly not as known as I thought it was.

Gel caps are quite fine with my stomach. I've consumed 100 of in my life (3 trips) and never encountered any problems with my stomach other than some soft stool. The syrup has never made me nauseated neither. Only that one time with the menthol syrup. I usually slam a bottle of Robo.

I have DXM only gels and DPH only pills. My liver and kidneys will deal with the inactives quite fine I'm sure.

I'm a little confused on you mentioning people dying from it? You have something I can read on about that? Cuz afaik the combo is safe.

Solipsis? Xorkoth? I need 1 of you guys' intelligence.

i think that there are safer and more pleasant legal psychoactives. syrian rue is easily grown and widely available. you could consider experimenting with this instead. the seeds are available at Indian and Chinese grocery shops. i am uncertain if the seeds are edible from those shops.
250px-Syrian_Rue_Seeds.jpg

moderate doses are semi-psychedelic and the duration is shorter than diphenhydramine. syrian rue does require abstinence from certain foods and drugs. DON'T COMBINE SYRIAN RUE WITH DEXTROMETHORPAHN AND/OR DIPHENHYDRAMINE. there is more information on syrian rue in TiHKAL and here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Peganum_harmala

Last edited:
If you're going to do it, I'd say take the DXM first and then the DPH maybe when you're feeling the DXM or something. I don't have a lot of experience with DXM and I've never taken DPH (at any dose for any reason) so I don't really know. It sounds like you're going to do it, I too would advise against it, it doesn't sound like it would add anything positive to the DXM experience, what if you just took a higher dose of DXM? But if you're going to do it, I'm glad you're sticking to 300mg of each. I'd maybe even try a little less DPH, 250 or even 200mg. Since you've never combined them before.

If you're going to do it, I'd say take the DXM first and then the DPH maybe when you're feeling the DXM or something. I don't have a lot of experience with DXM and I've never taken DPH (at any dose for any reason) so I don't really know. It sounds like you're going to do it, I too would advise against it, it doesn't sound like it would add anything positive to the DXM experience, what if you just took a higher dose of DXM? But if you're going to do it, I'm glad you're sticking to 300mg of each. I'd maybe even try a little less DPH, 250 or even 200mg. Since you've never combined them before.

The combo synergizes well. Read the psychonaut wiki link I posted. It makes the unbearable side-effects of each drug negated. For e.g, DPH's RLS, confusion and horrible body load is negated but DXM's euphoria and the nausea from DXM is negated by the DPH. Also since DPH creates very realistic hallucinations, for a person to feel pleasant on DPH is a damn good thing because the delusions will be more pleasant because of the DXM. I've also done the combo before Xork, I just used menthol syrup and puked.

The 300/300mg dose is common in the combo and can be done safely.

I wouldn't take a higher dose of dxm because under the circumstances I cannot. There's only 4 bottles 1 for each of us and I will most definitely not be chugging a bottle of Robo to top the mg count. I've done DXM in high doses via 2 bottles of gels and it holed me and since I'll be tripping with friends I rather this not occur. Cuz the 300mg doses already have us silent in our own zones.

They don't sell DXM gels in my country. Only DXM only product has menthol in it which I can never drink again. The robitussin with guaf is the only thing I can tolerate and I've never drank more than one at a time.

I've done DXM around this dose enough and I wanna explore the DPH's pleasant delirium. You guys should look into the combo.

I may take a little less of the DPH as I've read it can over-power the DXM but not in a bad way. The anticholinergic effects from DPH can be a little annoying and it's why I asked if there would be a good timing since the DXM will take longer than the DPH to kick in.

I'll just create my own dosing timing and see how it goes. Thanks for the help guys.

well isn't there better alternatives? micelf i got some 4 sub tryptamines easily through the postal service....they are mega fun.....and cheap

Na man. I dont fux with RC's too much. If that's what you're referring to. I'm only interested in the Classical Hallucinogens i.e. Ketamine, LSD, DMT, Shrooms, Mescaline, DXM(not so classic but been around). The only RC I was considering doing was 4-HO-MET as it is a analogue of mushies and I haven't done it yet though my friend actually has a 0.5g in his room but he's in Canada.

I'd do some of the 2c-x compounds possibly but meh.

4 HO MET is exactly what I'm talking about....you can't wait till he comes home?

and BTW 2-CB and 2-CE are AWSOME....worlds ahead of DXM.....ive done em all, and while i do like DXM, i can't see throwing a delirant in the mix as a positive

He has it in his room here. Where I'm from. He may tell his dad I needa get something so I cud get the pills. Idk, I aint gonna force it. I'll let it come to me

Has anyone heard of vaping pure DXM freebase? i've heard of a trip report on erowid where a guy smoked a blunt with the blunt paper dipped in cough syrup; but i like my idea better: vaporization/smoking.

also does anyone know how safe it is to order select RC's or tryptamines through the postal service? i don't want to get into any trouble personally: i'm more of a low radar tripper but i still want to try some. what substances are legal? preferably the safer one's such as 2c compounds or MXE (idk if any of those are legal where i'm at; i live in missouri if that helps)

don't hijack ma thread bruh.

search up what's lega where you're from and then the laws on dangerous drugs and them coming form other countries. The 2c-x drugs were scheduled the other day. i believe most other RC's are legal. I've never ordered them online.

I've smoked codeine dipped weed and it was pointless. Just makes the shit burn slower. Also very bad for the lungs. DXM freebase? Idk.

The 2C-Xs have been illegal in American for some time now, all of them. The only 4-sub-T that's illegal remains 4-HO-DMT, also AMT, 5-MeO-AMT... maybe DPT? I can't remember.