• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Jumped off a 3 story balcony on acid & have no memory of what happened

200 mics is a strong dose of LSD, and different people respond to it in different ways. I know two people who have had dissociative forgot-where-they-were trips on less than 150 mcg. Especially considering OP's state of mind, this scenario is not terribly surprising. That's why it's wise to always start low and titrate up.

If you think 200 mcg is not a high dose, the LSD you've been taking might not be as strong as you think!

For myself I found that I need a dose of 400-500ug of LSD to really trip as in a full psychedelic LSD experience with ego death. More moderate, or lower doses of LSD were nice but more recreational for me as they did not cause ego death to occur.

But I haven't taken any psychedelics in decades. When I first started taking LSD as a teenager decades ago, it was dosed very high in a single dose in windowpane form. Now I do not use anything.

Hey guys, it's been nearly 4 days since the accident. The ribs and sacrum are healing nicely, I've even been able to walk lately (albeit very slowly and with a walker).

Unfortunately, my right lung ended up collapsing a bit further, so they had to stick a tube through my chest and into the lung in order to expand it. This has pretty much doubled the length of my hospital stay. With luck, I should get out this evening.

Honestly though, the worst part of all of this has been my mental/emotional/spiritual state. I've felt dead inside ever since the accident. It feels as if I've mentally aged a decade overnight; all of the 'life force' has been sucked from me and I have no desire to continue living. I felt a bit like this before the accident, but now it's been exacerbated to an entirely new extreme. Hopefully my mental state will improve as my physical body heals.

Once again, thanks to everyone for all of the support. In a few days I should be able to review the police report of the event, which should shed some new light on what was going through my mind at the time.

I am glad you are feeling better physically. It will take time to heal physically and mentally. Do not be afraid to talk to anyone including a psychologist/psychiatrist, counselors, friends, and family.

You can also post here on BL in the various forums like the dark side, this one, etc. Good luck.

Yeah The Dark Side forum (another Bluelight forum, in the Recovery section) is a wonderful place for support, with lots of great, knowledgeable and loving people. Lots of people find good help there. PD (this forum) is great for that too but TDS specializes in it.

I got in a car accident last year, jumped an approach and rolled the damn thing 3+ times doing 130KM an hour, all I remember is sliding off the road then next thing I knew I was limping down a dirt road covered in blood screaming for help. I would say his memory loss is from head trauma.

I think you need to rename this thread "Fell from a third story balcony...." not "Jumped from a third story balcony..." since in your account I see no intention to off yourself at least at that moment.

I would go back and look at the railing on the balcony to see how high it is....if it was so high one would need to climb it in order to "jump" then you could deduce that you did indeed "jump", but I have seen railings low where a person could indeed fall over rather
easy. Just food for thought.....

Another way to put it is like this---if I drive a motorcycle drunk and get accidentally killed I don't call that suicide, I call that stupid, reckless or what have you, but not suicide.(subconcious death-wish though probably)

Last edited:
Honestly though, the worst part of all of this has been my mental/emotional/spiritual state. I've felt dead inside ever since the accident. It feels as if I've mentally aged a decade overnight; all of the 'life force' has been sucked from me and I have no desire to continue living. I felt a bit like this before the accident, but now it's been exacerbated to an entirely new extreme. Hopefully my mental state will improve as my physical body heals.

Aww dude I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling mentally/emotionally/spiritually down. I think you're feeling like you're life force is low, because you probably came really close to dying, and that force probably came pretty close to being snuffed out, so it will take some time to build back up. Remember that the body mind and spirit heal with time, take care of yourself and do everything you can to heal your body to the best of your ability, and the rest will follow. You will have brighter days ahead for sure!

I think you are so lucky you survived this and can tell the tale. It's good that you shared it too, because it's important for us trippers to remember that it's not all rainbows and sunshine, there are definite risks to using psychedelics. Maybe you've prevented someone else's misfortune by sharing your story.

Try to get some sunlight. It will decrease the melatonin, which causes depression. I actually feel great after holding my face toward the sun for 10-15 minutes around noon every day the sun is out. I just find a bench which faces the sun and lean my head back with my eyes closed, and also hold my arms so the sun gets on them, turning them over frequently to get both the bottoms and tops. I also move my face from side to side as well as straight toward the sun, to get it on the entire face and not too much on any one part. I get a nice skin tone, vitamin D is generated and I generally feel good. I really do it so my skin won't be pale as it normally is when I stay inside all the time, but I've found it seems to make me feel good too.

Also, hemp oil is good for keeping your EFAs in good balance, which is important for avoiding depression. Taking a good multivitamin/mineral supplement is also recommended, in addition to a generally healthy diet, fruits and vegetables and such. Avoiding hydrogenated vegetable oils is also important. You may be able to get over this depression thing by following these suggestions. Oh, and also exercise helps, though with your injuries that will of course be limited. If you don't exercise you'll feel like shit for sure. It doesn't take much either. Just a few basic exercises every other day will work wonders, along with the proper nutrition and sunlight.

Last edited:
The memory you lost from before the head injury will return as long term memory.

You can only know with time if the fall was something you did consciously.

Take this question literally:
Can you smile and feel good for a moment?

Aww dude I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling mentally/emotionally/spiritually down. I think you're feeling like you're life force is low, because you probably came really close to dying, and that force probably came pretty close to being snuffed out, so it will take some time to build back up. Remember that the body mind and spirit heal with time, take care of yourself and do everything you can to heal your body to the best of your ability, and the rest will follow. You will have brighter days ahead for sure!

I think you are so lucky you survived this and can tell the tale. It's good that you shared it too, because it's important for us trippers to remember that it's not all rainbows and sunshine, there are definite risks to using psychedelics. Maybe you've prevented someone else's misfortune by sharing your story.

^

It sucks man, but you're breathing. If you had landed the wrong way it would have been a bit (or a lot) more serious than a collapsed lung. Imagine aphasia (unable to form words into coherent structures) the rest of your life, but you think you're completely comprehensible! You would be sitting around going : "Moon, blue cup. Farm the basket!"

Shit could be a whole lot worse, and at 4 days I'm pretty sure you're out of the woods for rapid death (from a traumatic brain injury/brain swelling), so it's all downhill from here man.

I don't think there's anyone here who could experience that kind of stuff and take it in stride..... (well maybe one or two - no names ;) )