• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Jumped off a 3 story balcony on acid & have no memory of what happened

^ Yeah, I'm sure that is what the medical staff in the ER concluded at the end of their admission report.

Some people just can't handle their Sid. 200 mics and they're jumpin off the balcony.

...200ug is a big dose of LSD. IMO.

I have tried to kill myself during a mushroom blackout once, while under the impression my sleeping family were actually all dead in their beds (not usual occurrences on shrooms); mind you I was a teen at the time, only 3rd trip of my life and way too many mushrooms in the belly.

Another time, I punched a hole in a door and then nearly drove my car off the road to hurt my woman and buddy because I thought they were conspiring against me while we all had heads full of 2CB NBOME blotters. (Don't drive on Psychs, especially if you're mad).

Normally I enjoy psychedelic's but these times went very bad!
"So if it can happen to me then it can happen to you!"

Who knows, maybe the hits were unevenly dosed and he got a higher amount than expected, or maybe he had something else in his system that potentiated it. Seems weird to get that out-of-it on 200 mics. I guess it's a solid dose but still should have been controllable.

^ he said he left college due to suicidal thoughts and was socially isolated for 5 months, so i think thats enough to show some underlying mental instability

i had a psychotic break from like 125 mcg, so its not really about dosage, its about mental fortitude.

^ he said he left college due to suicidal thoughts and was socially isolated for 5 months, so i think thats enough to show some underlying mental instability

i had a psychotic break from like 125 mcg, so its not really about dosage, its about mental fortitude.

Oh yeah. To be that depressed he would have had to have some significant serotonin imbalance in his brain. LSD must have been enough to put things over the top into a psychotic break. Even though he said he was back to normal, he also said that the LSD got him back into the suicidal mode of thinking. It must also have reduced his ability to suppress the impulse. The balcony was there. The scene was set for an unfortunate incident. Thankfully he survived it. Hopefully this will snap him out of it and maybe he'll be back to normal permanently. Could go either way but let's hope it has a positive effect.

I left my university straight after high school after a psychotic break as well. I couldn't even finish the first semester. It's very embarrassing, I don't really like to talk about it. But yes, I can definitely relate. Using psychedelics after dropping out of college when I was already in such a bad mental state definitely exacerbated the problem. I have had PTSD since I was a young boy, and because of that I suffer from severe depression, bipolar disorder, panic attacks, etc. It has really ruined my life and has caused me to consciously make bad decisions based solely on fear and anxiety. This was a few years ago and I am doing much better, but using psychedelics when you were already in such a bad state could definitely have made the situation worse.

I know what it's like to have severe depression and suicidal thoughts due to a brain chemistry imbalance because it happened to me when I used melatonin sublingual tablets to help me sleep but I used them every night for a few months, and would even use them when I woke up in the middle of the night to get back to sleep. I would take two 3 mg tablets after the first while of only taking one. It totally messed me up. I acted weird at work and got myself fired, which made me even more depressed. I didn't know that they were a powerful hormone and that you're only supposed to use them infrequently in low doses and not for a long time regularly. After I read reports from people on forums that said it put them into a state of depression I realized that it was probably what was causing mine.

I stopped taking it and within about a week I returned to normal, except for a rebound effect where I was very anxious and hyper for a couple weeks after that. But during that time I experienced exactly what people with chronic major depression must experience. I was fatigued all the time and felt like I was in a dark fog of hopelessness. I was actually thinking of how I could kill myself. I had no other emotions than grimness. I was unable to have a sense of humor or feel any joy whatsoever. I had no interest in anything. I can see how people can kill themselves when they have clinical depression. Fortunately, mine was artificially induced and was cured by stopping the melatonin. I have sympathy for those who can't make it stop so easily.

Oh yeah. To be that depressed he would have had to have some significant serotonin imbalance in his brain. LSD must have been enough to put things over the top into a psychotic break. Even though he said he was back to normal, he also said that the LSD got him back into the suicidal mode of thinking. It must also have reduced his ability to suppress the impulse. The balcony was there. The scene was set for an unfortunate incident. Thankfully he survived it. Hopefully this will snap him out of it and maybe he'll be back to normal permanently. Could go either way but let's hope it has a positive effect.
Serotonin might be what knocks a shark out when laid on its back.

OP, are you sure you actually took LSD? 200ug is not a high or very high dose it's more moderate, and most actual LSD these days is not dosed that high in a single dose. Also, just because you bought it online and the person claimed it was LSD doesn't mean it actually was.

I hope you are OK and are getting help. Good luck.

Last edited:
This hits home. In 1987 my best friend fell of a 10th floor balcony in Mexico (no railing) and smacked the bejesus and life out of himself when he hit a concrete property dividing wall on the ground. He was on mushrooms, although the cause of him falling was continuing to walk while he turned his head back to talk to someone. That's probably why I've had an ungodly fear of heights since then.

OP; I hope things turn out better. Stick with the therapy, and if your current 'doctor' isn' doing it for you, seek another....assuming that $ is not a problem. And as others have said, hit the brakes on the drugs.

Tom

Guys, I don't think it's as simple as 'I thought I could fly.' Especially since I can still recall depressed/anxious thoughts surfacing at the beginning of the trip.

Also, I've been trying to find memory loss stories from acid trips, and I can't find anything...maybe my head slamming into the ground caused that?

Having gone through a TBI(traumatic brain injury) due to a bicycling accident(wasn't wearing a helmut, though now I always do) your description fits my experience exactly regarding the memory loss. I only remember turning on the street the accident happened on and then waking up in the hospital 3 or 4 hours later. I thought I was passed out the whole time due to no recollections....but the police report stated me talking with the paramedics before being taken to the hospital. I had a broken bone and remember very vaguely coming to in the ambulance then blanked out again...apparantly paramedics shot me up with something....
IMHO I do think your slamming your head caused this....I've heard of auto accident victims not remembering time for up to a week depending on the severity of accident. You are lucky believe me( I heard of ppl dieing falling down a few steps)....the acid may have played some part in the memory loss but I bet not much. If you were on alcohol, benzos or dissos then that would be a different story altogether. The memory loss is some way of the brain sparing us of trauma/pain I believe or maybe you were also given something in the ambulance?

PS. I guarantee you will never look at a balcony the same again.

Last edited:
Well it's a well-documented thing that sometimes when people receive head trauma that they lose memory. My best friend fell out of a tree (high enough to buzz the front of his hair on an electricity wire). He landed on his head on mushy apples and he doesn't even remember falling out of the tree, or walking home, or going to the hospital, or anything til the next day. He had a severe concussion.

I know we forget activity following a head injury but it sounds like your friend got knocked out by the electricity?

200ug is not a high or very high dose it's more moderate

200 mics is a strong dose of LSD, and different people respond to it in different ways. I know two people who have had dissociative forgot-where-they-were trips on less than 150 mcg. Especially considering OP's state of mind, this scenario is not terribly surprising. That's why it's wise to always start low and titrate up.

If you think 200 mcg is not a high dose, the LSD you've been taking might not be as strong as you think!

I've actually been seeing a therapist for these past five months, clearly that's been a waste of time though.
I honestly didn't feel depressed when I was going into the trip. Though now it's pretty obvious that instead of actually resolving any underlying issues, I just buried them deeper down over time.
Thanks for the reply, I definitely got lucky. I conveniently landed in a bush (directly beside a brick wall, actually...I was close to paralysis or death)

This experience DOES NOT mean that therapy was a waste of time... you weren't feeling depressed and felt better. Why you did this you do not remember.
You are lucky you hit a soft bush, or you could have hit concrete or been impaled on a much harder bush...

And if you feel lucky to have lived, you're not suicidal, and then therapy is working. Was your original ideation caused by drug use?

Who knows, maybe the hits were unevenly dosed and he got a higher amount than expected, or maybe he had something else in his system that potentiated it. Seems weird to get that out-of-it on 200 mics. I guess it's a solid dose but still should have been controllable.

All kinds of stuff could have happened.

Well it's a well-documented thing that sometimes when people receive head trauma that they lose memory. My best friend fell out of a tree (high enough to buzz the front of his hair on an electricity wire). He landed on his head on mushy apples and he doesn't even remember falling out of the tree, or walking home, or going to the hospital, or anything til the next day. He had a severe concussion.

Seen complete anterograde and retrograde amnesia from a concussion (10hrs later at a hospital):

Them: "What happened?"

I explained it.

(five minutes later)

I explained it.

(five minutes later)

I explained it.

(five minutes later)

Well you get the gist.

Yeah that's what happened with my friend too, he couldn't even keep anything in mind for more than a minute or so for a whole day. To this day (23 years later) he still doesn't remember falling or climbing the tree.

Yeah that's what happened with my friend too, he couldn't even keep anything in mind for more than a minute or so for a whole day. To this day (23 years later) he still doesn't remember falling or climbing the tree.

I don't remember if my friend remembers being towed behind a truck in a shopping cart :) Dunno why we didn't consider helmets?