• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

July Getting/Staying Sober Thread vs Birds of a Feather

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep waking up and forget to take my suboxone and once I take my 1.5mg I feel better... I want to lower it again, would It be a good idea to drop down to 1mg and take .5 in the am and .5 in the evening? I pretty much stopped going to my suboxone doctor but may go back... anyone have any suggestions here. I am almost temped to try and cold turkey it but I get my daughter on the 7th... would I still be in bad shape by then?

That is what I would do. I personally cannot say how you would be on the seventh, Sub sits in the system for quite some time. I'd guess at the very least you would still be "feeling off". Slow and low was my motto when getting off of Suboxone.

Had an amazing night, drove to a meeting about 40 minutes away with a bunch of recovering addicts. The meeting had some serious serious clean time there as well. Lots of people with a decade or more. I didn't say a peep (pretty rare for me), I just listened. Stopped for dinner on the way home. In the car was me (middle class white dude grad student), a former Latin King who is a dual American-Mexican citizen and a women who had a long time, relapsed and then ended up in and out of prison. We all have so much in common its amazing. I am not sure where else you would see such a diverse group coming together for such a great purpose.

Don't get me wrong, I love my friends in my hometown. But it is so nice to be able to have deep and emotional conversations with people. Its something I always desired and never had (occasionally a friend and I or two would get all drunk and or doped and coked up and admit a bunch of bullshit but its not the same).

I checked for a pulse and this ones dead.. NIce work everyone.. everyone who made a progress in there addiction and/or life.. a couple steps equal a mile/kil.. a few more equal freedom.. nice work everyone <3

o-FREEDOM-facebook.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.