• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

IV'ing psychedelics - mescaline, DOC...

so 50mg of DMT smoke felt like being stuck in a burning house

Yes, it is intense... but if you are a non-smoker, it is often in refining the smoking technique that can make it easier... also, through using a bong or freebase water bubbler, it is still hard, but often easier... the smoked method is pretty much universally deemed to be the clearest way to do DMT...

Julian.

I knew a guy who i.v.ed LSD he seemed to like it , or so he claimed, though I did note he never chose to repeat the experience!
Read into that what you will.

Bumb?

I find this thread very interesting.

Ever since I mentioned my ambitions above, I have not had the desire to take psychedelics, less inject them! Mostly because I went through massive depressive periods, but also because I feel that psychedelics do not have much more to teach me than they already did...

This year I have only tripped once on a small sublingual dose of LSD... (I don't know if I mentioned it or not, but LSD is unique since it seems to have equal time-frames for all methods of administration [I've tried it sublingual, oral, rectal and IV - and even nasal!]. Taking LSD rectally reduces the required dose by HALF, for me. IV, I'd say you only need a quarter of whatever dose you desire, but it really isn't worth the risk of IVing...)

Please share any new experiences.

I have iv'ed 2c-c and 2c-e, and neither experiance was good. I know, dumb for doing it twice. The time I iv'ed the 2c-e was one of the worst experiances of my life. It was up there with a car crash!! The effects, while intense, were absolutely miserable. I was violently ill for hours( projectile vomiting), and the pain at the injection site was unbearable. My temp was measured(shortly after injection) at 104 degrees. It was winter(I live in colorado) and I sat outside of my appartment for at least an hour to ease my raging body temperature. It was one of the few times I have honestly contemplated getting medical attention. My pulse( which is normally about 70bpm resting) was at 150-160 bpm, and my blood pressure was through the roof. I ended up taking a 2mg klonopin and a 2mg xanax, which eased the blood presure issue, but the pain at the injection site lasted for like a week, and I got a huge sore at the site, which ruptured and left a scar still visable today, almost 2 years later. Iv'ing 2c compounds is best left to the suicidal.

I can answer this definitively.

In one session of ask Doctor Shulgin he explored the metobolism of some DOx compound (cannot recall DOC DOI DOB but I believe it was DOC). It was taged with a radioactive particle and administered to volunteers. The movement of the drug was then tracked. The theory is that DOx compounds have such long onset times because they must first be metabolized in the lungs to thier active component. Shulgin believes this because of the high concentration in the lungs prior to onset, and the dissipation to the brain once effects begin coming on.

So my assumption would be that you would gain some activity due to higher bioavailabilty but onset time would only be ever so slightly quicker because it does not have to be digest as with an oral dosage. For the added risk I see no point in attempting this.

^^ DOB

(for some damned reason every time I try to edit this to capitalize all three letters it remains as is)

[edit: i fixed that for you] ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably a stupid question, but can you actually plug blotter or are you guys talking about rectal administration of LSD crystals/solution? It seems a little...weird :p

We're talking about IV'ing, not plugging. And not any psychedelic specifically, just, psychedelics in general. (and yes, reports suggest that you can shove a blotter up there and it works just fine. ;))

Church said:
We're talking about IV'ing, not plugging. And not any psychedelic specifically, just, psychedelics in general. (and yes, reports suggest that you can shove a blotter up there and it works just fine. ;))

Sorry, looks like only Jamshyd was talking about plugging, the weirdo! And, er...thanks ;)