View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

IV'ing psychedelics - mescaline, DOC...

yaesutom

Bluelighter
I am curious of anyone's experiences with IV'ing various psychedelics.

DOC comes to mind, because it would be really nice if i was able to cut the duration down somewhat. From my experiences snorting DOI and DOB, its not the same as any 2c-x snorted, you don't need 1/3 dose etc, actually the dose did not change all that much. Maybe instead of 4mg DOI, 3mg would work.. and it would come up pretty fast and leave quicker.

So anything anyone knows about IV'ing the DOx series i'm definitely interested in hearing about..

I think generally, tryptamines would be the most potent, and fast acting and shortest lasting, i'm very tempted to try DOC though, starting low with the dose though and see just how really fast it actually kicks in.

Hmm... :)

I don't have any experience with intravenous administration of psychedelics, but I would imagine using DOC in that manner would not cut down the duration by much. Using Amphetamines by intravenous injection certainly doesn't. This class of drugs just has a long lasting effect on the brain.

As far as IVing 2C-I... I don't think the duration was all that much shorter than taking it orally or insufflating it.

So, I really can't say that's relevant as far as IV'ing a DOx... but I'm skeptical that it would make all that much of a difference.

I have given thought to IVing TMA-2 and AMT for the same reasons you mention.

Never had the gut to do it since I am not at all fond of quick psychedelic come-ups. That being said, I am sure I'll be trying IV DPT and maybe DMT (if I ever find it pure enough) - since these two are a bit different.

I have IVed 5-MeO-DMT, and I believe there is a report on it on BL. I have also IVed a small ammount of DiPT (I was hoping to achieve a very sudden shift in sound) with no apparent change in potency (I actually didnt feel any effects).

I also IVed 1/4 of a VERY potent LSD blotter (I estimate at least 100mics). I found it very dissapointing since it did not do much for duration and just seemed to cut on the wating for the drug to be absorbed. Granted, there was a slight increase in potency. However, I will stick to plugging LSD.

Of course, I did IV Ketamine numerous times, but I think you're looking for experiences with serotonergic psychedelics?

Besides TMA-2, which seems rather comfortable, I dont think I will ever consider IVing any other phen. psychedelic.

EDIT: Yes, I admit I have a needle fetish :p

Alex Shulgin doesn't mention at all IVing these compounds in PIHKAL so that makes me think, if Shulgin didn't do it... it's not worth doing.

Shredist said:
Alex Shulgin doesn't mention at all IVing these compounds in PIHKAL so that makes me think, if Shulgin didn't do it... it's not worth doing.

Shulgin also thinks MDMA is a godsend and pays no attention to propylated tryptamines, dissociatives, and opioids - things that at one point have redefined my life. Point in case - shulgin was good at making new drugs (with a bit of hopefulness - that of duplicating the disgusting MDMA), but he is far from christ's 2nd coming. Don't get me wrong, I deeply respect the guy, but I just dont consider him the ultimate authority.

^ Yep, he's primarily a synthetic organic chemist, not a pharmacologist. His expertese is in seeing routes to the synthesis of certain structures.

I've never IV'ed anything in my life, but I have IM'ed quite a few compounds in my life, some of them being 5HT hallucinogens; those that come to mind are DPT, 5-MeO DMT, DMT, MDMA (very low dose - 20mg) and 2C-I (by accident - details given in other posts...) although I think there are others. All I can say is that the only ones that benefitted from that route were the simple dialkylated tryptamines, and I'd never do 5-MeO DMT by that route again.

^ Why never 5-MeO-DMT that way again? How was the DMT compared to smoking?

Have you IM'd DPT? If so, if you have insuffalted it? How would you compare the two routes?

Do you have a link to your 5-MeO-DMT IMed experience? I'd love to read more, and why you would not repeat.

i've heard IMing 5-Meo-DMT is a lot scary than smoking it, was this the case fasandbulbous?

Shredist said:
i've heard IMing 5-Meo-DMT is a lot scary than smoking it, was this the case fasandbulbous?

Definitely the case. Rather than a big 'whoosh' and being almost instantaneously propelled into ego death/the 'void', you get to feel the process of your ego dying (which feels like slow motion compared with smoking). It's far from pleasant & produces a load of anxiety compared with smoking

Don't have a proper link to a full write up, but there was a fair amount of detail given in a thread in ADD concerning low doses of DMT/5-MeO DMT and a perceived opiate type effect. Can't remember exactly, but I think I went up to 7.5mg IM and at that dose it was quite an ordeal (doses up to 2mg were actually quite relaxing and even rather pleasant, but once past 2.5mg that stopped fairly abruptly). Funnily enough, later trials with recrystallized DMT administered IM were nowhere near as scary (up to 20mg IM) - they were actually reminiscent of going up on a large dose of oral psilocybin, only that the plateau was reached in about 10 mins. From there on in it was pretty much like a lower dose DMT experience. 20mg IM did more than 20mg smoked, so I think pyrolysis must have a fairly significant effect on the fate of smoked DMT

I haven't snorted DPT before, for to give a comparison (I've got easily irritated/congested sinuses, so avoid snorting anything if possible), but from talking to people about their experiences with DPT via the nasal route, IM is a faster onset and more economical (25mg nasally being about on a par with 15mg IM'ed). For some reason, it's got far less anxiety associated with the IM route than either of the N,N-dimethyl compounds; 20mg of DPT with about 75mg of ketamine is something to try if you really want an extreme out of body, psychedelic experience (although I'm more sensetive than most to tryptamines; for the same effect, 30mg in others might be more in line than my 20mg) - not for everyone I suppose

i have Iv 2ce (5mg) and 2ci(2mg)(not together, but 2 different ocasions.)
my body threw up violently on both rc's. i felt the chemical right after injection. but started geting visuals about15-30 min after. it was very unpleasant (unlike coke /herion/other good drugs to IV). i dont plan to repeat Iv any other rc unless i hear it is pleasant. it came on faster but not that strong. i was barely getting visuals and felt like shit. i felt it for about 3-6 hours...cant really rememberr how long i tripped for because it was really mellow after about 1 hour after injection.
dont expect to get an instant peak after injection. to get an instant rush of a chemical that makes you shudder. and then trip and get high after 30 min. it was not worth it, but i like to experenment...
then again i have only tried 2ce and 2ci IV. maybe other chemicals have more pleasant effects or are different.

Bump

I've recently become obsessed with the idea of IVing MDMA. I've just begun my search for past threads regarding the topic. I've never IV'd anything, and for some reason I now want to, just to say that I have experienced a rush. The only thing I would consider (at the moment) would be MDMA, and it's looking like I will end up doing this someday.

Anyway, I was hoping someone could give me some first hand knowledge about what to expect, being that it would be a first IV in general, much less the fact that it's not a commonly IVd substance? A registered nurse will be administering the dose, if and when it happens.

I'm no longer interested in things like opiates, stims, coke, things of that nature, so if I'm ever gonna experience an IV rush, this would have to be it.

Also, I just wanted to resurrect this thread! =D

The reports are all so negative, though. Even from people who love spiking. Christ, even phreex said it was a bad idea. Perhaps a less intense entactogen would be better, like MDEA or bk-MDEA.

Jamshyd said:
Don't get me wrong, I deeply respect the guy, but I just dont consider him the ultimate authority. [/color]

well there's no way to voice this without sounding arrogant; but if shulgin is not the ultimate authority, then who the fuck is? I've taken drugs too, and though I haven't been quite drunk enough to IV drugs that needn't be IVed, I couldn't conceive of any person more suited to be an authority on psychedelics as one who has compounded and played a pivotal role in the research of as many psychedelics as doctor shulgin.

But his opinion is subjective, just like everyone else's. He dismissed 2C-D and DiPT as being worthless psychedelics, for example, while many including myself find them to be great and deeply psychedelic.

Yeah I've only read negative things about MDMA IV'd. One BLer I remember using it this way is KandyK and she didn't make it sound like a desirable experience as far as I remember. Maybe it's the nature of the chemical, maybe it's because even good quality MDMA is often only about 80% pure. Do you realyl want to IV all the potentially carcinogenic unreacted stuff that's in them crystals? I'd rather IV an industrially made chem such as M1 than a clandestine one with likely more impurities. Unless you have a top source.

IV ecstasy felt nearly identical to the rush from IV meth. Although I have a feeling there was probably more speed than mdma in the pill because taking it orally felt the same as tweeking also. I don't think I've ever had a good ecstasy pill but that's my exp for what its worth- IV ecstasy almost the same as IV meth.

my friend IV'ed 2c-i and said it was just like any 2c-i trip but without the come-up

IVing mdma was nothing spectacular (powder molly)...basically an mdma high without the comeup...

not much of a rush in either case i think

a friend of a friend IV'ed 5-Meo-DMT and said it was the most intense drug expierience of his life =\

IV ketamine is obviously absolutely amazing...but IM is a much more rewarding MOA