• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

IV vs oral oxycodone

I know the bioavailability of oxy is reasonably high. Im not sure what it is.
Ive IVed it a few times & Ive been doing some reasearch on injecting & it seems pretty dangerous.
Im wondering if injecting oxys benefits outweigh its dangers.
Do most ppl get a higher rush when they IV it or is it practically the same as just crushing it up & swallowing it.
If it's about the same than I'll probably just only take it orally to avoid all the complications that can arrise from IV. Obviously it's more practical it IV heroin but Ive heard it just turns into morphine if ya swallow it. Is this true?
Ive read different BAs for oxy. between 60% & 90%. Does anyone have a more accurate number?
if it's something like 85% i may as well chew it up cuz ya probably loose 5-10% in the IV prep anyway. & i dont wanna get pill binders in my system to get an extra 5% out of my dose!
IME ive gotton higher from just crushing & swallowing it down but it may be placebo. I dont know.
Oh also when im at a friends place im always careful not to use the same spoon as he does. If he has used a spoon to crush oxy onto a spoon that he has used a re-used needle on. Could I catch anything from eating from that spoon? Not the spoon that he heats up, just the spoon he crushes it down with. im all paranoid cuz sometimes i have something to eat at his house.
Maybe I should just stick to Iving heroin cuz i just put water in straight into the bag. theres no using of my friends spoons to crush anything.
If u eat from a spoon that has hep on it can u catch it? that's what i basically wanna know.
im sure i dont have anything though cuz my mate was tested & he's clean. so yeah....
For me it's the only way I use IR Oxy now: well other than OxyContin's [OP's] & I'll plug IR Oxy's too sometimes. It's the best due to it being 100% biovaliabity wise and oral is like 80-85% so I would say just plug it or pop em. You can snort them too, it's better than using needles man. I was just saying in my personal liking/experience; IVing is what I perfer- not saying you should do it or anything, but still that's the best bang for your buck. Still please don't pick up IVing unless you've done it ( I skimmed through your post, sorry I'm taking care of a puppy I got lol) before & know how to do it properly- if you know how to do it properly then NEVER heat IR Oxy: I'm not sure how to shoot ER or SR pills but I'm sure you shouldn't try shooting those to start with if you've shot up and know how to do it correctly then go for shooting the IR oxy ONLY! Like I said still I wouldn't recommend shooting shit up at all but it's your body just use your gear right and filter it all out with a micron filter man. Try pluging, to me it's like shooting up but last waaay longer and feels much better man IMO- Or just eat'em.

^Fuck oral or any other ROA with dillies... IV is it! other than that I agree they are fucking USELESS! even IVing them only lasts an hour tops, unless u do like 16mg or more in one shot.

^Fuck oral or any other ROA with dillies... IV is it! other than that I agree they are fucking USELESS! even IVing them only lasts an hour tops, unless u do like 16mg or more in one shot.
Yeah it was such a big mistake to not iv them. Might as well thrown them in the trash than any other way. The difference is a 1 to 10/10 high. Wasted so much money on those fucking pills. Pure stupidity on my part.

Hey not everyone knows that when they first try it! But yeah, I would have been so pissed at myself lol.. the only time I ever took dilaudid orally it did NOTHING at all, sniffed it still barely anything, just the slightest most mellow opiate glow like I get way higher with subutex than I did with oral/insufflated dilaudid. If anyone gets dilaudid, they better be an IV user or its pretty much a huge money pit, it is a huge money pit when you iv them too, because they last for like less than an hour.. and you just want more and get less each time you slam another one. At least that was my experience with it.. a lot like when you slam coke, its the sickest rush but the high doesn't last, and every shot after that you just cant achieve what you did from the first one, and keep chasing it nonetheless. So anyone reading this, don't waste dilaudid taking it orally or really any way but IV, trade it for oxy or something with a good oral/intranasal BA if you get it and don't IV. Don't want to see anyone waste their money on this if they aren't already an IV drug user, not recommending you become one either just for dilaudid.

My Opinion/Experiences with Dilaudid, & it's ROA's.

Hey not everyone knows that when they first try it! But yeah, I would have been so pissed at myself lol.. the only time I ever took dilaudid orally it did NOTHING at all, sniffed it still barely anything, just the slightest most mellow opiate glow like I get way higher with subutex than I did with oral/insufflated dilaudid. If anyone gets dilaudid, they better be an IV user or its pretty much a huge money pit, it is a huge money pit when you iv them too, because they last for like less than an hour.. and you just want more and get less each time you slam another one. At least that was my experience with it.. a lot like when you slam coke, its the sickest rush but the high doesn't last, and every shot after that you just cant achieve what you did from the first one, and keep chasing it nonetheless. So anyone reading this, don't waste dilaudid taking it orally or really any way but IV, trade it for oxy or something with a good oral/intranasal BA if you get it and don't IV. Don't want to see anyone waste their money on this if they aren't already an IV drug user, not recommending you become one either just for dilaudid.
Yeah I can agree with your whole post man. The first time I tried Dilaudid I found gold... Like legit the FIRST time I got Dilaudid it was in a medical/hospital grade, uncapped, and fresh for shooting, vial (I also got it pretty easily, surprisingly!). Once I got it I was quite scared of shooting it up since it was 2ml every ml, and at that time I only banged one pill total; & I had about, 20ml in the vial. I first started to just use a needle to squirt it under my tounge (had a very, very low tolerance to opiates at that time too) & I did get pretty fucked up for a few days off taking it orally. Then I went here to BlueLight, to ask if it was safe to inject *slapped myself- now knowing it was MEANT for injection* & I got decent responses from a lot of mods and admins/bluelighters telling me it would be much safer to inject it instead of using it orally, since it's meant for IV/IM, & was actually more dangerous taking it orally; (They didn't suggest to inject it so I don't fuck up myself or OD, & they don't like suggesting to do actions like that) so the next hour after reading everyone's suggestions I took my first ever, 12mg shot and it was sooo blissful! I felt sooo sedated, relaxed, no care in the world, my neck, hip, & back didn't hurt at all. It blew the shit outta my hydrocodone script out the water, I get for my spine issues and back issues as well- which was GREAT! I almost jizzed in my pants too ha- but yes, IVing Dilaudid is the ONLY way I use it and how most users use it as well. You can snort the pills and get pretty high but it doesn't last as long as IV/IMed and it's a total waste to even have Dilaudid if you aren't planning on snorting it (most suggested- unless you get a vial of the injectable form like myself) or IV/IMing it. Plugging it too is another safe ROA I've tried many times and each time either is okay, or a some what total waste; so IMO I would suggest snorting it. Unless you already shoot up or have and can control yourself so you don't get, "needle fever" aka, you just wanna shot everything up even if it's not soluble in water. If you shoot up already, then the best bang for your buck is IVing or IMing for a longer but stronger lasting high. It's the best ROA for Dilaudid IMO- and is the only ROA that I do and prefer. I love Dillies! Especially banging them all up! The rush is amazing and the high last for a good long time for me at least. The thing about Dillies is most only use them for the rush that it gives during IVing Dilaludid- but I like the slow, up coming body high I get soon after I IV a Dillie/Dillies. [This post is for the OP of this thread, & the poster that I replied to as well, while stating my personal experience's with the different ROA's of Hydromorphone]

Last edited:
IMO, the only opiate worth snorting is dilaudid. Eat your oxycodone, it has great euphoria and lasts reasonably well (esp. with potentiation techniques)

Good luck OP
Agreed 100% but I perfer IVing Hydromorphone, snorting it is much safer than IVing/IM and still gets you some what of a good buzz. IVing is the best bang for your buck though but like I said, I wouldn't suggest IVing it unless you already IV other drugs/have some good experience with IVing, & drug use so you don't OD/fuck yourself over.

to answer your Hep C question....it can only be transferred blood to blood...no other way. I'm kind of an expert on it since I got it in the 70's from friends iving me. There was no test to even detect it till the 90's. No cures for all types until recently. I am finally negative, but it destroyed my liver before I got cured so I now have cirrhosis. There are NO symptoms for the majority of people, so if you have ever shared rigs you might want to get tested since there is now a cure.
There is a cure for Hep C? I thought there were only shots to prevent you from getting Hep A and Hep B.

If you are going to IV opiates stick with dilaudid and H. I have had access to many of the common other opiates including IR oxycodone, oxcontin ER, ER morphine, and fentanyl. From experience and researching online the manufacturers do so much to make it nearly impossible to IV these pills. I have read methods that supposedly work but they all seem to require a ridiculous amount of extra materials and time in order to make a solution that is ready to IV. To me it is not worth the risk as for one some of those agents can seriously mess up your veins and if you fuck up a complicated process trying prep pills that aren't meant to be IV'd then not only are you likely wasting them, you will feel stupid and frustrated. As I said just stick with the H and dillies when iv'ing opiates and pray that IR dialudid manufacturers don't join the crowd and try to ad geling agents or something stupid to them. Also, maybe you will get lucky and get a hook up to fentanyl and morphine solutions which are IV ready but I have never come across those personally.

^Everything you said is hard to IV up there is, really hard. I mean the newer OP OxyContin are pretty much impossible to IV, and even if you do find a way to get it into a crushable, snortable or IR form, which can be done as I have actually done this with good results, its extremely dangerous to iv anything that was once "plastic" like, and I would never IV it. Morphine ERs I have never even attempted to IV, they are very hard to prep! Morphine IRs on the other hand:| have me feeling nodddddy and I love to slam them. Morphine is basically shit any other way too. But Oxycodone IR? how is that hard to prep? its super easy, no gelling, nothing hard about prepping those for IV, unless its Percocet with the APAP in there, that is not going to work too well, but Roxy??? no! that is easy as hell to prep up and IV...

I know what this thread is old but if by blood to blood you mean a direct entrance to the venous system, that is not true at all. Hep C infected blood can enter the tiniest scratch or even through a pore. 8yrs as a paramedic and literally countless conversations regarding this with ER docs

I have not posted anything yet. I didn't have anything of value to add. I suffer with pain from a birth defect Spina Bifita.I have been reading about what others have had to say. At one time oxycodone worked well . It has been prescribed to me so there is nothing to hide. My thoughts were that has been changed by gov. orders to curb drug liking to the extreme that it do's not hardly work for my pain. I don't believe it's all tolerants. It stopped working to suddenly. The only route is oral for me and seems the pain killing powers have been taken away. Very sad for people that need the relief badly. Also a crime to deprive people in need because the DEA want it of the shelf. So now we all suffer and they don't really care. They may think it's for the greater good but I don't agree. They are not the the ones suffering. So overkill . It angers me, it's wrong and unconstitutional ! There actions are wrong and controlling in our democracy . This false epidemic is so overstated and cruel it has created a very bad public view and doctors are in fear for for helping people in true need. Shame on all this bull. I'm not blind, I am aware of the other side, drug seeking ,death and abuse, addiction. A media's over reaction to something I am certain they know nothing about !! So now what, a life of suffering.

Last edited:
Well it's 4 or five hours later from my late night post. I woke in the most horrible pain to date. I took my morning prescribed dose of medication. How many ways can i say to little to late. So now i'm waiting with a cup of coffee. Sadly i know there is little relief on the way. CDC guide lines fall way to short in my case. I am certain that i'm not along. I am trying to stay civil in my tone. It would do no good to be nasty ! Seems our society has little compassion for true pain. When it comes to pain meds its even the worst case scenario. Or most don't know the true meaning of agony. I was told my post was to short or not in enough detail so i am trying to tell it like it is in my view. To go on and on about myself is not my style. When i know there are many more in the same situation. Also it could always be be much worst ,that i'm certain of. I have been dealing with this most all my life. Had surgery at 16 years old for starters, i am know 68 years of age. When it seems truly hopeless i try to stay positive. But it is difficult when you feel helpless and would like to be pulling your hair out when you watch the news, listen to the views of others that haven't a clue what is going on in the real pain world. Sick of being seen as a drug addict by some. Just want to live a somewhat normal life. I am not a bum, owned and operated my own small company for years. I have never worked at a job punching a time card. So what the H.. can we do. Something must be done. We will continue seeing suffering,suicide. What i see clearly is we will continue to see this same old scenario . But back to reality, i would like to see a change in this insane attitude . Everything is not just black and white and yes drugs are not a good thing,but necessary in most cases i see when it comes to living in pain. Seriously this world and the people that live in it need to just ff..ing lighten up and live and let live. It's no mystery to me why people turn to Heroin, so here's to better days ! I don't see the point in playing with our lives when people are desperate and in pain. Seriously ...we are adults and can make some of our own choices !

Last edited: