• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

IV vs oral oxycodone

Somethingelse3221

Ex-Bluelighter
I know the bioavailability of oxy is reasonably high. Im not sure what it is.
Ive IVed it a few times & Ive been doing some reasearch on injecting & it seems pretty dangerous.
Im wondering if injecting oxys benefits outweigh its dangers.
Do most ppl get a higher rush when they IV it or is it practically the same as just crushing it up & swallowing it.
If it's about the same than I'll probably just only take it orally to avoid all the complications that can arrise from IV. Obviously it's more practical it IV heroin but Ive heard it just turns into morphine if ya swallow it. Is this true?
Ive read different BAs for oxy. between 60% & 90%. Does anyone have a more accurate number?
if it's something like 85% i may as well chew it up cuz ya probably loose 5-10% in the IV prep anyway. & i dont wanna get pill binders in my system to get an extra 5% out of my dose!
IME ive gotton higher from just crushing & swallowing it down but it may be placebo. I dont know.
Oh also when im at a friends place im always careful not to use the same spoon as he does. If he has used a spoon to crush oxy onto a spoon that he has used a re-used needle on. Could I catch anything from eating from that spoon? Not the spoon that he heats up, just the spoon he crushes it down with. im all paranoid cuz sometimes i have something to eat at his house.
Maybe I should just stick to Iving heroin cuz i just put water in straight into the bag. theres no using of my friends spoons to crush anything.
If u eat from a spoon that has hep on it can u catch it? that's what i basically wanna know.
im sure i dont have anything though cuz my mate was tested & he's clean. so yeah....

Last edited:
yeah its about 85% oral bioavailability, so theres not much point in iv-ing

I know the bioavailability of oxy is reasonably high. Im not sure what it is.
Ive IVed it a few times & Ive been doing some reasearch on injecting & it seems pretty dangerous.
Im wondering if injecting oxys benefits outweigh its dangers.
Do most ppl get a higher rush when they IV it or is it practically the same as just crushing it up & swallowing it.
If it's about the same than I'll probably just only take it orally to avoid all the complications that can arrise from IV. Obviously it's more practical it IV heroin but Ive heard it just turns into morphine if ya swallow it. Is this true?
Ive read different BAs for oxy. between 60% & 90%. Does anyone have a more accurate number?
if it's something like 85% i may as well chew it up cuz ya probably loose 5-10% in the IV prep anyway. & i dont wanna get pill binders in my system to get an extra 5% out of my dose!
IME ive gotton higher from just crushing & swallowing it down but it may be placebo. I dont know.
Oh also when im at a friends place im always careful not to use the same spoon as he does. If he has used a spoon to crush oxy onto a spoon that he has used a re-used needle on. Could I catch anything from eating from that spoon? Not the spoon that he heats up, just the spoon he crushes it down with. im all paranoid cuz sometimes i have something to eat at his house.
Maybe I should just stick to Iving heroin cuz i just put water in straight into the bag. theres no using of my friends spoons to crush anything.
If u eat from a spoon that has hep on it can u catch it? that's what i basically wanna know.
im sure i dont have anything though cuz my mate was tested & he's clean. so yeah....

I think most ppl would say that no...IV'ing oxy in no way is worth the risk..
Honestly, I don't IV at all..but I've been told there's no rush really when Iv'ing it..
so..well...
can you see what my next question would be?

Oral BA for oxy is high 80's...that's about as close to concensus as you're going to get..
Insufflated oxy is said to have a lower BA..but more of a rush...w/a faster peak..but effects won't last as long..
This reason is why it's been such a popular ROA of oxy despite it's oral BA.

If what you're looking for is a rush...although I would not ever tell someone to snort anything..
I guess I would prefer advising you to insufflate over IV a pill any day of the week.
Or..... of course..you could have a little bit of patience...and eat them....just as the universe intended....:)

This would allow you to stay away from spoons altogether...which I think is a great idea ;)

Careful!
~token

Oral, hands down and all day long. You get way more bang for your buck. If you shoot up oxy you're looking at being high for like 45 mins vs. oral which is 1.5-2 depending on the person. The difference in bioavailability is negligible.

Just take oxycodone orally. It has a very high oral BA and IV'ing oxycodone doesn't add anything else to the mix, anyways. There is no rush. It is just a faster onset of the same high you'd get if you took it orally.

IV = don't.
Oral = do.

That is all, and if you really need a "rush" just insufflate some. I like to portion out my oxycodone to insufflation and oral dosing. Obviously concentrating the majority of the dose on the oral ROA, although, I cannot deny railing oxycodone feels fucking rad IME.

^ There is no "rush" - not IV'ing or insufflating oxycodone. If you want a rush, do some morphine or heroin, perhaps some hydromorphone.

Oxycodone is best taken orally as everyone has already mentioned. If you are looking for a different high without the risk involved with IV, try plugging it.

^ There is no "rush" - not IV'ing or insufflating oxycodone. If you want a rush, do some morphine or heroin, perhaps some hydromorphone.

Many have said there is a certain rush to insufflating oxy...
is your argument that what these people feel is placebo...?
Or... something different altogether?

This isn't my argument..

This is just my curiousity.
(It's my shadow..it's there..everywhere I go...)

~token

This is completely false. There is most certainly a "rush" from IV oxy, and also from insufflation to a smaller degree. The rush from IV oxy is a big wham! of euphoria and stimulation, but swallowing the drug is more "bang for your buck." If you say that their is no rush from IV oxy, either you did not do enough to experience the rush (tolerance), or you have a completely different definition of what a rush is (different from an average IV user's definition).

IMO, the only opiate worth snorting is dilaudid. Eat your oxycodone, it has great euphoria and lasts reasonably well (esp. with potentiation techniques)

Good luck OP

As Michael Jackson once said - "Just eat it!" =D

Also im probably one of the lucky ones as the high lasts a good 4 hours or so....

As Michael Jackson once said - "Just eat it!" =D

Also im probably one of the lucky ones as the high lasts a good 4 hours or so....

Pete --
I learned the hard way..
it's still just too soon..
wipes a tear away...

He did not say that!
You'll have to try harder to fool these ppl.

:) token

There isn't a rush comparable to heroin or hydromorphone but to say that there is no difference is false.

I have a nasal fixation so 95% of what I take goes that way, that applies to all opiates/opiods including methadone (which I know does nothing more than quicken onset but I get to laugh at people that can't do it without falling down in tears).

I don't IV as a habit. In fact I've never hit myself. Just a few times in my life where someone else did..... Oxy definitely has a little bit of a rush to it, just nothing compared to others.

to answer your Hep C question....it can only be transferred blood to blood...no other way. I'm kind of an expert on it since I got it in the 70's from friends iving me. There was no test to even detect it till the 90's. No cures for all types until recently. I am finally negative, but it destroyed my liver before I got cured so I now have cirrhosis. There are NO symptoms for the majority of people, so if you have ever shared rigs you might want to get tested since there is now a cure.

to answer your Hep C question....it can only be transferred blood to blood...no other way. I'm kind of an expert on it since I got it in the 70's from friends iving me. There was no test to even detect it till the 90's. No cures for all types until recently. I am finally negative, but it destroyed my liver before I got cured so I now have cirrhosis. There are NO symptoms for the majority of people, so if you have ever shared rigs you might want to get tested since there is now a cure.
Damn sorry to hear about your liver. Did you caught hep c from your friends shooting you? You mean sharing needles??

well it was so long ago it's hard to remember, but pretty sure it was shared

There is most definitely a rush to be had with oxy, depending on the ROA. I have done oxy every way possible, swallowing it whole, chewing it, parachuting it, sniffing it, plugging it, smoking it, and shooting it IV, well I guess not EVERY way as I never bothered with IM or sublingual.. but oral- a nice, mellow, long lasting high, without a rush. Chewing/parachuting- same as oral, just a bit quicker onset. Sniffing- Pure fucking bliss, loved the taste, and got an awesome rush of euphoria about 5 mins after I railed it, my favorite ROA, even though it might not last AS long as oral, it was still relatively long lasting IME. Plugging- is great too a lot like sniffing was, without the awesome oxy taste/smell in my nose that I loved so much, definitely produced a little rush though, and lasted a bit longer than sniffing, somewhere between the duration of oral and intranasal. Smoking(chasing on foil with straw)- Very quick, crack like, version of oxy, lots of people will argue this doesn't work(and they probably never tried it), it does, and it feels similar to smoking heroin to me, just a bit different kind of high, and taste of course is different, but when I would smoke the OC80s it was absolutely amazing IME, I loved it, very nice rush, similar to IV, but just like a fraction each hit, instead of doing 80mg at once, I would take gigantic vacuum cleaner hits of like 10mg each hit, and be feeling lovely from each one, but didn't last long at all, maybe an hour tops, I would normally sniff one and then smoke one to make it last longer. IV- is great too, just very short lived like smoking, a little longer lasting than smoking though, and it only works well at higher doses for me like 40mg-80mg, that's how it was for me.. That's my experience with oxy, which I have tons of, but would never go back unless I was forced of my subs... I just saw this thread and though Id clear up the "oxy has no rush" thing! That is NOT true..