• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction IV r.o.a into neck (not jug)

When i was doing T i hit veins i never thought i had when i tried to hit muscle in my upper leg or my ass.

For sure, superficial veins are great and we can get lucky finding them in places like that. It's when people try to hit the deep femoral vein that is a huge risk, in my opinion, just as bad if not worse than the superficial external jugular. You could never hit the femoral vein in your thigh below the groin, no matter how hard you try, unless you have a long needle. It runs along the bone with the femoral artery.

For sure, superficial veins are great and we can get lucky finding them in places like that. It's when people try to hit the deep femoral vein that is a huge risk, in my opinion, just as bad if not worse than the superficial external jugular.
Man, i would never try finding them again. The needles i used were super wide and super long. I hated sticking with them in the end, they disgusted me. Fucking terrible, if it goes to vein im dead. Maybe i'll do T in 15 years, but for now i have enough of it.

For sure, superficial veins are great and we can get lucky finding them in places like that. It's when people try to hit the deep femoral vein that is a huge risk, in my opinion, just as bad if not worse than the superficial external jugular.
Yo, did you see those pics??? Holy fuck

Man, i would never try finding them again. The needles i used were super wide and super long. I hated sticking with them in the end, they disgusted me. Fucking terrible, if it goes to vein im dead. Maybe i'll do T in 15 years, but for now i have enough of it.

Shit, maybe you did hit your femoral vein there then! Damn bro, I can only imagine how deep you were going! Thankfully you didn't jab it into the nerve bundle it femoral artery there (ouch! ) I've went blindly deep vein diving in my arms, I used to mark them to have a landmark to know how to keep hitting them. Those deep veins fill up the syringe almost as powerfully as a smaller artery.

Shit, maybe you did hit your femoral vein there then! Damn bro, I can only imagine how deep you were going! Thankfully you didn't jab it into the nerve bundle it femoral artery there (ouch! ) I've went blindly deep vein diving in my arms, I used to mark them to have a landmark to know how to keep hitting them. Those deep veins fill up the syringe almost as powerfully as a smaller artery.
My dad had a friend who was in jail. He had tattooed a dart board to his arm so he knows where vein is because shooting up there was hard and there might have not been time to find the vein.

Yeah, it's pretty crazy what those damn bacteria can do.
Have you not being paying attention Deru, that's not bacteria that corona-virus. Dr. Donald will be happy to prescribe you some Lysol. Will fix that shit right up in a minute or two. Kills all them nasty Chinagerms.

My mates used to go in their groins. They hit same spot for years

Did they have any issues ever or still going strong? I swear, some people are either lucky or just have good damn genetics, or both.

Did they have any issues ever or still going strong? I swear, some people are either lucky or just have good damn genetics, or both.
I have heard that if you put your hand higher than your heart and press hard the spot you after injected it will not cause as much damage. Also not pulling the syringe back to see if it hit the vein helps, because pulling blood in the syringe is very harmful. Using smaller needles is smart too. Remember to inject in the way of the blood circulation too, no fucking around.

They formed a weird hole thing surrounded by a thick hard lump. Looked like a mini belly button.
I not spoke to them since I got clean years ago so not sure where they go now. They still using for sure though. I drove past them few weeks ago and they look fucked.

I have heard that if you put your hand higher than your heart and press hard the spot you after injected it will not cause as much damage. Also not pulling the syringe back to see if it hit the vein helps, because pulling blood in the syringe is very harmful. Using smaller needles is smart too. Remember to inject in the way of the blood circulation too, no fucking around.
Just curious, I've always wondered, especially now that I've moved on from arms to hands, to legs; what happens if you push into a vein with blood flow going the wrong way? Like, against circulation?

Depends on the size of the vessel and the pressure the blood flow is already exerting onto the walls of the vessel and how elastic it is. It's usually good practice to push with the flow of blood in any vessel that has valves because doing the reverse and the resultant buildup of pressure on the vein wall can easily cause it to blow and/or collapse. The lower extremities would be especially problematic because the venous system is already fighting the extra buildup of pressure due to gravity.

Last edited:
Regarding some earlier comments about rectal being an IV substitute... that is not really true exactly, rectal is a fantastic ROA though, but it is most similar in kinetics to intramuscular (IM) ibjection, quite similar really, but of course far safer. As for IV, it doesn't come close (from what I understand, I have never IVed and never will, it's the one single drug rule I have never broken because I know if I do, my life will spiral out of control and I might end up dying from it). Rectal admin is great, there is a rush, and the dosage is similar to nasal or even a little less. But not similar to IV, nothing is similar to IV except smoking, at least kind of anyway (in terms of near-instant peak plasma levels).

Regarding some earlier comments about rectal being an IV substitute... that is not really true exactly, rectal is a fantastic ROA though, but it is most similar in kinetics to intramuscular (IM) ibjection, quite similar really, but of course far safer. As for IV, it doesn't come close (from what I understand, I have never IVed and never will, it's the one single drug rule I have never broken because I know if I do, my life will spiral out of control and I might end up dying from it). Rectal admin is great, there is a rush, and the dosage is similar to nasal or even a little less. But not similar to IV, nothing is similar to IV except smoking, at least kind of anyway (in terms of near-instant peak plasma levels).

With respect to meth, i must respectfully disagree a little with this. While smoking gives rapid increase in plasma levels, the total plasma level is limited by how much and how fast you can smoke. It takes quite a while to smoke even a single point. So it takes longer to reach total final plasma level smoking than simply squirting a point up your ass.

Consequently, the journey from ‘sober’ to ‘twacked’ becomes slower for smoking compared to plugging the more total dosage you need.

In my view the ride up is far better plugging than smoking.

It has been a bit since my original post.. I am still able to find a place with a flshlite and fresh 31 ga point.. It seems like taking a coQ-10 vitamin pills make veins easier to find. I am curious as to why I can get flashes of thick dark blood that are super super close to the surface.. but still burn like a miss if you try to hit them,and it requires a super steady hand to successfully get it.. I am to the point I can hit places and it burns so so fuckint bad but I'm not missing it hitting an arteries. So is it a blood vessel?
On a side note..

I havent been able to get high from smoking clr ever. First time I did it was IV.
72hours later I looked like the posterboard anti meth campaigns.. I could see these little white worms on my jeans.. then on/in my skin.. It was bad bad. IV is the only roa that I can catch a rush from anything..

God i see that vein bulge on peoples forheads and have the urge to pop a goofball straight into it.. seriously does.anyone.know if this is a viable iv roa.

God i see that vein bulge on peoples forheads and have the urge to pop a goofball straight into it.. seriously does.anyone.know if this is a viable iv roa.
Whilst I haven't ever tried to hit a forehead vein, I have tried to hit veins that pass across the front my shin, unfortunately it never worked. As soon as I got the needle in, the vein would immediately blow, blood would pool out and create a big lump that turned into a big bruise. Didn't even get a chance to register. I think because it was pressed tight between the skin and bone, the pressure was higher and it leaked. Plus the precision you would need to not puncture through the other side and still have the bevel fully in the vein makes it virtually impossible.

Have you tried your thighs? Take a good bright LED torch, one with a lithium battery and press it to your skin in a dark room. It'll illuminate surface veins. Once you spot them, feel them out with your fingertips, to get a sense of their depth. There are some big veins there, but they can be quite deep, so you'll need at least a 0.5" needle. I've used a 0.5" 30ga insulin needle for them no problem, but a 27 or 28 guage is probably better. There are also good veins around your deltoid/shoulder area you can find this way too. If you are a woman, avoid the chest area. Lastly, there is a huge vein that runs in the gap between the bicep and triceps, which you can find by feeling for it. It runs next to an artery and nerve, so you need to be careful. Take a look at an anatomy diagram of the blood vessels there. Find the artery and use that as your landmark

Hit your feet, between your toes, the backs of your legs if you have a friend

I've injected into just about every vein possible in my body, and I'm always slightly amused when someone recommends to inject in between the toes. Where, exactly? The veins are so incredibly tiny and thin there, it's not going to go into the venous system, so although I wouldn't recommend the external jugular over the toes, I would highly reccomend to stay away from there. Your toes are the farthest point away from your heart, blood flow is severely less there, so any misses or any cuts sitting in tissue will just breed bacteria with a reduced blood flow to heal and absorb. I would stay away from the feet, period. Access the greater Saphenous at the ankle if you need to, it's a huge vein and typically easy access.

There is a big vein between your big toe and 2nd toe, rather deep too. For me it required basically the full length of a 0.5" 30ga needle, albeit at a very shallow angle, you can feel it rather than see it. It lasted me quite a while, considering I was shooting #3 heroin, crack/cocaine and diphenhydramine in it. The great saphenous is a fantastic vein to use however. Extremely visible, very large, very stable. I think that vein between the toes may be the origin of the great saphenous.

There is a downside to using these veins however. It can lead to chronic venous insufficiency, venous stasis and in the worst cases, pain, lymphedema, DVT and leg ulcers which can lead to amputation. I only used my legs/feet a a few years, but I've been left with pigmentation on my feet, ankle flair and visible spider veins on my calves and thighs, slight swelling and psoriasis that is much worse on my lower legs/feet and itches like crazy. All of this only started to appear right at the end of my injecting use and only got bad well after I quit altogether. I think using the veins in the thighs would be far less damaging than using the veins in the lower leg, if possible. There are more veins that blood flow can be diverted through higher up the leg.

I hit a few of the small ones across the shin. It requires a steady hand . I have been hitting in the pinners behind my knee cap right at the joint.. i have wondered and been meaning to ask this.. why are there so few dark veins when you use a light? I use a 100 lumen pen light and in order to find the majority of successful hit I need to look for them alongnthe outter area where im putting the.light. if i get close to them they dissapear.. but a few are darker and much more predominant? Light red blood vs thick dark blood.. light red doesnt always mean its a arterial path for me?? I have hit arteries before and the pain and agony is unlike anything else ive experienced with misses before.. i still am curious why there is a layer of dark blood super close to the surface that registers