• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction IV r.o.a into neck (not jug)

d3lnarg0

Bluelighter
Hey guys, could use some opinions ASAP! MyArms.and legs need a.vacation from getting poked. Got a couple veins that pop in the front of my neck , they arent my jugular for sure. Is there any reason or dangers to hitting into your neck , I am iving a very clean white fent analogue, mic it with tina every few days for a change, Ive heard that hitting an artery in ur neck can easily.lead to a quick death, Is that true? Im gonna try one wothin the day so pls lemme know if I shouldnt n why, Im skilled with a rig n dont miss often

Hey guys, could use some opinions ASAP! MyArms.and legs need a.vacation from getting poked. Got a couple veins that pop in the front of my neck , they arent my jugular for sure. Is there any reason or dangers to hitting into your neck , I am iving a very clean white fent analogue, mic it with tina every few days for a change, Ive heard that hitting an artery in ur neck can easily.lead to a quick death, Is that true? Im gonna try one wothin the day so pls lemme know if I shouldnt n why, Im skilled with a rig n dont miss often

It's very difficult to hit the internal carotid artery by accident, well, pretty much impossible, same with the internal jugular vein, they're deep in the neck. You could accidently hit your external carotid artery though, and you would probably never be the same after that, especially when it all gets jammed into the superficial temporal artery and middle meningeal artery in your brain. And not to mention when it all immediatley gets jammed in the capillaries in your eye, I cringe thinking of the searing pain of lava in my eye from all the particles in the syringe that don't have time to dilute fast enough.

The superficial external jugular vein, which most people know of as the jugular vein, drains some pretty important things as well, and the biggest concern would be collapsing it or infection. The other superficial necks veins (the ones you are asking about, assuming they are truly just smaller superficial neck veins and not actually your external jugular vein) I would avoid, if for no other reason than it would hurt, it would be very hard to do it yourself, and an infection there would cause some serious issues. Not to mention accidentally hitting a nerve or smaller artery would be a real problem there. In terms of harm reduction, external jugular vein and femoral vein (and the areas in general) are horribly dangerous.

Are the good veins in the dorsal venous network exhausted (top of hand veins), or the cephalic or median vein in the forearm gone? I always had one that ran by my pinky that was an easy to hit when I was desperate. Or what about the greater Saphenous vein location on the side of the knee or by the ankle? That is a huge, superficial leg vein with great access at the ankle and knee. Not to be confused with the lesser Saphenous vein, which can be accessed at the back of the knee sometimes. Have all of these locations been used and exhausted?

If that's the case, and I know it's very difficult to hear this, it might be time to let the body rest up, heal and change ROA for a bit. If I could go back in time, I wish I had chose that option myself.

Stay safe

Last edited:
I dunno about Booty bumpin, no wher3 close to the near instant rush from IVin something, ive made sure to do it correctly too.

I hav places in my arms.still but need to be super hydrated. N a brand new rig,, the ones in my neck are right by my adams apple n other runs dianolly from front to back, my jug is fatther back a d way yo hatd to hit by myself, n i dont let others hit me cause I am able to do it just as well if not better.​

If i look at how collapsed and knotted up with hard lumps my arm veins are from meth I would never risk shooting in my neck or groin. Meth KILLS veins. Don’t do it man - no fixing those important veins.

Do not hit the veins in your neck! Hit your feet, between your toes, the backs of your legs if you have a friend, the tops of your arms WAY before you go for the neck! Once you start hitting your neck, it's like playing Russian roulette.

Hold a flashlight to your skin in a dim room. It will illuminate veins you have not come across yet.

Please let us know how you're doing

@Wizard I'm here babe 😊

Do not hit the veins in your neck! Hit your feet, between your toes, the backs of your legs if you have a friend, the tops of your arms WAY before you go for the neck! Once you start hitting your neck, it's like playing Russian roulette.

Hold a flashlight to your skin in a dim room. It will illuminate veins you have not come across yet.

Please let us know how you're doing

@Wizard I'm here babe 😊
I think hitting to toes would be more dangerous, since there's lots of bacteria there. If you have lots of clean syringes and cleaning alcohol, it might be OK but myself i wouldn't go there.
Most infections i have seen have been on leg area. I know one dude who had to had all his muscle carved out because of hitting to leg. Now walks with sticks, has still his feet, but it's intact only by bone. Super disgusting. Other friend had his entire feet go super fucked, his hand was too. I have pictures of that before and after, he had to go to surgery.
Hitting to neck can be pretty safe if you have friend who knows what he is doing doing it for you. If you have veins in your chest it's actually much safer, so i'd try there first. If you're women, you will have veins in your boobs which are probably very easily visible, specially if you have big bad boys.
Wouldn't suggest going for the neck full time, maybe just take a break or as @The Wizard of the Creek suggested just go for the plugging for a while. I stopped for a year and after that it was much easier. I really wish i can stop in the end.
Good luck.
I will add some pictures of my friend before and after surgery to remind everyone to be smart.

I think hitting to toes would be more dangerous, since there's lots of bacteria there. If you have lots of clean syringes and cleaning alcohol, it might be OK but myself i wouldn't go there.
Most infections i have seen have been on leg area. I know one dude who had to had all his muscle carved out because of hitting to leg. Now walks with sticks, has still his feet, but it's intact only by bone. Super disgusting. Other friend had his entire feet go super fucked, his hand was too. I have pictures of that before and after, he had to go to surgery.
Hitting to neck can be pretty safe if you have friend who knows what he is doing doing it for you. If you have veins in your chest it's actually much safer, so i'd try there first. If you're women, you will have veins in your boobs which are probably very easily visible, specially if you have big bad boys.
Wouldn't suggest going for the neck full time, maybe just take a break or as @The Wizard of the Creek suggested just go for the plugging for a while. I stopped for a year and after that it was much easier. I really wish i can stop in the end.
Good luck.
I will add some pictures of my friend before and after surgery to remind everyone to be smart.

These wounds are a result of improper sanitation techniques or nasty contaminated drugs and possibly improper injection technique.

The feet will not kill you if you miss. Telling someone that injection into such a sensitive area is less dangerous than the feet is blind ignorance.

Infections can happen anywhere. It is a risk of IV that can be mostly avoided when being clean and sterile during the process.

These wounds are a result of improper sanitation techniques or nasty contaminated drugs and possibly improper injection technique.

The feet will not kill you if you miss. Telling someone that injection into such a sensitive area is less dangerous than the feet is blind ignorance.

Infections can happen anywhere. It is a risk of IV that can be mostly avoided when being clean and sterile during the process.
You are right about how those were caused.
I might have to admit that i wasn't specific enough and my loosely specific advice might be and probably irresponsible.
I wouldn't suggest trying shooting up on neck by yourself. However i and my friends have done it because we know what we're doing when we do it.
Try going for chest and as Alkaline earlier said use flashlight. Ask someone else to feel your veins and try to shoot up. When you find ones be responsibile using them, don't just rape one. Swap.
I should add that the blood coming from dangerous vein and good vein are different colour. Good veins give darker blood, dangerous ones give light.

I've injected into just about every vein possible in my body, and I'm always slightly amused when someone recommends to inject in between the toes. Where, exactly? The veins are so incredibly tiny and thin there, it's not going to go into the venous system, so although I wouldn't recommend the external jugular over the toes, I would highly reccomend to stay away from there. Your toes are the farthest point away from your heart, blood flow is severely less there, so any misses or any cuts sitting in tissue will just breed bacteria with a reduced blood flow to heal and absorb. I would stay away from the feet, period. Access the greater Saphenous at the ankle if you need to, it's a huge vein and typically easy access.

I've injected into just about every vein possible in my body, and I'm always slightly amused when someone recommends to inject in between the toes. Where, exactly? The veins are so incredibly tiny and thin there, it's not going to go into the venous system, so although I wouldn't recommend the external jugular over the toes, I would highly reccomend to stay away from there. Your toes are the farthest point away from your heart, blood flow is severely less there, so any misses or any cuts sitting in tissue will just breed bacteria with a reduced blood flow to heal and absorb.
The veins in feet also turn around when you try to hit them. Some have it easier than others, but myself i have always found that between toes? What the fuck. Exactly what toes?

I've injected into just about every vein possible in my body, and I'm always slightly amused when someone recommends to inject in between the toes. Where, exactly? The veins are so incredibly tiny and thin there, it's not going to go into the venous system, so although I wouldn't recommend the external jugular over the toes, I would highly reccomend to stay away from there. Your toes are the farthest point away from your heart, blood flow is severely less there, so any misses or any cuts sitting in tissue will just breed bacteria with a reduced blood flow to heal and absorb.
I missed in the top of my foot and it hurt for like 2 weeks. It is definitely slow to reabsorb, but IMO I will hit that damn foot all day before I hit my neck.

Try to hit between your toes and let me know how it goes. People say it nearly always registers, no clue wtf goes on in that spot

Try to hit between your toes and let me know how it goes. People say it nearly always registers, no clue wtf goes on in that spot

There is nothing there to hit... you'll get blood register from blowing the capillaries and small, tiny veins and then wind up doing an intramuscular/intravenous/skin shot. It's simple cardiovascular physiology.

Go groin first before you go neck. If neck is all you have left, that is fate's way of saying "take a fucking break kid!!!". Heed fate's warning. It may be the last one you get.

I personally disagree with this, but I know typical harm reduction theory says otherwise. I would never, ever recommend someone to go for the deep femoral vein. At that point, it's go to a different ROA.

My issue with it is the femoral vein is a deep vein that the whole entire leg's venous system drains into, there's no path for the extremity to drain that does not go through the deep femoral vein. Not to mention infections and abscesses there are a nightmare, and the risk of hitting the femoral nerve and artery is so great going in blind.

I personally disagree with this, but I know typical harm reduction theory says otherwise. I would never, ever recommend someone to go for the deep femoral vein. At that point, it's go to a different ROA.
When i was doing T i hit veins i never thought i had when i tried to hit muscle in my upper leg or my ass.

Good luck.

OMFG!!!!

My issue with it is the femoral vein is a deep vein that the whole entire leg's venous system drains into, there's no path for the extremity to drain that does not go through the deep femoral vein. Not to mention infections and abscesses there are a nightmare, and the risk of hitting the femoral nerve and artery is so great going in blind.
Totally agree Deru, but as you say, in the interests of HR, if you refuse outright to plug is it better to go neck or groin? Opinion is divided. I'll stick with my original answer "Heed fate's warning. It may be the last one you get. "