• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids IV Loperamide experiment [Experience incoming over the night, progressive]

Curious crook...... Did you have to use more than tween 80 or were you able to just get the lope into a tween 80/water solution and consume that (IV is more my concern) to end up nodding?

Over the counter --> Does not require a prescription. It doesn't matter where in the store the medication is located afaik.

--> Over the counter (OTC) = on the shelf, no prescription
-->Behind the counter=no prescription but requires a signature and ID at the pharmacy counter and the buyer is limited to a predetermined amount to prevent them from buying more than say a month worth of sudafed until a month has passed.
That means those with lope addictions are going to take a massive hit if it goes behind the counter. I mean if the max dose per day is a few pills and they take a hundred at a time then loperamide going behind the counter is going to seriously endanger them if they no longer have access to more than a days supply or so per month. Seriously lope had by far the worst wds for me. Had my habit ever developed to half of what others have I cannot even fathom to agony it would be.

Last edited:
They will be in danger if they continue to have a lope supply due to the cardiotoxic nature of lope.

That too but I don't doubt the fatalities that can happen without a taper on this drug if from nothing else but the extraordinary depression leading to suicides. My worst wd on lope just about took me there again and I didn't do as much and didn't use as long as some on it.

Yea opiate withdrawals are a bitch if gone untreated, but of course the treatment accepted in the medical system nowadays is wait till they subside and provide comfort meds, which again can be abused so a lot of times they aren't provided. Cutting off lope access isn't the problem, but not providing proper access is a problem.

--> Over the counter (OTC) = on the shelf, no prescription
-->Behind the counter=no prescription but requires a signature and ID at the pharmacy counter and the buyer is limited to a predetermined amount to prevent them from buying more than say a month worth of sudafed until a month has passed.
That means those with lope addictions are going to take a massive hit if it goes behind the counter. I mean if the max dose per day is a few pills and they take a hundred at a time then loperamide going behind the counter is going to seriously endanger them if they no longer have access to more than a days supply or so per month. Seriously lope had by far the worst wds for me. Had my habit ever developed to half of what others have I cannot even fathom to agony it would be.
Oh I did not know that. I thought I'd add the "afaik" since the expression is not used at all in Germany. Substances that fall into the category "apothekenpflichtig" require a pharmacy to be sold. They are all behind the counter because they need some guidance by the pharmacist before being ingested. Other stuff that you get from the shelf can usually not be considered actual medication, it's just hygiene articles, some herbal remidies and supplements. You'd never ever find an opiate or antibiotic on any shelf here.

So thanks for the information!

So Loperamide is actually not over the counter in Germany and yes, the habit was rather expensive to maintain. The pharmacy cycling can be sort of annoying, too, and buying 4 packs will earn you raised eyebrows at the very least, but usually they will ask questions (IBS is a pretty fail-safe excuse obviously).

Oh and the withdrawls were pretty viscious indeed.

Curious crook...... Did you have to use more than tween 80 or were you able to just get the lope into a tween 80/water solution and consume that (IV is more my concern) to end up nodding?
PG, Tween 80 and water if I remember correctly. Not easy on the veins. It really isn't a very healthy habit at all come to think of that. You can find out precisely what I used in my post history.

Not sure if I mentioned it before, but I used to take quinidine before injecting loperamide to inhibit p-glycoproteine. Very risky though, not advised!

Wow....at least whenever OP does finally score something decent to inject(Good lord willin'), it will probably be really fucking amazing.

We hope you're alive still OP.....remember Elvis practically died from constipation...he was straining too hard and died. I once took around 20 or 30 Immodium, about 8 years ago now probably, and I didn't shit for 4 days or something. Granted, that was before my tolerance blossomed.

Yea opiate withdrawals are a bitch if gone untreated, but of course the treatment accepted in the medical system nowadays is wait till they subside and provide comfort meds, which again can be abused so a lot of times they aren't provided. Cutting off lope access isn't the problem, but not providing proper access is a problem.

Well if actual proven, reliable and safe Methods of detoxing off Opiates where easier to obtain people wouldn't have to resort to Loperamide. It takes so goddamn long to get on Methadone here that alot don't bother and just buy off the street. Also have other treatment options such as Heroin or Morphine would be a step in the right direction. That way people wouldn't be taking fucking hundreds of Loperamide tablets to try and keep withdrawal at bay.

Wow....at least whenever OP does finally score something decent to inject(Good lord willin'), it will probably be really fucking amazing.

We hope you're alive still OP.....remember Elvis practically died from constipation...he was straining too hard and died. I once took around 20 or 30 Immodium, about 8 years ago now probably, and I didn't shit for 4 days or something. Granted, that was before my tolerance blossomed.
Are you seriously suggesting that loperamide is more dangerous than other opiates in this respect? I have taken it plenty of times and the reason why it has it's indication in diarrhea is because it is barely centrally active at therapeutical doses, not because it is a standout opioid in terms of slowing GI motility. It is often prescribed for IBS, but if it fails we can still resort to laudanum (last indication for it in Germany), simply because the latter is so much more effective in treating diarrhea. It is also metabolized just like any other opiate is and the effects on GI motility are therefore pass with time, unless you take it constantly.

Have you ever warned users of other opiates that they could "die of constipation" (which in itself is not the cause of death btw)?

Anyone who feels satisfied with taking loperamide over methadone, oxycodone, heroin, hydromorphone, morphine, fentanyl or whatever other opiate is probably on the safer side, at least there is currently no reason to believe otherwise.

Crook I read your trip report on IV lope... Did you ever repeat it with similar results? Were you able to figure out what was it that caused the better results of the second injection?

Yes I've used it on plenty of occasions, but alas can't remember any of those experiences in particular, I'm sorry. Help me out and I might be able to tell you more, but I'm definitely too lazy to read my old reports right now. I just shot 8mg hydromorphone without any tolerance whatsoever and the rush was really not as amazing as everyone claims, never has been. I'm just saying the rush of loperamide may not be all that great, but then I don't consider any opiate rush to be that great.

I've done IV lope and found it to be useless. No instant onset or better relief per mg. Then again I'm highly tolerant and using it for withdrawal.
..tissue damage from missing was less than some far more frequently IV'd opiate pills, and caused no actual damage.

This makes loperamide the first and only drug on my 'don't bother shooting list', whereas the 'will shoot' list includes classics like beaded time release and mdma pills. Which are obviously dangerous as all fuck, but at least worth it. Lope isn't.

Wouldn't be so bad if it was worth it for you, right? For some of us it is and they should deem themselves lucky imho.

Out of curiosity, what would you say the recommended starting dose to use lope to fend off opiate WD in an individual with a .1-.5g/day H habit, or 2-6mg/day bupe history over the past year? I'm like 5'11 180lbs. Curious about trying lope, Just as a last resort type thing...

Out of curiosity, what would you say the recommended starting dose to use lope to fend off opiate WD in an individual with a .1-.5g/day H habit, or 2-6mg/day bupe history over the past year? I'm like 5'11 180lbs. Curious about trying lope, Just as a last resort type thing...

In my experience lope never gets me right when im in opiate withdrawal. However when im still on opiates if i take 30-40mg ill never go into full opiate withdrawal because it signals the opiate receptors to not go empty, if that makes any sense.

The trick is to take a moderate dose (not a dangerous high dose) of like 10-20 of the 2mg generic pills BEFORE you get sick. When I do that i end up cutting my withdrawal symptoms in half. With a high dose of neurontin, my WD is cut by 90-95%. Thats the only true miracle cure for opiate withdrawal.

Tackle the physical symptoms with a medium dose of Imodium

Tackle the mental symptoms with a high staggered dose of gabapentin

My habit is very similar to yours sm0kestack BTW

I use lope to potentiate oral morphine a lot usually I'll take between 10-20 capsules

In my experience lope never gets me right when im in opiate withdrawal. However when im still on opiates if i take 30-40mg ill never go into full opiate withdrawal because it signals the opiate receptors to not go empty, if that makes any sense.

So it is not likely to work so well and provide relief if you are already in WD? If I had woken up already in WD, there wouldn't be much of a point in running to the store and grabbing some lope? It would be a better idea to go get it while not in WD and perhaps pop 30-40mg before I go to sleep the night before?

Does 30-40mg terribly constipate you chase? Or does it not have that kind of effect on opiate tolerant individuals like ourselves? And does it fuck with your heart at medium/moderate doses?

The trick is to take a moderate dose (not a dangerous high dose) of like 10-20 of the 2mg generic pills BEFORE you get sick. When I do that i end up cutting my withdrawal symptoms in half. With a high dose of neurontin, my WD is cut by 90-95%. Thats the only true miracle cure for opiate withdrawal.

I do have a script for gabapentin as well, definitely accessible. It does great for opiate WD. The synergy with lope is OK too, Huh?

So it is not likely to work so well and provide relief if you are already in WD? If I had woken up already in WD, there wouldn't be much of a point in running to the store and grabbing some lope? It would be a better idea to go get it while not in WD and perhaps pop 30-40mg before I go to sleep the night before?

Does 30-40mg terribly constipate you chase? Or does it not have that kind of effect on opiate tolerant individuals like ourselves? And does it fuck with your heart at medium/moderate doses?

I do have a script for gabapentin as well, definitely accessible. It does great for opiate WD. The synergy with lope is OK too, Huh?

Well, if you're waking up in full blown opiate withdrawal and have access to nothing else, having Lope at least is gonna be better than absolutely nothing. At the very least it'll stop the shits and probably curb some of the chills and sneezing, but it wont really do much for the mental craving.

When I take 20-40mg the night before I'm about to wake up sick it works way better. As in I wont get as sick. Sometimes I barely get sick at all but I have to dose it while I'm still high on dope. Because like I said it doesn't really fill opiate receptors in the brain, more like it tells them to not shut off.

I experience absolutely zero cardiac symptoms because I dose as low as I can get away with. I took 20mg last night and just woke up. Definitely not dope sick... Had a little restlessness so I'm staggering my way up the gabapentin express train :) I only get cardiac symptoms if I take over 40-50mg. It basically feels like you're extremely tired (I slept for 24hrs straight and was still exhausted once) and you can't lift anything. You can barely lift your arms. And you get an uncomfortable blurry vision. As long as you stay in the <40mg range you'll probably be alright. Just work your way up and see how your body reacts to it.

Make sure you take the lope and then an hour or two later take the gaba. Taking them seperately seems to work better for some reason. What mg gabapentins are you prescribed smoke?