• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine IV Coke - What am I doing wrong?

I'm thinking it was probably one of the cuts. Try using some coke from a different source if possible.

My experience with shooting coke is that I always get the register, but my hands always jitter and the needle comes out the vein when I go for the plunge. Having the needle pop out at that point makes it hard to tell if ur missing..until the sting atleast.

I'm thinking it was probably one of the cuts. Try using some coke from a different source if possible.

I agree on irritating cuts, have you tried to dissolve in more sterile water ?
Any other souce avaiable?

Let us know

If it's burning that much AND you have a lump after the shot, then you're missing. Even if you were injecting something with a nasty irritant in it, if you didn't "miss", it would hurt in a different way...meaning if you hit the vein, you would feel the irritation actually go up your arm on the course of the vein rather than an immediate and severe burning. You can still miss even if you're registering.

I think skipping the iv'ing is probably the wisest choice until you either can try with another source....or even just stick to snorting it.

Thanks guys for all your feedback. It seems the best option is to not IV coke. I don't want to have bad tracks from it really. I have around 10 or 12 red dots from IV coke. Nothing major, and they should heal I presume but if I keep going it will probably be worse. And I agree with the theory that it is cut with an irritating substance. Even when I register and know I'm in a vein it still burns. I'm starting to think that it slipped out or the needle went all the way through it. This could also be due to the fact that I suck at tying off and IV coke has made my veins kind of disappear on the arm I was using lol. I like coke, but the high from snorting and IV is pretty short lived, even though it is great. I don't think its worth the trouble to IV it IMO. Its probably a good thing that I didn't get a rush because I might have liked it and been addicted lol. Well thanks again guys!

Thanks guys for all your feedback. It seems the best option is to not IV coke. I don't want to have bad tracks from it really. I have around 10 or 12 red dots from IV coke. Nothing major, and they should heal I presume but if I keep going it will probably be worse. And I agree with the theory that it is cut with an irritating substance. Even when I register and know I'm in a vein it still burns. I'm starting to think that it slipped out or the needle went all the way through it. This could also be due to the fact that I suck at tying off and IV coke has made my veins kind of disappear on the arm I was using lol. I like coke, but the high from snorting and IV is pretty short lived, even though it is great. I don't think its worth the trouble to IV it IMO. Its probably a good thing that I didn't get a rush because I might have liked it and been addicted lol. Well thanks again guys!

IV is the most effective if it dissolves into water and turns clear its good, if there is a lot of cut use more water and a bigger filter to make sure you don't get junk in your needle. You know you did it right when you taste it in your mouth and your ears ring, there is nothing better then a good blast =P and it lasts almost the same as snorting i think from experience.

I think if you do a little research, you will see how absolutely insane injecting coke IV can be. The uncertainty as to the active cuts is just too risky my friend. Leaving aside the fact that cocaine is now being cut with levamisole, which can cause fatal agranulocytosis fairly easy, you run the risk that the cocaine contains something like ephedrine.

I work in anesthesia and I use ephedrine, phenylephrine, and epinephrine on a daily basis. I KNOW what those molecules can do to your heart and vascular system if used incorrectly. Heart attack city. Combine that with an unexpectedly high dose of cocaine had you would definitely be in ventricular fibrillation town, which would most likely be fatal.

You trust your dealers that much? I'll remind you that some of these cuts are going in at the manufacturing process, and the dealers know nothing about it.

I think if you do a little research, you will see how absolutely insane injecting coke IV can be. The uncertainty as to the active cuts is just too risky my friend. Leaving aside the fact that cocaine is now being cut with levamisole, which can cause fatal agranulocytosis fairly easy, you run the risk that the cocaine contains something like ephedrine.

I work in anesthesia and I use ephedrine, phenylephrine, and epinephrine on a daily basis. I KNOW what those molecules can do to your heart and vascular system if used incorrectly. Heart attack city. Combine that with an unexpectedly high dose of cocaine had you would definitely be in ventricular fibrillation town, which would most likely be fatal.

You trust your dealers that much? I'll remind you that some of these cuts are going in at the manufacturing process, and the dealers know nothing about it.

Thank you.... Nuff said. I read an article last year about how most coke after leaving the major ports is cut around ten times or more before touching users hands. Thank god i live in FL.

I can attest to this. The Ephedrine or some kind of crude speed that is used to cut the coke I get REALLY fucks me up! Usually my coke is okay, until recently it was all dissolving into water no problem at all (recently, my dealer got a bad batch so have been staying away). Their is enough coke in it to give you a nice bell ringer if you push .3's but the cut that sits in the bottom of the spoon will clog up the rig - I need to find a more clever way of filtering when it's not the usual - it's rough.

If you snort some to test and notice some jitters after 30 minutes of doing a line, you pretty know your shit has been cut with an amphetamine of some kind. One night I prepared a .4 shot, did it, I handled the insanely intense coke which in of itself made my legs give out, had to force myself to smile while my eyes popped out of my head to calm myself down, I knew I could handle the cocaine part as I knew the quality of the coke and my own high tolerance.
What I didn't expect is just how much amphetamine was put into this particular batch of coke. It was like the most intense jitters you EVER got from sniffing, alone in your room, trying to calm the fuck down to pass out. It was like that times 100. My heart raced faster than it did it on the coke for fuck sakes, I got SUPER paranoid which made my heart thump faster. I couldn't slow it down, even after 15, 20, 25 minutes... I talked to some other people who just sniff this stuff and they said that they had been up all night, wired for sound so I know it wasn't just me.

I don't have track marks - You don't need to keep going with it. I suggest preparing 3 or 4 large sized shots (if you are experienced, know the coke and know your tolerance) which can be used within 1-2 hours depending on how you like to space it out. When that is done, you best chug some booze or do some opiates, smoke multiple joints with booze even, take a break and come back to it. Being the high stakes kind of guy I am I always make my last shot just shy of too big, I'm not advising this for anyone as you can end up dead real quick or thumping your head and heels on the floor... But something that has helped me is to make the last shot so large that the experience in of itself is... unsustainable for those 20-30 injection binges I hear people talking about - Trust me, I'm seduced by the temptation to do that many too. I find if I do a massive last shot that makes my legs give out and hold on for dear life followed by a chugging of booze that I just... "can't" do anymore for an hour and by the time that hour goes by, the sketch and desire to do more has lessened quite a lot. Then I'll slam a few more beers back, smoke a joint, zone out for an hour and if you want to repeat the cycle, go ahead, you've given yourself a break and will feel higher again for it. 2 hours seems to be the magical time frame for me to feel the fullest effects again, although, I still get insanely high even if I stuck to .3's of this coke all night.

I don't get how people are clogging rigs trying to draw up cocaine. hell, I shoot pills where there is TONS of shit left in the spoon, and I can manage to do that without clogging a rig.

maybe try a bigger cotton ball (for pills I use the whole tip of a q-tip) you only need to lightly rest your needle (hole down, I'm sure you already knew that) on the cotton. you might be getting too jittery and stabbing through the cotton and sucking up the shit at the bottom though.

also, before a session of shooting cocaine. I suggest you go out and buy as many rigs as you can, try to use one, then go to the next rig. please, please please do not think you can shoot an 8-ball of cocaine with 4 rigs. it is possible, but your veins and arms (or wherever you shoot) will hate you for it the next day.

When IV'ing coke and you find yourself you can't stop, always, ALWAYS have some opiates (no not for doing speed-balls -you'll NEVER stop until you're either out of product or dead, trust me), and of course LOTS and LOTS of benzos. It'll definitely not only help with craving and/or compulsive behavior, but make you feel a HELL of a lot BETTER too. Think of what your heart is going through. The ringing in your ears (tinnitus) is the cause of vasoconstriction of your veins, increasing blood pressure, making your heart work hard. Similar to cholesterol inside normal veins, except in this case, you veins veins become a LOT smaller. Same difference (technically).

I have found a way to consistently stop but I think it's because the cocaine I get is heavily cut with amphetamines. I do .4 push for the last one and I become so insanely high and paranoid that I A. Can't cook up another shot for at least 35 minutes at the bare minimum, usually an hour and B. Get so paranoid that I can't even consider pulling the ol' cooker out again.

lol

did you say "cook up a shot"

you don't cook a cocaine shot. just add water and use your needle cap or something to stir it up a little. as soon as water hits cocaine, the cocaine turns to liquid, no need to cook.

Alright I'll try that when I can. I'm gonna also ask my dealer if he knows what it was cut with to see if that is causing the burning. I can't ask him for IV advice tho he doesn't do it or know about it. I kind of want to let my arm heal before trying again, what do you think?

dude,i think u dnt shoot it correctly..im just using the old needle...more than 30times iv for 1 needle..but my arm dont hurt and dont need time 2 heal...coz i shoot the right way into my vein...why dont u ask ur frend to shoot u?i mean friend that u mention it before

Good choice Btroisi13, your body will thank you for avoiding injections :)

I'll probably be slammed for this, but what you are doing wrong is putting it in your arm with a needle instead of snorting it. Just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions.

am I the only one that doesn't really understand the post above mine?

I guess she is saying she dont think coke should be IV'd, yet snorting it is fine.
:\

People IV coke because it gives a better high than snorting it and you get a rush.

I'd say smoking crack is like snorting times 10.

I'd say shooting coke is like snorting times 100.

but I personally hate cocaine.