• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

IV Codeine

pardon my inexperience,

perhaps it would be important to discuss whether such large amounts of IV codeine

are suitable with moderate doses of diphenhydramine, or doxylamine?

for the histamine response, which seems to bother quite a large many. inc myself.

Last edited:
This reminds me of something they would do in third world countries .

I have done further experimenting with this IV codeine
I've been carrying out the scientific method of reductio-ad-absurdum on my testings

the variable is that my body is different, such as i prefer a strong codeine high over a strong oxy high, and that morphine doesnt make me itch very much. Codeine and morphine feel identical to me, more sedative which i like.

Please not that I am a weekend type of user and not a daily high end user by any means.

I did IV codeine after an extraction with a about 4 dollars worth of codeine, which was about 240mg, but i didnt use it all, only about 150 mg.

It produced a withdrawal that extended for 2 days, which is quite nasty for me, even to oxy withdrawal.

It was the first time I nodded in about a year (prob last time was when i banged suboxone)

The high lasted about 12 hours or longer as it wore off.

The high came on slowly over a few others, I thought it was meant to be instant. Maybe i fucked up , or low dose?

There was no histamine release, or instant kick when IV'd, this is something that I hope is due to my ineffecient dose or method or extraction. It came on slowly over a few hours, when codeine comes on fast orally, all at once i do get itchies though, this time none however.

The high would have been equal to 100-200 mg OXY, or 100-150mg Morphine. Although it did last alot longer than ox or morph: like 12 hours. but didnt come on instantly, damn!

I also needed more codeine to counter the 2 day withdrawal period from just the one shot. Much more withdrawal than i get from say 200mg oxy or 200mg morphine.

In conclusion I think that a combination of both Oral or watever codeine, plus a shot would make 2 different highs come together. The oral giving the kick that it does when and the itchies.

In truth I wanted the IV method to give the kick like IV moprhine or heroin, so i that is my next goal with further attempts / higher doses. maybe 300mg?

I wish i could get the initial kick that the first author Elektra talked about, however maybe that only happens in higher doses because mine was only 150mg (i require 100mg morphine for a decent buzz, probably 300mg to get into a good nodding area, a place i dont even try to goto anymore.

Post back with next with more self experimentation later. %)
Each bodies different remember!

I have done further experimenting with this IV codeine
I've been carrying out the scientific method of reductio-ad-absurdum on my testings

the variable is that my body is different, such as i prefer a strong codeine high over a strong oxy high, and that morphine doesnt make me itch very much. Codeine and morphine feel identical to me, more sedative which i like.

Please not that I am a weekend type of user and not a daily high end user by any means.

I did IV codeine after an extraction with a about 4 dollars worth of codeine, which was about 240mg, but i didnt use it all, only about 150 mg.

It produced a withdrawal that extended for 2 days, which is quite nasty for me, even to oxy withdrawal.

It was the first time I nodded in about a year (prob last time was when i banged suboxone)

The high lasted about 12 hours or longer as it wore off.

The high came on slowly over a few others, I thought it was meant to be instant. Maybe i fucked up , or low dose?

There was no histamine release, or instant kick when IV'd, this is something that I hope is due to my ineffecient dose or method or extraction. It came on slowly over a few hours, when codeine comes on fast orally, all at once i do get itchies though, this time none however.

The high would have been equal to 100-200 mg OXY, or 100-150mg Morphine. Although it did last alot longer than ox or morph: like 12 hours. but didnt come on instantly, damn!

I also needed more codeine to counter the 2 day withdrawal period from just the one shot. Much more withdrawal than i get from say 200mg oxy or 200mg morphine.

In conclusion I think that a combination of both Oral or watever codeine, plus a shot would make 2 different highs come together. The oral giving the kick that it does when and the itchies.

In truth I wanted the IV method to give the kick like IV moprhine or heroin, so i that is my next goal with further attempts / higher doses. maybe 300mg?

I wish i could get the initial kick that the first author Elektra talked about, however maybe that only happens in higher doses because mine was only 150mg (i require 100mg morphine for a decent buzz, probably 300mg to get into a good nodding area, a place i dont even try to goto anymore.

Post back with next with more self experimentation later. %)
Each bodies different remember!

Did I read 1200 mg somewhere in this thread? I am confused. I was under the impression that codeine per se was not psychoactive, that it achieves its psychoactive effects by first converting to morphine, and that the body was able to convert, at any one time, only so much as roughly 400 mg of the stuff into morphine.

If I am correct, then administering a dose of 1.2 grams is an unbelievably stupid thing to do, since it won't get you more high than a smaller dose and will dramatically increase the risk of a stroke. The only possible benefit is that it will produce a longer-lasting high, but if that's what you're after, then stagger the 1.2 grams out over many hours.

Shit, I was hoping this was a recent thread from jasoncrest, he hasnt posted in a VERY long time and I am extremely worried about him. With the amount of pills this guy shoots he said he didnt think he'd be alive for too much longer which saddens me greatly because he's an inteelligent guy. I know your not sposed to ask this on BL but jason if you see this PM me and let me know your ok coz I know im not the only one who is worried about you.

Shit, I was hoping this was a recent thread from jasoncrest, he hasnt posted in a VERY long time and I am extremely worried about him. With the amount of pills this guy shoots he said he didnt think he'd be alive for too much longer which saddens me greatly because he's an inteelligent guy. I know your not sposed to ask this on BL but jason if you see this PM me and let me know your ok coz I know im not the only one who is worried about you.

I know he was alive as late as 01/27/09. Can't say whether or not he is now, though.

Edit: No, wait. He was on here yesterday.

I did IV codeine a couple times, years ago. From what I remember from it, the high was very mild, actually it was very much the same as oral codeine but w/ faster onset. Never had any side effects btw, I did dosages of ~300-500mg. At the time I wasn't even aware of any dangers involved in IV codeine use, and I wouldn't do it now that I know more.

Do not inject codeine intravenously under any circumstances. There is a rush but it's not the kind of a rush that gives heroin, morphine or other opioid active by itself. A single dose of say 400mg can and probably will produce instant itching of the skin, sky-rocketing heart (up to 300bpm) accompanied by problems with breathing and a terrible headache. The place it is shot is going red instantly. Like it has been mentioned months ago, such an injection can be life-threatening.

I have no idea why i.v.'ed codeine was put superior to i.v.'ed heroin by this girl stating people shoot 2g of this in Turkey. I don't believe it, no papers state this is possible to survive but there sure are papers stating strong opioid tolerance can have almost no limits (considering an addict doesn't die). These high doses of codeine have nothing to do with opioid tolerance and one can inject 2g of heroin a day if he has developed such a tolerance. But 2g of codeine would probably be a lethal dose for anyone because of histamine release, this pro-drug wouldn't even be converted by the liver to morphine and codeine-6-glucuronide to produce respiratory depression. The cause of death would be different. While you can consider a suicide by injecting a high amount of heroin pleasant, you can consider death from codeine injection a hell on Earth before you leave this place for good.

Codeine i.m.'ed feels very dirty when it kicks in and when it is injected i.v., it is one big hell. There are no benefits and it would have to be very diluted and injected very slowly and not in mentioned doses to be taken this way but what for? It can't be even compared to morphine's pins & needles. Morphine is sold on the black market in ampules, in solutions with unknown concentration, regular and extended release pills (if they're crashed, it's been done for purpose). All for recreational use. Pure codeine phosphate can be only useful in large quantities for very simple syntheses for a chemist which I won't even describe because it's not a place for it but one can get oxymorphone at the end starting with only codeine.

I have no idea what kind of desperation may lead to injecting codeine intravenously. A lack of access to heroin? It seems that way. I've shot a lot of opioids intravenously and codeine was the worst ever, even worse than pentazocine. I did it only once and never ever did it again. And I would say I thank God I survived this if I believed in God.

Codeine works fine injected intramuscularly and if someone can't get heroin but is crazy over needles, let him/her do it that way. The maximum levels of the drug in blood are achieved faster than when it's taken p.r. Anyway it's a lot of solution to inject and one has to inject it multiple times into various muscles. On a long run, this won't end up good either. Pain in muscles and abscesses to begin with.

This story reminds me of a girl who unknowingly wants to cheat herself codeine is better than heroin because she can't get heroin at all or can't get it as much as she wants or the law is strict or she has no access and so on. I may be wrong, I survived a 900mg injection but it was very tough to bear and I had and still have a massive tolerance to opioids in general so it's definitely not connected to opioid tolerance in any way.

Codeine can be fixed up. My dear friend fixin just did it. He used 6 #3s, dissolved them in cold water for an hour, straigned thru bandana twice, and BOILED off 20cc of water (started with 30 cc). Sure, it's nowhere near smack, but the rush was remarkable, scary, itchy, heart racing, and threatened a headache but he didn't get one and DID get a good high after a bit. The itchy head, itchy injection area went away after about 5 mins. Was a hell of a rush. Real shooters want a rush, period. This one had a decent high too but it took him about 10mins to get it. Since he does like 8 10/325 hydros a time, it was a surprising small dose for such a rush and high. I wouldn't recommend it, seemed pretty gnarly, but if one did, I'd say about half what one would usually do orally. Fixin found that the head itch/explosion was so rad, he stood up to slow it down and it seemed to help. He's done it before a couple times, says it's better than nothing if he needs a fix, but it IS gnarly, even for him. He says the secret is to be real patient and dissolve the tabs really well, and filter them really well, use a 10cc syringe and pump it in ever so slowly. But it's for real experienced hardcore hardup shooters! Scary, crazy, but he's done worse. So, NOT recommended, but doable, works even when boiled! but real gnarly side effects.

Isn't codeine a prodrug that needs to be metabolized into morphine in order for it to be active? How can you be talking about shooting it?

^ Codeine does in and of itself have some affinity for opioid receptors. That said, I do imagine the majority of its rush is due to explosive histamine release than the drug's effect on the receptors.

Isn't codeine a prodrug that needs to be metabolized into morphine in order for it to be active? How can you be talking about shooting it?

It's a pretty bad idea. Most of what you feel from codeine comes from the morphine it is metabolized into. By injecting, you skip first-pass metabolism, so you won't even get as high. There may be a rush from the histamine release, but from what others in the thread have said, it's nothing like the typical IV opiate rush which includes a slowing of the heartbeat.

Don't shoot codeine. Don't even snort codeine. If you're going to take codeine, take it orally. That's the only way it will be metabolized into morphine. And 2g is a ridiculous amount of material to be injecting into your veins.

If you're going to take codeine, take it orally. That's the only way it will be metabolized into morphine.

That's bullshit. Whatever way you take it, it will eventually find it's way into your liver where it gets metabolized into morphine.

^ On the first round, yes. Then the blood comes back from the head and these things all pass through the liver before going back to the head again.

It is not as though something that is IVed goes through an alternative circulation system whereas it never touches the liver.

That's why they call it first-pass metabolism.

moron. If you're going to cite a paper, cite one that's more relevant to the topic at hand. If you had cited a paper relating to intravaneous administration of codeine, you would have learned that you were wrong.

moron. If you're going to cite a paper, cite one that's more relevant to the topic at hand. If you had cited a paper relating to intravaneous administration of codeine, you would have learned that you were wrong.

Fine. Flame me; damage the amity of the community of bluelight; call me a moron rather than correcting me in a proper manner, simply for being slightly off on one fact in an otherwise totally legitimate argument that could have prevented somebody from having done something dangerous and potentially fatal. A certain amount of codeine will metabolize into morphine, although this certain amount is significantly lower than it would be if it goes through first-pass metabolism.

Be my guest and go shoot codeine. You may go into anaphylactic shock and die but at least you'll no longer be able to encourage others to do the same.

^ There is a difference between misinformation and harm-reduction. The former is generally not conductive to the latter.