• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

IV Codeine

jasoncrest

Bluelighter
Since Elektra agrees, here is what he has to say about IV Codeine:
(I just removed the parts about how Codeine comes in Turkey, everything about all the medications containing Codeine in Turkey, etc....)

------------------------------------------------------------

-Where is this practice common?
in Turkey

-How many milligrams do people usually shoot?
it varies. i know people shooting, up to 2000 mg. but when first started people usually IV about 20-30-50 mg. you know this depends on the persons weight etc also.

-What are your experiences with IVing Codeine?
i start IVin it with 100 or 150 mg cant remember now. by the time i started IVing it, i had a little opiate tolerance so i can handle the dose but didnt give me a good buzz, i think this is because of the little tolerance of mine. but my second IV, i IVed 300 or something, it was perfect. if a opiate virgin gonna do iv codeine one must be very careful and start very little doses i know i said usually 30-50 mg but 50 mg IV codeine may OD a 14 years old skinny school chick, noone knows. and there are not that much research on IV codeine on humans also.

lets say if someone can handle 300 mg codeine oral (liquid), 120 or 150 mg IV is ok for this person i guess - by the way the reason i say 300 mg is because the medication which people usually extract codeine here contains 30 capsules per pack.

theres another problem with IV codeine. i guess you have a huge opiate tolerance and i think you dont have codeine phosphate ampoules too so your going to do it with by cold watering from something.

when shooting small doses IVproccess isnt a big problem. but if you have a huge tolerance you have to use too much water and powder, usually 10 ml water for 300 mg is enough at least people here do this way. also you have to use very huge rigs, like 10 ml or 20 ml rigs, also if you use thin needles with big syringes the blood starts to getting clott inside the syringe and when you are shooting 10 ml of liquid into your vein those clotted blood can fuck a vein in your body - which i had experienced it in the first place, a blood clott went to my brain and i had ischemic stroke because of that (docs couldnt find out why i had stroked but they say probably because of IV codeine). if your planning to IV it be sure that the needle is not too thin.

also when iving codeine, you dont need to cook it up like H so careful with your water. people here usually use bottled water, some use just tap water without sterilizing it. drugtsores here sell sterile water, for injection use. if your stores sell it too use those waters.

-Aren't there cases of pulmonary oedema or other

i only know one person who died because of iv codeine and it wasnt from pulmonary oedema, she just shoot too much and ODed.

-complications linked to the massive histamine release?

you mean, allergic like reactions? when you shoot it, it causes extreme fever (very), exreme racing heart, blushing/reddish color on face, chest area, pins and needles thing etc some people experience strange reactions like feeling of pressure inside the hands – i did so many different opiates and never experience a thing like this before. in small doses these reactions lessen or never appear.

-does it really give a good high???

for me yes. for some people no, because of tne nasty side effects. some people dont like it some like. the strongest opiates i did were sulfenta (sulfentanil) and heroin. Of course sulfenta cant comparable to IV codeine but i found IV heroin is weaker than IV codeine. i never see anyone nod on oral codeine but when you IV it it can make you nod like H.

think twice before doing this, and prepare yourself for very strange reactions or side effects also shoot it very slowly. dont use bigger rigs than 20 ml also. when i used to do iv codeine i also ate some baby asprin for avoding clotts.

when i used to do IV codeine (did i tell you i started IVing it about 100 mg or something i cant remember cuz the pm became too long and i’m very fucked up right now sory lol) my max dose went up to 1200 mg, i needed to shot 4 times the whole dose. the fist and second shots didnt make any noticable differences but after the third one i started getting really buzzed and the last shot usually knocked me down. most of the time i only shot the 3 in a row and wait a little while then dose the last shot

i dunno what to say else, i know its one of the dangerous things to do but i see people doing it everyday and i just dunno how can they survive, if you can see those people IVing codeine here everyday you probably shocked cuz they all do it very unsterile way. they look like zombies, even worse than any heavy hookep up on h people.

AGAIN AND AGAIN ITS DANGEROUS DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK (is that the thing they say just before doing stupid dangerous things lol) be safe

^ now what do Bluelighters think about all this???

It sounds like Codeine is like any other opiate when it come to intravenous injection: dangerous in high doses, but getting you high with the usual side-effects at reasonable doses.

1. What are the real dangers of IV Codeine (what's the list of things it can cause)

2. Are the risks dose-related, or can there be a safe IV Codeine dose?

3. How IV Codeine use/abuse is documented, besides Elektra and people from Turkey experiences, are there other cases of IV Codeine abuse?

4. What about IVing Codeine with a huge dose of antihistamine?

I'm tempted to try it (like 20mg IV), but I'm on Bupe....

MODS: if this subject doesn't deserve a thread, or if you want to move it to Other Drugs, then merge it with the "Codeine Metabolism" in ADD, cause that's where it comes from. Thank you.

Ummm...

jasoncrest said:
It sounds like Codeine is like any other opiate when it come to intravenous injection: dangerous in high doses, but getting you high with the usual side-effects at reasonable doses.
jasoncrest said:
[...] when you shoot it, it causes extreme fever (very), exreme racing heart, blushing/reddish color on face, chest area, pins and needles thing etc some people experience strange reactions like feeling of pressure inside the hands – i did so many different opiates and never experience a thing like this before. [...]

To me, it definitely does not sound like any other opiate. Complications seem far more common with codeine than with the usual opioids.

Well I hope you enjoy extreme fever, and all the other seemingly pleasant side-effects that elektra mentioned.

I always thought that codeine, DHC and the -codones had way too many side-effects to be taken by any route other than oral. It is for that reason that I wouldn't inject oxycodone, or sniff it for that matter.

If you plan on doing it, I STRONGLY suggest taking a dose of antihistamine with it. Elektra's aspirin suggestion sounds good, but I don't know just how effective it is.

Also remember that you are shooting pills.

Seriously, are all these negatives worth the non-high that codeine offers?

For the record, as far as I know, the only codeine ampoules sold for IM injection are the phosphate salt. So it could very well be that the type of salt has a real effect on the severety of damage.

If you plan on doing it, I STRONGLY suggest taking a dose of antihistamine with it. Elektra's aspirin suggestion sounds good, but I don't know just how effective it is.

Er, not good at all. Aspirin is not really recommeneded in people with asthma as it can worsen the condition & if you consider that the histamine release caused by codeine causes brochioconstriction in the same manner as an asthma attack, aspirin could actually worsen any breathing problems that might occur from using codeine in this manner - possibly to the point of very unpleasant consequences

i became very paranoid about strokes and all that kinda shit after i had stroke from IV codeine, noone uses aspirin here actually.

Then why continue to use codeine via IV route - that'd be enough to put me off ever thinking of doing it again. Strokes can have incredibly serious consequences if they occur in say the medulla oblongata (controls essential functions like breathing). Even if it's not there, a stroke in somewhere like the motor cortex or Broca's area can leave you paralysed or without the ability to use language

If you want a fast onset without those inherent dangers, go for rectal admin of the codeine soln - it's nearly as fast as IM route, but a hell of a lot safer (no danger of clots, infections or other nasties associated with using 'the needle' (as it's referred to by Sherlock Holmes!)

elektra said:
jason you also be extra careful, you say your on bupe now, while on another CNS depressant IV codeine causes respiratory depression instantly. i did shot different CNS depressants at the same time before many times but never got a quick respiratory depression like IV codeine+another CNS depressant did. it just happens instantly just after IVing it

I won't shoot Codeine!
I'm on Bupe anyway.

I just wanted this to be discussed, because I thought Codeine simply COULDN'T be injected intravenously.
Now I know it can.

-----------------

I have a question about pharmacology:

What is the mechanism that makes Codeine's histamine release dangerous, but Morphine's histamine release not??

Last edited:
Codeine has a greater effect on mast cells (the ones that initiate histamine release) than morphine

What makes IV Codeine dangerous, and not IM Codeine?

Is smoked Codeine dangerous like IV, or safe like IM?
Same question for snorting.

Is IV COodeine dangerous by itself, or is there a level of hismaine release caused by IV Codeine that is not dangerous?
(if so, how many mg Codeine? 1mg IV? 10mg IV?)

(again, i'm interested in all this for information purpose only, I don't plan on shooting Codeine, I'm fin with my Bupe and the occasional Morphine)

Jamshyd said:

I always thought that codeine, DHC and the -codones had way too many side-effects to be taken by any route other than oral. It is for that reason that I wouldn't inject oxycodone, or sniff it for that matter.

Oxycodone has none of the problematic effects that codeine or DHC would have. The histamine reaction is far less than experienced with morphine, heroin, and even hydromorphone. I've never heard of or encountered side effects not present with oral administration even in extremely high doses (400-600mg IV at once), apart from the possible problems relating to the act of injecting itself.

jasoncrest said:
Of course sulfenta cant comparable to IV codeine but i found IV heroin is weaker than IV codeine.

What are all the other opiates you used, and can you compare them?

From what i read above, for you IV Sulfentanil is better than IV Codeine which is better than IV Heroin.

I think it's crazy, and hard to believe.
How can Codeine be stronger than IV H???
IV Heroin is maybe the strongest high on earth, Codeine, which you can buy everywhere OTC if you're outside the us, would be better??

Did you try Tramadol? Propoxyphene? Morphine? Oxy? Other opiates? How did they compare to IV COdeine and IV Heroin?

:)
jasoncrest said:
Since Elektra agrees, here is what he has to say about IV Codeine:
(I just removed the parts about how Codeine comes in Turkey, everything about all the medications containing Codeine in Turkey, etc....)

------------------------------------------------------------

-Where is this practice common?
in Turkey

-How many milligrams do people usually shoot?
it varies. i know people shooting, up to 2000 mg. but when first started people usually IV about 20-30-50 mg. you know this depends on the persons weight etc also.

-What are your experiences with IVing Codeine?
i start IVin it with 100 or 150 mg cant remember now. by the time i started IVing it, i had a little opiate tolerance so i can handle the dose but didnt give me a good buzz, i think this is because of the little tolerance of mine. but my second IV, i IVed 300 or something, it was perfect. if a opiate virgin gonna do iv codeine one must be very careful and start very little doses i know i said usually 30-50 mg but 50 mg IV codeine may OD a 14 years old skinny school chick, noone knows. and there are not that much research on IV codeine on humans also.

lets say if someone can handle 300 mg codeine oral (liquid), 120 or 150 mg IV is ok for this person i guess - by the way the reason i say 300 mg is because the medication which people usually extract codeine here contains 30 capsules per pack.

theres another problem with IV codeine. i guess you have a huge opiate tolerance and i think you dont have codeine phosphate ampoules too so your going to do it with by cold watering from something.

when shooting small doses IVproccess isnt a big problem. but if you have a huge tolerance you have to use too much water and powder, usually 10 ml water for 300 mg is enough at least people here do this way. also you have to use very huge rigs, like 10 ml or 20 ml rigs, also if you use thin needles with big syringes the blood starts to getting clott inside the syringe and when you are shooting 10 ml of liquid into your vein those clotted blood can fuck a vein in your body - which i had experienced it in the first place, a blood clott went to my brain and i had ischemic stroke because of that (docs couldnt find out why i had stroked but they say probably because of IV codeine). if your planning to IV it be sure that the needle is not too thin.

also when iving codeine, you dont need to cook it up like H so careful with your water. people here usually use bottled water, some use just tap water without sterilizing it. drugtsores here sell sterile water, for injection use. if your stores sell it too use those waters.

-Aren't there cases of pulmonary oedema or other

i only know one person who died because of iv codeine and it wasnt from pulmonary oedema, she just shoot too much and ODed.

-complications linked to the massive histamine release?

you mean, allergic like reactions? when you shoot it, it causes extreme fever (very), exreme racing heart, blushing/reddish color on face, chest area, pins and needles thing etc some people experience strange reactions like feeling of pressure inside the hands – i did so many different opiates and never experience a thing like this before. in small doses these reactions lessen or never appear.

-does it really give a good high???

for me yes. for some people no, because of tne nasty side effects. some people dont like it some like. the strongest opiates i did were sulfenta (sulfentanil) and heroin. Of course sulfenta cant comparable to IV codeine but i found IV heroin is weaker than IV codeine. i never see anyone nod on oral codeine but when you IV it it can make you nod like H.

think twice before doing this, and prepare yourself for very strange reactions or side effects also shoot it very slowly. dont use bigger rigs than 20 ml also. when i used to do iv codeine i also ate some baby asprin for avoding clotts.

when i used to do IV codeine (did i tell you i started IVing it about 100 mg or something i cant remember cuz the pm became too long and i’m very fucked up right now sory lol) my max dose went up to 1200 mg, i needed to shot 4 times the whole dose. the fist and second shots didnt make any noticable differences but after the third one i started getting really buzzed and the last shot usually knocked me down. most of the time i only shot the 3 in a row and wait a little while then dose the last shot

i dunno what to say else, i know its one of the dangerous things to do but i see people doing it everyday and i just dunno how can they survive, if you can see those people IVing codeine here everyday you probably shocked cuz they all do it very unsterile way. they look like zombies, even worse than any heavy hookep up on h people.

AGAIN AND AGAIN ITS DANGEROUS DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK (is that the thing they say just before doing stupid dangerous things lol) be safe

Codeine can be a particularly immunogenic drug when taken po or parenterally. The best indicator to how you will do with an iv dose of codeine is based on your reaction to po codeine. If you take 360 mgs po and start itching your head off, I would advise against it. If you do not seem to have much of an immunogenic response to po codeine, then you are able to try the first shot.

For the first shot, I would not recommend doing more than about 30 mgs iv. If this does not bother you, then you can keep doubling the dose until you get to where you want to be at.

I know with my body, iv acetyl codeine, or codeine HCl or Phosphate, both are OK until I start getting to about 250 - 300 mgs, and then the immunogenic response is too intense. The same thing happens to me with about 600 mgs of morphine HCl from Sigma-Aldrich or 400 mgs of morphine from an MS Contin.

MobiusDick

How long does it take to start working this way? If I got a pure lab grade powder, this should yield any nasty side effects from binders in pills. Is it really worth it if my tolerance is so huge that 800mg of codeine i.m. only puts off morphine withdrawal? I'm keen on trying anyway.

jasoncrest said:
What makes IV Codeine dangerous, and not IM Codeine?

Is smoked Codeine dangerous like IV, or safe like IM?
Same question for snorting.

Is IV COodeine dangerous by itself, or is there a level of hismaine release caused by IV Codeine that is not dangerous?
(if so, how many mg Codeine? 1mg IV? 10mg IV?)

(again, i'm interested in all this for information purpose only, I don't plan on shooting Codeine, I'm fin with my Bupe and the occasional Morphine)

Anyone?

Why does IV codeine cause pulmonary edemas? Are they common? (doesn't seem like it from elektra's post)

Why? Massive histamine reaction. Just like you can get from other allergen-type reactions. Codeine degranulates mast cells.

Histamine constricts the airways (bronchioles) and also makes the blood vessels 'leaky', allowing plasma to pool in the lung tissue. In conjunction with having incredibly constricted airways, it can become life-threatening very quiclky.

adder said:
How long does it take to start working this way? If I got a pure lab grade powder, this should yield any nasty side effects from binders in pills. Is it really worth it if my tolerance is so huge that 800mg of codeine i.m. only puts off morphine withdrawal? I'm keen on trying anyway.

No, codeine or morphine is not worth the effort, iv or otherwise.

MobiusDick:(

Last edited:
fastandbulbous said:
Histamine constricts the airways (bronchioles) and also makes the blood vessels 'leaky', allowing plasma to pool in the lung tissue. In conjunction with having incredibly constricted airways, it can become life-threatening very quiclky.

this can happen to sensitive people with iv morphine too

i think one could inject codeine with a potent anti-histamine in the mix but thats just me thinking out loud

i shot 15 mg of ethylmorphine and 15 mg of methylmorphine al it did was give me a red vein just like with morphine and the itchies

MobiusDick said:
No, codeine or morphine is not worth the effort, iv or otherwise.

MobiusDick:(

They're both enough injected i.m. for a non-tolerant person. Anyway, I'm quite surprised with an opinion i.v.'ed codeine feels better than morphine or heroin. The feeling it gives i.m.'ed feels dirtier first of all.