• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

IV Clonazolam

@ErgicMergic I was tired of waiting for the come up. I took clonazolam when it felt needed for anxiety/sleep and by the time it kicked in my anxiety would be gone (would just take a few hrs before bed)

Also thought this was a harm reduction forum? I asked for the safest way to do so, not for a whole bunch of hate. Thanks to those who did try to help, it is greatly appreciated though to others you just made it harder to find the comments for harm reduction that I was looking for.

Lol? Clonazolam is known for its very long come up and half life. I got sick of waiting an hour to feel effects and the half life isn't always wanted. I have some serious questions to ask you if anything.

??????????????????????

Clonazolam is extremely fast acting (15 - 60 minutes to onset via oral ROA)) and has a medium duration of action (6 - 12) hours so either your body responds to it in a totally different manner to the majority of the remaining population or your describing another benzodiazepine entirely (Clonazepam perhaps? - which fits your description of onset and duration more closely)

The only other explanation could be due to abusing it at high levels over a period of time. It's possibly one of the most potent (by weight) benzodiazepines in existence so if you have been hammering more than a mg or 2 on a daily basis your tolerance will have shot up faster than a Saturn V rocket, which may explain the frankly paradoxical description you are giving regarding the drugs effect on you.

Last edited:
I did have a very big tolerance to it but you just explained what I said? "15-60 mins to come up" I said an hour... hour =60 minutes... was anywhere from 50-60 mins for me everytime except when I first got it was like 30 mins.

And I said CLONAZOLAM not clonazepam I am no fool when it comes to these substances. Also I found the half life longer then 12hrs, do you have anything backing up the information you have listed? Never once has anyone including me said its last less then 6 hours and doses were anywhere from .6mg-3mg (pretty accurate scale) .6mg for noobies. And yes im aware .6 is still high but me and others have done many benzos before including clonazolam and start to like it towards the 1mg area.

Okay I agree with the above posters as far as iv's redundancy, oral ba, and benzo's water solubility.. but I think the OP already knows these things, and is intent on doing it anyway. Now that he's gotten an earful of HR, can we find him a tek on how to do break the benzo down?

- Hopeless 7nos

Now dont get me wrong, if I was the first one in this thread, I would have posted a "don't do it", HR filled post lol

-hs

I did have a very big tolerance to it but you just explained what I said? "15-60 mins to come up" I said an hour... hour =60 minutes... was anywhere from 50-60 mins for me everytime except when I first got it was like 30 mins.

And I said CLONAZOLAM not clonazepam I am no fool when it comes to these substances. Also I found the half life longer then 12hrs, do you have anything backing up the information you have listed? Never once has anyone including me said its last less then 6 hours and doses were anywhere from .6mg-3mg (pretty accurate scale) .6mg for noobies. And yes im aware .6 is still high but me and others have done many benzos before including clonazolam and start to like it towards the 1mg area.

I have anecdotal experiences from hundreds of board members, people who I have been with in real life who have used it and my own extensive experience with the drug that while may not be hard fact, is a large enough consensus to qualify my description of it's general effect profile.

you can't be expected to rely on the experiences of others so try this for size...

http://drugs.tripsit.me/clonazolam

and, although it's not the best resource, how about

https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Clonazolam

You say that when you first starting using them they took about 30 mins to take effect, where now it's over an hour? I think some ones been overdoing them, especially considering that he's stared a post asking how to IV the stuff. I'm the biggest benzo pig on the planet and a user of IV drugs (heroin) but never have I been desperate enough to consider mainlining any benzo that isn't already in a parm grade injectable preparation.

Eh its more or less I want faster onset when having anxiety attacks. Specially because I just had a seizure from benzo withdrawals and the slow rate of action scares me because I may seize waiting for effects to ease my withdrawals.

And yes im quite aware of all risks with doing this thats why I had asked you guys for the most proper way to do so.

Though its something id like to try more then of something i'd make a habit from just iv when im looking for effects immediately, I don't understand why some of you have a hard time accepting that.

I wish I could find you a tek, but I can't. The one thing I do know, is the people that do it, use a USP grade solvent, but I don't know how much they use and other variables ect. ect.

- Hopeless 7nos

Im having trouble finding one too :( thanks for all the help though it is greatly appreciated!

Eh its more or less I want faster onset when having anxiety attacks. Specially because I just had a seizure from benzo withdrawals and the slow rate of action scares me because I may seize waiting for effects to ease my withdrawals.

And yes im quite aware of all risks with doing this thats why I had asked you guys for the most proper way to do so.

Though its something id like to try more then of something i'd make a habit from just iv when im looking for effects immediately, I don't understand why some of you have a hard time accepting that.

iDab - were not here to judge - you have stated the nature of your query and as 7nos and other posters have stated if anybody has a relatively safe technique on how to use this drug via this ROA then I am sure they will provide information on the specifics - my input was simply in order to try and set the record straight regarding this drugs effect profile and naturally it's a human concern that you are intent to use this drug in this way as judging by a lot of the responses within this thread most people would not take the risk in the first place.

However, I have practised and engaged in dangerous, risky and ill advised drug taking behaviour myself and am not in any position to condone or condemn what choices other people make. As such I do not find it hard to accept in the slightest - I and others have simply queried why such extreme behaviour is necessary regarding your choice of poison and the ROA you intend to use.

I understand that but I still never stated I was gonna do it just looking for the safest way to go about it if my friends or I were to do it. I personally do not like using needles too much as I have a shakey hand and it interferes. I was curious though, and would maybe like to try one time. Live and learn.

Toss it in some PG and plug it. You'll come up in about five minutes. Why go to the trouble of IV'ing it? PG and anything else you could dissolve it in isn't the kindest on your veins and it seems like a waste of them to me....

I'll make my preaching brief. Some drugs are just naturally prone to injection use. Heroin is about twice as powerful when injected that the next most popular route, insufflation. The rush is great and everything, but economics are what ultimately drove myself and many others to the needle. Many drugs are more potent when used parenterally, so people skirt the risk and use this ROA. Addiction and the inevitable lack of money makes injection use significantly more attractive.

Now, Benzodiazepines are so much different. First, the novelty of a rush is non-existent. The effects come on quickly, within seconds, but just like with oral use, they are subtle. Within one minute, you're inexactly the same place you would be if you had taken the drug orally. The second reason is that in general, Benzodiazepines have favorable oral Bioavailability, my point being that you're not even getting "more bang for your buck" by using this ROA. Why take the risk? It's not worth it...

Alas, I just want to make sure you're informed and am assuming you'll do it anyway. In a medical setting, most commonly Benzodiazepines are held in a solution of Propylene Glycol among a few other choice ingredients like Sodium Benzoate and Alcohol. If it were me, I would be trying to mimic the formula used in pharmaceutical Benzodiazepine injections. Bear in mind there are a few Benzodiazepines that are water soluble, but their presence out on the street is pretty rare compared to the non-soluble ones (Clonazepam, Alprazolam, Lorazepam etc.).

I really can't speak for Clonazolam specifically, but I know that when I received IV Diazepam (Valium) in the hospital on a few occasions, it was especially hard on my veins and even caused one to collapse after a few days of constant injections. A nurse at one point in my stay put in my IV incorrectly (outside of the vein) and proceeded to give me a syringe of Diazepam solution and it hurt more than any other substance I've ever missed. I can only imagine that other members of the Benzodiazepine family are hard on the veins, but I don't know.

For a more educated person: Does the non-water-soluble nature of Benzodiazepines contribute to the harshness of the drug on tissue?

As far as I know it's what it needs to be dissolved in that's not nice to your veins. That's why I suggested plugging it. Like everyone states they'll never give you a rush but since your "looking to decrease the length of the onset", it'll do just that.

Rush or not, injecting clonazolam is by far the most fun way to do. Firstly you will require some propylene glycol to dissolve the clonaz into a solution. Make sure you shake for more than a few minutes until clonazolam is completely dissolved. If you have any idea on what dosage you'd like to start off on, i do suggest an accurate IV solution. There are many advantages injecting Clonazolam, not to mention the absolute anger, irrititbility and amnesia that follows moderate doses. The common dangerous phenomenon is turning 10ft tall and bullet-proof. This state of Invisibility will slowly start to fade off leaving you vulnerable to gun shot wounds, Jail and got and forbid average women.

Like i've said, it's extrememely important to never run out unless you like the Cop Shop.

I'll make my preaching brief. Some drugs are just naturally prone to injection use. Heroin is about twice as powerful when injected that the next most popular route, insufflation. The rush is great and everything, but economics are what ultimately drove myself and many others to the needle. Many drugs are more potent when used parenterally, so people skirt the risk and use this ROA. Addiction and the inevitable lack of money makes injection use significantly more attractive.

Now, Benzodiazepines are so much different. First, the novelty of a rush is non-existent. The effects come on quickly, within seconds, but just like with oral use, they are subtle. Within one minute, you're inexactly the same place you would be if you had taken the drug orally. The second reason is that in general, Benzodiazepines have favorable oral Bioavailability, my point being that you're not even getting "more bang for your buck" by using this ROA. Why take the risk? It's not worth it...

Alas, I just want to make sure you're informed and am assuming you'll do it anyway. In a medical setting, most commonly Benzodiazepines are held in a solution of Propylene Glycol among a few other choice ingredients like Sodium Benzoate and Alcohol. If it were me, I would be trying to mimic the formula used in pharmaceutical Benzodiazepine injections. Bear in mind there are a few Benzodiazepines that are water soluble, but their presence out on the street is pretty rare compared to the non-soluble ones (Clonazepam, Alprazolam, Lorazepam etc.).

I really can't speak for Clonazolam specifically, but I know that when I received IV Diazepam (Valium) in the hospital on a few occasions, it was especially hard on my veins and even caused one to collapse after a few days of constant injections. A nurse at one point in my stay put in my IV incorrectly (outside of the vein) and proceeded to give me a syringe of Diazepam solution and it hurt more than any other substance I've ever missed. I can only imagine that other members of the Benzodiazepine family are hard on the veins, but I don't know.

For a more educated person: Does the non-water-soluble nature of Benzodiazepines contribute to the harshness of the drug on tissue?

When I worked as a registered nurse, when giving parenteral benzodiazpine preparations, they all had to be given IV as Diazepam for instance, the 2nd most common of the 2 benzos we used to administer in this manner, was unsuitable for IM injection as even dissolved it was a less effective ROA than oral due to it's erratic and unpredictable absorption from the muscle into the bloodstream. As I worked with patients who suffered from severe and enduring psychotic illnesses we often would have to enforce treatment on them using the legislation covering the care of such patients at the time. Unfortunately, most of these cases would involve the use of neuroleptics and benzodiazepines in order to rapidly sedate patients who were behaving in a dangerous manner to themselves and others.

The treatment in such instances would usually involve administering an extremely powerful version of the neuroleptic zuclopenthixol known as Clopixol Acuphase which would heavily sedate the patient for 18 - 30 hours while reducing the positive symptoms of their psychosis. However, the Acuphase would take up to 120 minutes to start working, so we would co - administer 2mg of Lorazepam for quick sedation while waiting for the antipsychotic to work.

Sadly, in a lot of these cases we had to restrain the patients (which would involve a team of 5 other nurses as we are not allowed to use mechanical restraints in acute mental health settings in the UK such as straitjackets and the like) so even once we had the patient safe and immobile, we could not prevent them from struggling or hold them completely still. This meant that the only option for parenteral administration of the above mentioned medicines would be to give them IM in one of the large muscles in their bum or on their upper legs, as due to the patients movement any attempt at safely administering a drug IV was impossible.

However, the lorazepam, as well as having a good effect profile for this purpose was also the only benzodiazepine that we could give IM as it did not have the absorption problems that other injectable benzodiazepines had. Even so, when preparing the drug we had to dilute it with the same amount of water before admin (all of our injectable lorazepam came in the form of 2mg per 2ml 'Ativan' ampoules for injection so if the full dose was to be given 2mls of water would have to be added beforehand)

So, even the pharm grade injectable preparations of the benzodiazepines we used were not, by advice of general academia and the National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE), very efficient to use in most cases and it was always best practise to administer oral benzo preps wherever possible.

So, as most benzos are usually only injected in the case of emergencies within medical practise, patients who take them regularly always used tablets or elixirs so no body was ever given them by injection on a regular basis. So, while I cannot answer your question Keif, the discouragement of regular injections of these drugs does suggest that they probably don't do any favours to the quality of you wiring in one way or another.

Last edited:
Iving benzos is such a dumb idea i have no idea, why this constantly gets brought up.... Everyone knows the Oral BA 85-90% and one of the better and if u want faster induction. Just put it under your tongue, it will kick in faster that way... But there is just too many cons that out way the pros of iving benzodiazepines. Even with wheel filters your taken a big risk.. Benzos if not in ampules or through an iv at the hospital should not be used intravenously.

Thus the above is my opinion, im sure many will agree. But everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Thankyou.

I have had experience with IVing clonazolam and flubromazolam. In PG form of course.

Not worth it, as I became extremely delusional on top of the huge oral dose I had already taken. I have a horror trip report, I could've died in multiple situations for the decisions I was making. Apparently I drove my wheeler around town, not sure how I was able to change gears or know what I'm doing but I did. Anyway,

It's not easy going in, not that it hurts to IV, you just know it's not meant to be. And your arms react quite interestingly. (Maybe I missed, wouldn't know) but yea those track marks lasted a while even tho it was a 29 gauge.

When I worked as a registered nurse, when giving parenteral benzodiazpine preparations, they all had to be given IV as Diazepam for instance, the 2nd most common of the 2 benzos we used to administer in this manner, was unsuitable for IM injection as even dissolved it was a less effective ROA than oral due to it's erratic and unpredictable absorption from the muscle into the bloodstream. As I worked with patients who suffered from severe and enduring psychotic illnesses we often would have to enforce treatment on them using the legislation covering the care of such patients at the time. Unfortunately, most of these cases would involve the use of neuroleptics and benzodiazepines in order to rapidly sedate patients who were behaving in a dangerous manner to themselves and others.

The treatment in such instances would usually involve administering an extremely powerful version of the neuroleptic zuclopenthixol known as Clopixol Acuphase which would heavily sedate the patient for 18 - 30 hours while reducing the positive symptoms of their psychosis. However, the Acuphase would take up to 120 minutes to start working, so we would co - administer 2mg of Lorazepam for quick sedation while waiting for the antipsychotic to work.

Sadly, in a lot of these cases we had to restrain the patients (which would involve a team of 5 other nurses as we are not allowed to use mechanical restraints in acute mental health settings in the UK such as straitjackets and the like) so even once we had the patient safe and immobile, we could not prevent them from struggling or hold them completely still. This meant that the only option for parenteral administration of the above mentioned medicines would be to give them IM in one of the large muscles in their bum or on their upper legs, as due to the patients movement any attempt at safely administering a drug IV was impossible.

However, the lorazepam, as well as having a good effect profile for this purpose was also the only benzodiazepine that we could give IM as it did not have the absorption problems that other injectable benzodiazepines had. Even so, when preparing the drug we had to dilute it with the same amount of water before admin (all of our injectable lorazepam came in the form of 2mg per 2ml 'Ativan' ampoules for injection so if the full dose was to be given 2mls of water would have to be added beforehand)

So, even the pharm grade injectable preparations of the benzodiazepines we used were not, by advice of general academia and the National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE), very efficient to use in most cases and it was always best practise to administer oral benzo preps wherever possible.

So, as most benzos are usually only injected in the case of emergencies within medical practise, patients who take them regularly always used tablets or elixirs so no body was ever given them by injection on a regular basis. So, while I cannot answer your question Keif, the discouragement of regular injections of these drugs does suggest that they probably don't do any favours to the quality of you wiring in one way or another.
We use ketamine for this state side, it's on almost every ambulance, and every jail. and I've know some people that will purposefully act belligerent, to go to the k-hole! Lol

- Hopeless 7nos