• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

IV Black Tar Heroin: Having Some Problems...

I know that. In my experience it doesn't bother me. I only do six times max if I'm getting lower on rigs. But I usually don't even go that far. Its only when I'm having a lot of trouble and am low on needles. Otherwise I can usually hit a vein in the first or second try. Which is surprising for how long I've been doing this for.

How would you expect it to "bother" you? Its essentially just creating a shredding/micro-shearing effect that causes scarring and tissue build up in your veins. Its really destructive and will leave you with little to no options for IVing eventually.

Just so you know, re-using a needle 6 times isn't safe or smart.

You may have seen this picture around, but if not, this is what you're doing to your veins when not using a fresh needle each time:

needle-deterioration.jpg

I think that just about every person who uses needles or has used needles knows this. But sometimes hitting is a complex ritual and luck isn't a very common attribute especially for newbies or people with very few to absolute zero good injection sites (absolutely not counting the jugular or femoral vein cause that's just absolutely stupidly dangerous to do on your own or to have done by someone who is not a professional despite the fact I've had people shoot me up in my neck plenty of times haha) but anyway sometimes (sometimes incredibly more than others) we have not so good of luck either depending on what luck itself depends on or depending on the condition of the venous system due to legal and/or illegal IV drug use frequency, gear condition (as in clean or reused rigs), injection skills, and finally the type of drug/purity/cuts in with it. Some people like myself had a shitty selection of good veins with lots of destroyed, disappeared, or damaged veins that do not or will not work. But I was usually pretty god damned good at hitting. In my own opinion it's a lot easier to hit someone else as long as your good at hitting yourself and or others then it is to hit oneself. I RARELY trusted another person to hit me but yeah there are so many variables in this (ANYWAY, sorry about the rambling I found 40 Mg's dextroamphetamine tablets and took em so that explains perfectly why I keep getting side tracked in this post) but the reason I would save cleans is because I predominately bought my supply with cash from the pharmacy and they're expensive especially at big owned chain pharmacies like rite aid or Walgreens and a 10 pack of cleans for $5 something is ridiculous (only ever found one chain of pharmacies that at the pharmacists discretion could sell insulin syringes at as little as 1 at a time for like 50 cents a piece) so ten wouldn't last long at all sometimes I'd get it on one poke and draw and sometimes I'd fuck up 5 rigs before even getting a teeny register (although missing was a rarity I did have an occasional habit of dulling rigs out so much it was too painful to reuse) but that's what the point of what I was saying was. If you're going to reuse the rig which every junkie I know has/does do so then attempt a disinfection/sterilization of it using extremely diluted bleach/ammonia water solution with HOT water and rinse extremely well and generally I would only save them if they were even worthy of doing so which is not always all that easy to determine the worth of it. Reusing needles isn't sterile at all but if you are OCD and/or can pretend to be then that is one thing you should be OCD about. But you know what the messed up part is about my rant about this? Toward the end I completely gave up on caring about shit being sterile. I have actually NEVER gotten an abscess that didn't heal up and go away on its own. With black tar you cook and boil the shit which is shown to be more close to sterile than other forms of heroin due to the high temps with the preparation to inject it and so therefore I rarely ever was worried about an abscess being or becoming a problem. And I'm a smart cookie. I often took antibiotics if it didn't start shrinking on its own or with plenty of hot water applications and it would always go away without problem. The one and only time I ever got an abscess that was problematic was from injecting meth. That shit is so dirty and such a crude and corrosive chemical that for one its so bad for you taken in any route (even at "therapeutic" doses, in my own damned opinion it is incredibly bad for you) and it causes infection at the injection site I'd say about 98% of the time unless medical grade which I don't think is even available for injection and if it is then the US or wherever else is just senseless. But that abscess was pretty bad and I had to take antibiotics four days before it even started to shrink a little. But in my experience with dope (heroin is dope to me) Black Tar is the more sterile form of heroin for injection discounting whatever it is cut with/used as a filler, etc. point of what I was saying is this: despite how clean I was toward the last 8 months I NEVER used an alcohol wipe (though I rarely did prior to that but I generally always had hand sanitizer I applied first if the thought came to mind) and I just got less and less careful (injecting black with lots of blood in it into my muscle, all the while never worried about an abscess forming cause it never did or reusing needles over and over and sometimes sit for hours poking trying to register a vein with a needle that has begun to dull more and more after each poke) because in my at the time 8 years of heroin addiction I never got an infection to worry about, and I probably wouldn't worry at all even if I was still using. And although I'm telling you all this I do not recommend it to anyone. The only reason why I'm so sure of myself is because I've always had an incredibly aggressive and very efficient immune system. I hardly ever got anything worse than a 2-3 day cold except for the 2 times in my life I ever got anything more than that and it was the flu. The most horrible flu. But like I said, always had a great immune system. I do know however that if I continued to use over the years that my immune system would start to (unless it already has started to) deteriorate. Anyway. I took probably 20 mg too much dextroamphetamine for my first dose in a few weeks. I'm done now! Haha gosh it usually doesnt affect me this strong. Ha wow this post is too much sorry!

I always used to use clean points, then I moved to a place that was considered a "closed county"....meaning you can't buy them w/o a script. So....I started using using and reusing them. We'd sharpen them on matchboxes. I know...pretty stupid. And trust, I pay for it now. Pretty much the only veins I can hit are in my neck, Sucks.