• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

IV Black Tar Heroin: Having Some Problems...

ccm said:
Did not read all the replies but the cut in any drug you IV can and will tear your arms up. I have scars and abcess scars from both boy and girl. It is part of the game. My dad is a doctor. I showed him a horrible abcess on my lower back leg (I gave a story) and he said to put a damp washcloth in a baggie, heat it in the microwave, and keep heat on it. The heat increases the blood flow there and whisks the bad stuff away to be detoxified and eliminated.

And you do briefly boil tar H. He steered you right. I am fervently hopeful that you used a filter 'cause a lot or most H is from Mexico/processed there and is filthy.

I think Bob Dylan said,
"if you don't think there is a price for this sweet paradise remind me to show you the scars."

Absolutely, I always, always use a filter. Yeah that stuff can be nasty. Especially where I'm located, the shit has probably passed hands about 10 times before it gets to me. Thank you for the reply, I've never really had any bad abscesses yet, although the creases in my arm are pretty tore up from past use.

And yeah, methadone is a bitch. If someone would have told me i was going to gain over 50 pounds on methadone I would have had some second thoughts.

Mr Blonde said:
^ Let me say then you prepared yourself good for the process then; it's something that shouldn't be taken lightly and needs to have a bit known about it before attempting, and it sounds like you approached with a lot of common sense.

HR FTW.

Thank you for the support, it definently isn't something to be taken lightly, I don't appreciate being told I don't have common sense because since the first time I ever even tried marijuana I spent days reading up on the side effects and what to expect. I pride myself on knowing all the details of what I should be doing, and if I don't feel like I'm doing it right I'm glad there is a place like this where I can freely ask other people who have been in my situation for advice. ;)

Oh, and sorry about not editing the personal information myself, including the price. That's why I shouldn't start threads after taking xanax.

Last edited:
Oh, and as far as the "wisdom" of some posters, you *will* get little needle hole marks when you inject even with new needles no matter how slick you are. I do not have "tracks" after 20 years of fixing because I use new needles, but my arms and legs and chest sure get bruised up after a run. I wash on the daily with soap and water those areas in particular and after a week of no use they are gone. I don't think you meant tracks as much as bruising, am I correct? Unless you are getting pharmaceutical quality boy or girl you *will* get bruising, EVEN IF YOU ARE IN THE VEIN THE WHOLE TIME YOU RUN IT.

Be careful taking the Xanax with the H. A lot of ppl have woken up dead that way. Take Xanax before you are going to IV coke if anything (lol) to prevent your bloood pressure from soaring.

altitudes said:
Shit, you started out by trying to IV half a xx bag without knowing the potency? I know you need a little bit more than usual to get off because of the methadone, but damn. Start off a little smaller to be safe.

***Removed price. - Mr Blonde***

Better two holes in your arm than one in the ground.

TheodoreRoosevelt said:
Of course you have problems hitting veins if your a fat lardball.

L2LOSEWEIGHT

I'm not even really fat, i'm 6"4 I just used to be a twig before I got on methadone and was used to having veins popping out everywhere, but methadone's a bitch. Click on my profile, the pic of me next to the waterfall is about 4-5 months old, I weigh about 15 lbs more than I did then and I looked like I hadn't eaten in years in that picture. But thanks for the constructive post buddy!

ccm said:
Better two holes in your arm than one in the ground.

I didn't do an even remotely dangerous amount. I'm on 95mg of methadone and the bag I did half of was a really small bag, I could have done the whole thing and still not felt much of anything. I just felt what you could barely call a rush, really more of just a weird sensation, the methadone blocked most of it. I'm not exactly messing with the best stuff in the world here in Oklahoma.

Oooh man that's bad. Sorry for that post, it was supposed to be edited because I was going to post a picture I made on Paint, but since I was actually on a highway using a laptop using a mobile phone connection, it crapped out when I was in 'Dark Territory".

Real sorry for that, it wasn't even meant to be posted...

Same Boat, different sea...

Last year I started methadone after an OD of H, OC, Xannies, coke, and E. The docs at the hospital said I had GHB in my syst as well, which was probably slipped into one of my drinks.

Anyway, my advice if you want keep using, is to get off that fucking methadone. I was up to 140mg/day...its more expensive than a dope habit, and has MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, worse withdrawals. I was sick for a month with the shits, chills, etc. For me, I see no point in using when your on methadone...I could NEVER get off while on, so I just went back to booting coke and meth.

My advice is to stop the BS meth, and if you still want to use find new injection spots. Be careful though, because when you come off of methadone your tolerance is significantly reduced, and OD is quite likely.

Im a runner with great veins, but they are all fucked up....It takes me a long time to tap a vein, and they are big and thick. The thing is I was pushin my veins 10 times a day with all diff kinds of drugs from H to Meth, to Ritalin, and so on.

Finally my veins are back.....the best thing to is run, lift wieghts with HIGH REPS, and rotate sites.

I wish you the best bro.....I just spent, 20 min trying to register a shot with big veins that are so scarred they just collapse.

Ziggy

You shouldn't have to try that many times. I would advise losing some weight, doing muscular and cardiovascular exercises in order to help your veins return to the surface.

But I like the fact you're switching from methadone to heroin. If you're going to use mu-agonists, you might as well be doing heroin (or your personal favorite).

this thread is ancient guys, im sure the OP hasnt checked this for a while.

i also took out the abusive posts.

lol, wow yeah I haven't looked at this thread in a long ass time. I haven't even done heroin since a few days after I made this thread. Sorry for bumping it again, just thought it was funny to see it up here again.

Problems with veins and black tar

Hey,

I see that this topic is really old, but I wanted to add something about this for anyone else who is looking for an answer to the problems with tar heroin and your veins. In one word: Sclerosis

The Health Risks of Black Tar Heroin Addiction

In addition to all the standard health problems associated with heroin use, there are a number of conditions unique to the use of black tar heroin that make it one of the most dangerous forms of the drug in the world. Specifically, individuals who use black tar heroin are at risk for developing sclerosis, a hardening of the veins that makes injections almost impossible in the affected area and negatively impacts the circulation of the individual. Also, there are a number of serious bacterial infections associated with black tar heroin abuse, any one of which can be fatal.

(above from http://heroin.net/types-of-heroin/the-dangers-of-black-tar-heroin/)

I used tar for years, IV. After about two years or so, this happened to me. I spent the next 3 or 4 years searching in vain for a vein. I have scars all over my legs, arms and other places due to the abscesses I got from misses and shooting IM. I liked to occasionally speedball as well and IM just doesn't work for speedballs. The doctors (when I need a blood draw or and IV) simply cannot find a usable vein either and have to run a picc line from my armpit to my heart.

I'm 5 years clean after getting busted for selling (had to to support that habit). My best advice for shooting tar? DON"T. If you can't quit (which is the best option of course), the switch to powder, methadone or buprenorphine - just run from that tar. Don't feel sorry for me, I did it to myself but I don't want anyone else to go through it if they can help it.

A lot of people have also ended up dead taking Methadone with Xanax,especially when taking a higher than normaly prescribed amount of Xanax..

You only need about 4mg's of klonopin or xanax for the effect of a strong opiate to get magnified to a extreme level. You can get a black out/OD rush. (if you enjoy that)

The line is very fine when your start adding potent benzo's with potent opiates. Anything over 2mg's with a high dose of a strong opiate is dangerous. If your just taking weak opiates like hydrocodone, the effects of that will even be magnified.

It's fun, but be careful. And no matter what your tolerance is never take more then 4mg's of klonopin/xanax with strong opiates.

these "bubbles" that you are talking about....

Are they kind of like a tiny bug bite?

or are they actually bubbles (like a blister or something)

I usually get tiny bug bite looking marks if i use a needle larger than 31g

And dont feel bad... I have had days where I have had to go BACK to the pharmacy to buy another 10 pack of rigs because of having trouble hitting veins....

your technique will get much better in time.

Anyway, my advice if you want keep using, is to get off that fucking methadone. I was up to 140mg/day...its more expensive than a dope habit,

You must be getting some inexpensive dope, or not using a lot. Methadone is definitely not as expensive as a dope habit. You are right about the WD's, they are fucking horrible on the 'done.

Just don't IM a shot with blood and tar in it. Say you were trying to hit a vein, have blood in it but never registered with a vein fully, and you give up but don't want to waste the shot? Well, I've muscled tar so many times, and yeah I have a lump on my arm from where an abscess used to be. But I've done it so many times. Just make sure you are NOT IMing dirty tar, with all the particles around in it. I refuse to do that shit anymore. Just be careful. But IMing isn't that bad, with tar, depending on the quality or batch it burn like a mother fucker or it can just feel like you're getting a saline injection. It really just all depends. But really, IVing is the best, just be patient. And make sure you rotate veins and rotate to clean unused rigs after trying to hit a few times and failing. That always helps. I'll usually only use a rig up to six times, and then put it in a new one. It helps a LOT. And when I say six times, I mean six pokes. I never reuse a needle after that unless I absolutely have to, and that is rare. Just be careful and smart about it.

Just don't IM a shot with blood and tar in it. Say you were trying to hit a vein, have blood in it but never registered with a vein fully, and you give up but don't want to waste the shot? Well, I've muscled tar so many times, and yeah I have a lump on my arm from where an abscess used to be. But I've done it so many times. Just make sure you are NOT IMing dirty tar, with all the particles around in it. I refuse to do that shit anymore. Just be careful. But IMing isn't that bad, with tar, depending on the quality or batch it burn like a mother fucker or it can just feel like you're getting a saline injection. It really just all depends. But really, IVing is the best, just be patient. And make sure you rotate veins and rotate to clean unused rigs after trying to hit a few times and failing. That always helps. I'll usually only use a rig up to six times, and then put it in a new one. It helps a LOT. And when I say six times, I mean six pokes. I never reuse a needle after that unless I absolutely have to, and that is rare. Just be careful and smart about it.

Just so you know, re-using a needle 6 times isn't safe or smart.

You may have seen this picture around, but if not, this is what you're doing to your veins when not using a fresh needle each time:

needle-deterioration.jpg