is this reality?

I disagree, window licker... We are told by society to strive for our happiness, and classical philosophy (on which our modern ideals and political systems are based) states this as our mission. But we are always striving, there are always goals to achieve. 99% of the people you ask will tell you they're not where they want to be, yet.
I think it's when people blind themselves to truth and meaning, and become numb with social anesthetics, that misery and pain are inevitable. People tend to want to keep their minds busy with the day to day hustle toward some end...happiness, I guess... and avoid looking at what this world really offers us.
Is this reality? A great question that we shouldn't be afraid to ponder.
All that really matters is that our Bibles are reality!!! The rest matters but for a very short time. And even if reality is awful, dreadful and tragic... God can change it. He can literally do anything and everything. That’s the reality we ought to be living in. But the thing about it is, if we love God, the tragedy is okay. What if we have to live one crisis after another, one illness after another: what if THAT is the price we pay for loving God? People often think prosperity is in store for those who love God and I do not doubt that it is, for some. But for others, what if it’s the opposite? Are we willing to accept pain in this life in order to be with God and worship him wholly and purely for all eternity?
It is a question all Christians better be sure of before and incase we ever encounter persecution. If someone threatened to kill you for believing in God, if you lied and said you didn’t in order to stay alive - WHAT PURPOSE THEN IS YOUR EXISTENCE?! Better to go on and be with the Lord, a moment to be cherished and anticipated, not dreaded. The death of the saints is a sweet aroma to the Lord.

I personally think that this is the only true rabbit hole (e.g. a question that truly does not have an answer).