• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

is there really such thing as ecstasy that only flashes purple when you marquis reagent test it?(feeling anxious after taking certain presses)

They are just vitamins. Should not have any negative interaction with other supplements. You may want to stop taking 5HTP if you are having issues with anxiety. See if that has an impact on how you feel.
And you would buy one of each of these and wear them both? Do they stay on during exercise?

Yeah, they stay on really well. My partner will even wear 2 D patches and 1 B patch all at the same time. Also, Patch MD has sales all the time, if you watch, you will be able to buy them at 35 or 40% off.

I think probably meth or amphetamine. I have seen a result like that before with a pill.
Are you saying you've tested pressed pills that only flashed purple? I assumed what made ecstasy "ecstasy" is the fact that stuff is mixed into it. but I realize you guys are saying ideally in theory it should all just be mdma. I assume pressed pills that test only for MDMA are extremely rare.

Last edited:
Yeah, they stay on really well. My partner will even wear 2 D patches and 1 B patch all at the same time. Also, Patch MD has sales all the time, if you watch, you will be able to buy them at 35 or 40% off.
went ahead and ordered

Are you saying you've tested pressed pills that only flashed purple? I assumed what made ecstasy "ecstasy" is the fact that stuff is mixed into it. but I realize you guys are saying ideally in theory it should all just be mdma. I assume pressed pills that test only for MDMA are extremely rare.

Yes, I have tested many pressed pills that had only a purple result.

You ought to browse the results here:

Drugs Data/Ecstasy Data tests all kinds of drugs, not just ecstasy, you you may need to scroll quite a bit to see results for ecstasy pills.

MDMA only pills are quite common. That is what ecstasy is supposed to be. Anything other than MDMA is NOT ecstasy, it is an adulterant that should not be there.

It would be like if you went out and bought Tylenol. It should contain acetaminophen. If it contained something else, well, it would not be Tylenol.

Yes, you are correct that an MDMA only pill will only react purple. You can see that in detail when you click on the individual reports, like here:

To further confuse all of this, there are many "copy cat" pills that seek to imitate a known, good pill. So, maybe originally Teslas were only MDMA and had a good reputation, then people started copying them and including adulterants in the pills.

Yes, I have tested many pressed pills that had only a purple result.

You ought to browse the results here:

Drugs Data/Ecstasy Data tests all kinds of drugs, not just ecstasy, you you may need to scroll quite a bit to see results for ecstasy pills.

MDMA only pills are quite common. That is what ecstasy is supposed to be. Anything other than MDMA is NOT ecstasy, it is an adulterant that should not be there.

It would be like if you went out and bought Tylenol. It should contain acetaminophen. If it contained something else, well, it would not be Tylenol.

Yes, you are correct that an MDMA only pill will only react purple. You can see that in detail when you click on the individual reports, like here:

To further confuse all of this, there are many "copy cat" pills that seek to imitate a known, good pill. So, maybe originally Teslas were only MDMA and had a good reputation, then people started copying them and including adulterants in the pills.
yea they were one of the duller orange .1 doses at least according to that site. I showed a pic to someone and he said it was "fake." how he knew that idk. I know there were those infamous "orange teslas" that were the bright orange ones with the higher doses and had a CP label on them which these did not. People tell me that ecstasy will always be cut with something so I was initially like oh what the hell. These pills(or whatever I recalled testing) flashed purple as well so I'm confident there was still mdma/mda in them.

this whole thing seems to be controversial. according to dancesafe.org apparently even a pill that only flashes purple doesn't indicate it's fully pure. regardless, it is definitely pretty assuring that what I'm getting is "good" in quality.

Last edited:
yea they were one of the duller orange .1 doses at least according to that site. I showed a pic to someone and he said it was "fake." how he knew that idk. I know there were those infamous "orange teslas" that were the bright orange ones with the higher doses and had a CP label on them which these did not. People tell me that ecstasy will always be cut with something so I was initially like oh what the hell. These pills(or whatever I recalled testing) flashed purple as well so I'm confident there was still mdma/mda in them.

this whole thing seems to be controversial. according to dancesafe.org apparently even a pill that only flashes purple doesn't indicate it's fully pure. regardless, it is definitely pretty assuring that what I'm getting is "good" in quality.

Maybe check out some of the Youtube videos to learn what MDMA looks like in a reagent test. It is common to see purple then black. Usually, it eventually becomes black. But, you should not see
orange or other colors.

As for people telling you it is always cut with something...that is just false. Those people are not well informed. Adulterated pills with extra ingredients besides MDMA are not "good," and they can even be dangerous. You want to aim for obtaining the MDMA only pills.

Maybe check out some of the Youtube videos to learn what MDMA looks like in a reagent test. It is common to see purple then black. Usually, it eventually becomes black. But, you should not see
orange or other colors.

As for people telling you it is always cut with something...that is just false. Those people are not well informed. Adulterated pills with extra ingredients besides MDMA are not "good," and they can even be dangerous. You want to aim for obtaining the MDMA only pills.

maybe 100% pure stuff is hard to come by where I'm from. I've grown to learn that nothing is really 100% pure although I think that is something that would perhaps be less harmful to a person like me. I know people who tell me they prefer "ecstasy"(pressed pills) over "molly" because it has a different feeling them. Apparently pure mdma, what is considered "molly" where I'm from has a mushier feeling so I guess some people prefer whatever is mixed into the other stuff. This is coming from oldschool ravers who have been doing this stuff before I knew what dance music was lol and I put these terms into quotes since it's arguably not proper. Of course I also agree with what you are saying. I think in an ideal world, when a lot of people want mdma they don't desire extra stuff cut into it. Are you referring to 100% pure mdma? Apparently these color tests don't claim to test the purity, only what might be in it.

@tazz20 Like I said in an earlier post, it is complicated. There is another thread here in the forum that is trying to figure out just why it is that the MDMA crystal (which could be sent to a lab and would have a result of only MDMA) feels different to the user than another batch of MDMA that is also just MDMA according to the lab.

As an old time raver myself, I agree that some of the modern MDMA that is circulating feels very different from the pills that used to circulate back in the rave days. However, it is not as simple as the pills having active cuts. I used to send my pills to the lab, and they were just MDMA.

I wish there was a simple answer I could give that would answer the question, but we just don't know for sure why it is that some batches feel so different from other batches. All we know is that all MDMA is not created equally, and does not always feel the same.

But, the terms "molly" and "ecstasy" are just different slang terms for MDMA. Theoretically, they should both be the same thing, and there should not be a difference other than the amount of MDMA contained in each, and the filler used to press the pill together.

You are correct that the reagent tests do not test purity. All they can tell you is whether MDMA is present. They don't tell you how much is present, and they don't tell you how pure the MDMA is. Different reagent tests tell you slightly different things. For example, Simon's can tell the difference between MDMA and MDA, but many other tests can't.

It is a myth that "molly" is more pure than pills.

The words ecstasy and molly and many others are simply slang or street names for MDMA.

As has been pointed out, pills are just as likely or unlikely to contain actual MDMA as molly.

Always test your gear but in your case Tazz it seems you need to become better educated re the test kit and colours.

Also have you used Pill Reports to search for any reports re your pill in the last few weeks?

Re your anxiety/paranoia. Try and understand that both of those ailments feed off themselves. Its very easy to read some article discussing lets say mdma and anxiety and then next time you use mdma you remember that article and then you micro dissect how you are feeling and that in itself creates anxiety which then decides maybe something is wrong and the anxiety gives itself something to feed off and make itself worse.

Based on what I have read of your posts, I think it would help you a lot if you were to check out this thread and spend a long long time reading and learning about mdma.

Enjoy

Idk know if its just me but since I started wearing these my stomach is growly and I shit more than usual:ROFLMAO: idk if that's normal when wearing these....I think maybe they help my mood to some small extent

@tazz20 The magnesium in the D3 patches could loosen up digestion a bit. It will probably take a few wears before your mood catches up. I hope they help! I would not do the B patch every day, it can get intense. I would maybe do that one 2-3 times per week.

No, it should not flash to a different color before it is purple/black. Also, a good pill will not have cuts of anything in it, it will just be MDMA.

There are a lot of theories about why some batches of MDMA/Pills seem to produce different effects than others (we have been talking that to death in another 232 page thread).

But, bottom line, ecstasy and molly should be the same thing. They should both be MDMA. If they contain something other than MDMA, then they are contaminated and not worth taking.

Look for product that turns purple/black without other colors. Some reports of older MDMA implies it may be a bluer shade of purple, but still ultimately black. If you are seeing orange, yellow, green, brown etc. then you should not take it. Something unknown is in it.

Also, break those big pills in half. Some of them have massive doses of MDMA that may be unsafe if you take the whole pill.

Peace!
when you say contaminated, you mean contaminated with other things that don't show up on the test? what do you mean by unknown?

when you say contaminated, you mean contaminated with other things that don't show up on the test? what do you mean by unknown?

Contaminated by anything that is not MDMA.

A pill or molly that contains ONLY MDMA is uncontaminated/unadulterated.

A pill or molly that contains MDMA + ANYTHING ELSE is contaminated/adulterated.

Some adulterants/contaminants such as meth will turn a different color on reagent testing, but others will turn the same color as MDMA or will not change color at all.

Bottom line - if you want to be as safe as possible send your samples to a lab before you consume them. Is it inconvenient? Absolutely. But, it is worth the wait to know that you are consuming what you think you are consuming, especially since some contaminants are really dangerous. If you cannot send to a lab, then get a full reagent kit set from somewhere like Bunk Police or Dancesafe and test your product with multiple reagents.

Example: I bought some crystal recently that I was told was MDMA. The person who sold it to me is someone I have known a long time who I have no reason not to trust. I tested it with Marquis reagent and it looked good. It also looked good with Mecke and Mandelin reagent. However, when I tested it with Simon's reagent it was NOT MDMA. I used the charts to realize that my crystal must be either MDA or 5APB/6APB. In order for me to know for sure, I need to send it to a lab. But it is definitely not MDMA, because it did not have a MDMA reaction (blue) with Simon's reagent.

If I was seeing multiple colors from one sample, I would absolutely not eat it. That is a huge red flag, and that sample would go straight to a lab or to the trash.

I personally use Doctor's Best brand, High Absorption Magnesium Glycinate Lysinate.
Hello Indigo. Using Magnesium oil, properly massaged into skin, more surface the better, in combination with a good magnesium supplement, is the best way to really get magnesium up fast and optimally.

The oil alone will work better than any oral supplement I believe, if persevered with.

I used the topical Magnesium oil some years ago to ease forearm, wrist, hand tendonitus and repetitive strain injury and the magnesium.oil was amazing at bringing relief and pain killing instantly and helping with the healing and general strength and functionality of the muscles and tendons etc.

A pill or molly that contains ONLY MDMA is uncontaminated/unadulterated.

A pill or molly that contains MDMA + ANYTHING ELSE is contaminated/adulterated.
I can't dispute this, but just to add some context from how I personally feel, and also to get back to an older thread discussing the actual terms Ecstasy and Molly and their exact meanings, encompassments etc.....

After having Force about it's subconsciously since I have realised that in my own mind and understanding ecstasy can legitimately refer to either MDMA, MDA, or MDE or a combination of any of those and still legitimately be called ecstasy pill or whatever form.

As long as those compounds are pure and unadulterated otherwise as you gesture then although adulteration could still accurately describe their presence besides pure MDMA alone, I feel that there is a distinction between different types of adulteration with these types having been probably very normal and common from the early 90s especially in combination in pressed pills which nobody would have complained about at all at the time.

I really like MDA and combos with MDMA but I was less excited about MDE. Just more mongey and way less energetic than MDMA, way less psychedellic than MDA.

Still very nice, and I think was most commonly in combination with MDMA which would certainly explain why some still clean pills in the 90s could be more mongey than others and vice versa.

I hope that makes the little bit of sense anyway.

The similar MDX compounds such as MDA and MDEA are certainly the most closely related to MDMA, and yes, many people prefer a mix of MDA/MDMA to MDMA alone.

That does not change the fact that ecstasy/molly is supposed to be MDMA. Some people don't want the more psychedelic effects of MDA and would be quite displeased with that result.

Is it a less offensive adulterant, or even a preferred adulterant in some cases? Yes, but I still think of it as an adulterant simply because it is not what it is being sold as.