• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Is there any difference between columbian, peruvian and bolivian cocaine?

I do worry about the damage I've done to my heart with cocaine, booze and mephedrone in my 20s as they're all are known to be cardiotoxic (I think, I'm sure @fastandbulbous could confirm).
Now I'm in my 30s stims are a rare treat (the meph especially!) and hope that I have some kind of crisis soon so I can try and build up that rather important muscle into my 40s.

Alright..

So first let’s look at the impurities, Tropacocaine is a known active substance that even has a book somewhat written after it regarding synthesis (if it didn’t get you high Otto Snow wouldn’t have written about it.) It’s a stimulant but in my personal experience and opinion I believe it also has deliriant like effects as well. Here’s an article showing it’s an anticholinergic just like scopolamine, just 1000times weaker.

You think to yourself, 1000x is much weaker. Well when scopolamine can cause folks to trip at 2mg orally with a bioavailability of 2-7% it’s very realistic tropacocaine could induce some effect. Even more realistic when thinking in the context of combining with the cocaine.

In my experience, the other alkaloids give either a dissociated feel or if enough is used a delirium that one night culminated in me thinking I was being chased through the woods by a band of cops. I could hear their voices, see their flashlights, hear the dogs and ATVS. It was hell. This experience was the definition of anticholinergic delirium.

Methylecgondine is another common one, it’s also a pyrolysis byproduct when crack is smoked. I believe it creates more of the fiend that we often feel to use more. It would explain why crack is so much more reinforcing than IV cocaine, crack is very hard to put down.

If we look at DrugsData we see these impurities and others like benzoylecgonine (I’ve tried this one too, it’s very weak but still active) are fairly common.

It’s more often than not these impurities are present; tropacocaine usually 1-10%, methylecgonidine 1-20%, benzoylecgonine 5-25% on average from a quick scan of the first page.

Almost always with cocaine people want to blame the cuts added after the fact, when I believe sometimes the sketchiness or extra fiend comes from these impurities and byproducts.

-GC
I’m going to have to agree with GC on this. There’s a slew of psychoactive alkaloids in the raw cocaine mash. Depending on what solvent you use your going to get different secondary alkaloids in your product because of different solubility characteristics. That first cocaine paste extraction will have different components based on solvent. And it will flow through to the final product. The use of the word “lab” is really used loosely for cocaine production. They aren’t doing any vacuum distillation or chromatography. No separation of product

I do worry about the damage I've done to my heart with cocaine, booze and mephedrone in my 20s as they're all are known to be cardiotoxic (I think, I'm sure @fastandbulbous could confirm).
Now I'm in my 30s stims are a rare treat (the meph especially!) and hope that I have some kind of crisis soon so I can try and build up that rather important muscle into my 40s.
Stims don't have to be that bad for the heart (cocaine is the worst, due to local anaesthetic effects), after all, I've been an avid fan of amphetamine (and occasional dalliances with meth and fuck knows how many other stimulants) and still indulge, despite not being far off getting my state pension (my mild 'cardiac event', a term I much prefer to myocardiac infarct or heart attack, was eventually put down to my Wallace, of Wallace & Gromit, like love of cheese, in semi industrial amounts!). My wife controls my 'cheese habit'(!) and regularly tests my cardiac health, in ways a gentleman doesn't discuss, in public!
Just keep away from regular use of stims with serotonogic activity, any stim with local anaesthetic activity, monitor b.p. and severely limit intake of beautiful poisons like mature double gloucester! 😁

Here we see Coca production back on the rise..

My dad says the same exact shit. He used to fly down to South American back in the 70’s/80’s, his favorite was the “Pink Peruvian Flake.” The way he describes it makes it sound almost super human, all the positives with none of the BS. He tries the stuff occasionally today and once in awhile he’ll be impressed but not often.

-GC
Yeah, the pink Peruvian flakes and the yellow Bolivian chunks. I always wondered if the difference was because different strains of the coca plant were more common in the two areas, or if it was because the manufacturers in each country used to use different processoing techniques. Now I know it was a processing issue, but back then we really didn't know much, and some of us assumed there were different strains of coca like there were different strains of weed, with different alkaloid profiles.

I used to fly to Venezuela for it. Everytime I watch the movie "Grease", it connects really deeply, because I went and saw that in a theatre in my hometown the night before I flew down to Caracas the first time. I was scared to death, and that movie really imprinted on me. Almost 45 years later, I can't hear that song without flooding with adrenaline.

Last edited:
I've had pure Peruvian (tested it and the stamp on was from Peru), pure Colombian (same deal) and very good Mexican. They're all fairly similar but the Mexican was a bit more powdery, potency was on point though. Oh and lab-made blow; honestly though I couldn't tell the difference between that and the Peruvian.

I'd sack em all off in a second if the alternative was RTI-111/126 or Reverse Ester Cocaine. Analogues absolutely destroy proper coke.

Really? I heard Mexico completely took over and ran them out of business? (Or at least, the Columbian trade is now run by Mexican cartels)

semantics I guess, where it grows vs who distributes it
Run by el Salvadoran cartels, actually

This is why I'd never snort blow outside Peru. In cusco it's so close to the source, everyone's blow is 80%,+ easily..... I remember arriving to cusco and after getting off the bus and leaving my stuff at the hotel. I go for a walk and after 5 mins walking, first thing I see is a gringo on a Tuesday night sitting on an alley opening a huge wrap and snorting with his fingers. His eyes 👀 were all crazy haha I just laughed he was all paranoid. I went for a beer and bought a wrap from my friend str8 from the brick, VRAE valley coke. It was bomb, 2 bumps ea nostril was enough every hr 👌 good times.
Bring back concentrated cocaine water in travel bottles of shampoo, conditioner, etc. Dehydrate back in the states and boom.

My dealer sells Columbia and Bolivian. My personal view is that the Bolivian is much nicer. Cleaner, more euphoric, less jittery and smoother on the nose. But of course, it could all be bulshit labelling for 2 different batches from fuck knows where

There are different strains of coca used to make cocaine in different areas and the different strains contain other alkaloids that have effect and they vary in number from strain to strain.

So I don't think they are the same.

Peruvian and Bolivian cocaine are pretty much the same. Effect wise, both are just as good as the Colombian one.

Chemicals used in the refining process are strictly ( Latin American standards) controlled, so they use whatever is easier to source. I’m no expert but Peruvian and Bolivian blow is “etherish”; Colombian is “acetonish”. This results in consistency and aroma distinctions. Colombian is shinier, softer and kind of moist. The chunks can be crushed with the tip of your fingers, for a perfect grind I strongly recommend a hot plate. It’s kind of annoying to enjoy the Colombian blow in outer spaces , especially in humid climates.

It happens that Peruvian/Bolivian coke it’s quite hard when it’s still fresh. Also, it’s not very shiny. The good point is that it's possible to get a good grind without a hot surface.

There’s a common misunderstanding that too hard or crispy flakes means that the product is undoubtedly bad or cutted. Indeed, that’s true most of the time, but not here in Brazil. Cocaine always travels as pure as possible, smugglers in Europe don't accept anything below 92-94% purity, and obviously it doesn't make any sense cutting it before retail. Here, coke can be very good or very bad, there’s no concern in using sophisticated cutting agents to make it look like it’s good, good and bad are two different products and dealers are open about it, they don’t even know what is inositol, levamisole or tetracaine. Since a kilo of pure stuff costs around US$5000 I’m not sure if it’s even worth it to import those chemicals.

There’s was a HUGE increase in cocaine influx recently. Fortunately it have improved the product quality. Pure fish scales was a high society thing, now “escama de peixe” is widely available in the street stores in the favelas, to the point that I gave up calling a dealer.

In Brazil we have access to all of them, Colombian still marketed as a premium product, bur as I said, effect wise for me they’re just the same. Since Brazil became the top cocaine exporter to Europe, I can guarantee that most of the flakes reaching Europe today (Gioia Tauro, Algeciras, Rotterdam, Antwerp) come from Peru and Bolivia. Colombians still have a minor market share that enters the Old World through northern Spain.

Peruvian and Bolivian cocaine are pretty much the same. Effect wise, both are just as good as the Colombian one.

Chemicals used in the refining process are strictly ( Latin American standards) controlled, so they use whatever is easier to source. I’m no expert but Peruvian and Bolivian blow is “etherish”; Colombian is “acetonish”. This results in consistency and aroma distinctions. Colombian is shinier, softer and kind of moist. The chunks can be crushed with the tip of your fingers, for a perfect grind I strongly recommend a hot plate. It’s kind of annoying to enjoy the Colombian blow in outer spaces , especially in humid climates.

It happens that Peruvian/Bolivian coke it’s quite hard when it’s still fresh. Also, it’s not very shiny. The good point is that it's possible to get a good grind without a hot surface.

There’s a common misunderstanding that too hard or crispy flakes means that the product is undoubtedly bad or cutted. Indeed, that’s true most of the time, but not here in Brazil. Cocaine always travels as pure as possible, smugglers in Europe don't accept anything below 92-94% purity, and obviously it doesn't make any sense cutting it before retail. Here, coke can be very good or very bad, there’s no concern in using sophisticated cutting agents to make it look like it’s good, good and bad are two different products and dealers are open about it, they don’t even know what is inositol, levamisole or tetracaine. Since a kilo of pure stuff costs around US$5000 I’m not sure if it’s even worth it to import those chemicals.

There’s was a HUGE increase in cocaine influx recently. Fortunately it have improved the product quality. Pure fish scales was a high society thing, now “escama de peixe” is widely available in the street stores in the favelas, to the point that I gave up calling a dealer.

In Brazil we have access to all of them, Colombian still marketed as a premium product, bur as I said, effect wise for me they’re just the same. Since Brazil became the top cocaine exporter to Europe, I can guarantee that most of the flakes reaching Europe today (Gioia Tauro, Algeciras, Rotterdam, Antwerp) come from Peru and Bolivia. Colombians still have a minor market share that enters the Old World through northern Spain.
Lol here in peru they call it "escama de pescado"( fishscale) and ",ala de Mosca/mariposa"(butterfly's wings) to be the best pearly color shiny super oily hygroscopic ether-distilled amazing 97-99% blow and I just shattttt myself lol.
.shit, quite a bit hard to score thst but it's amazing, pulsating euphoria through ur body, talkative mood, you're good with just a bit and the comedown is not thst hard om you, feels like putting butter up ur nose.
oh well, it's all memories now. 😝💙.

Yeah.. my thoughts were that I usually got the fish scale with either and it was not Columbian. Certainly my favorite. Alabaster either.. fuck I’m even Jonsen and in haven’t indulged in well over a year.

I got some 99+ pure, purified to pharmaceutical levels in Aspen.. shit looked like crappy re rock, had very little Oder or taste.. but holly fuck it sent ya.. stronger is not always more desirable at least for me.

My dealer sells Columbia and Bolivian. My personal view is that the Bolivian is much nicer. Cleaner, more euphoric, less jittery and smoother on the nose. But of course, it could all be bulshit labelling for 2 different batches from fuck knows where
Which coke is better when trying to cook into freebase!! Peru or Columbia

Lol here in peru they call it "escama de pescado"( fishscale) and ",ala de Mosca/mariposa"(butterfly's wings) to be the best pearly color shiny super oily hygroscopic ether-distilled amazing 97-99% blow and I just shattttt myself lol.
.shit, quite a bit hard to score thst but it's amazing, pulsating euphoria through ur body, talkative mood, you're good with just a bit and the comedown is not thst hard om you, feels like putting butter up ur nose.
oh well, it's all memories now. 😝💙.
Which is better when trying to cook into crack?

Hi all,
there's a lot of talk about the origins of a particular batch of cocaine. I've even seen darknet markets with different subcategories for each country. Is there any noticable difference between cocaine depending on the origin country? To me this seems like marketing.

According to the DEA, almost all of the cocaine in North America right now [~90%] is being produced in Colombia. I'd guess the situation is similar in other parts of the world.

So very likely, it's not even coming from Péru or Bolivia, and I doubt it would make a difference if it were.

Really? I heard Mexico completely took over and ran them out of business? (Or at least, the Columbian trade is now run by Mexican cartels)

semantics I guess, where it grows vs who distributes it

And I heard Peru has been taking back over as of late as one of the main producers… lol. Sounds like the rumor mill is fully operational.

From my studying and own experience, I get the impression Peruvian is more calm/smooth of an experience with less intensity and anxiety. Better for going out and socializing and easy comedown. Colombian is more kick you in the nuts, takes you higher but also has a bit rougher comedown and a bit rougher around the edges while your high too. Colombian feels better for sitting at home snorting lines (or worse smoking or shooting the shit).

I personally prefer what I believe to be Peruvian. The differences are likely due to alkaloids present or absent from each general location.

In the end though we just don’t know unless we’re traveling through S.A. ourselves, @nznity probably gonna know if anyone knows.

-GC
It is actually like this; colombia was the main source for coke, now indeed mexican cartels took over however the source now is peru.

Yes, if you get pure enough coke you can notice distinct differences between where the coke comes from - coke is an alkaloid, the alkaloid content differs from region to region due to differences in altitude and soil.

Colombian kicks in sudden and heavy, peruvian comes up slower and is more relaxed than colombian, bolivian gives less euphoria, colombian gives the strongest euphoria...

Interesting.
Even if it's true, there's no way to know from just our online vendor ads.
Just like how every Ketamine vendor says they have this isomer or that isomer, etc etc.

Interesting.
Even if it's true, there's no way to know from just our online vendor ads.
Just like how every Ketamine vendor says they have this isomer or that isomer, etc etc.
I travelled s america for two yrs, did peruvian, colombian and bolivian over there...

I travelled s america for two yrs, did peruvian, colombian and bolivian over there...
Oh I believe there's a difference yes, but I mean that when we buy online, the average user (not roaming in the cocaine-filled jungles of south america) wouldn't be able to accurately differentiate.