• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Is there any difference between columbian, peruvian and bolivian cocaine?

whiteHot

Bluelighter
Hi all,
there's a lot of talk about the origins of a particular batch of cocaine. I've even seen darknet markets with different subcategories for each country. Is there any noticable difference between cocaine depending on the origin country? To me this seems like marketing.

Hi all,
there's a lot of talk about the origins of a particular batch of cocaine. I've even seen darknet markets with different subcategories for each country. Is there any noticable difference between cocaine depending on the origin country? To me this seems like marketing.
According to the DEA, almost all of the cocaine in North America right now [~90%] is being produced in Colombia. I'd guess the situation is similar in other parts of the world.

So very likely, it's not even coming from Péru or Bolivia, and I doubt it would make a difference if it were.

According to the DEA, almost all of the cocaine in North America right now [~90%] is being produced in Colombia. I'd guess the situation is similar in other parts of the world.
Really? I heard Mexico completely took over and ran them out of business? (Or at least, the Columbian trade is now run by Mexican cartels)

semantics I guess, where it grows vs who distributes it

And I heard Peru has been taking back over as of late as one of the main producers… lol. Sounds like the rumor mill is fully operational.

From my studying and own experience, I get the impression Peruvian is more calm/smooth of an experience with less intensity and anxiety. Better for going out and socializing and easy comedown. Colombian is more kick you in the nuts, takes you higher but also has a bit rougher comedown and a bit rougher around the edges while your high too. Colombian feels better for sitting at home snorting lines (or worse smoking or shooting the shit).

I personally prefer what I believe to be Peruvian. The differences are likely due to alkaloids present or absent from each general location.

In the end though we just don’t know unless we’re traveling through S.A. ourselves, @nznity probably gonna know if anyone knows.

-GC

And I heard Peru has been taking back over as of late as one of the main producers… lol. Sounds like the rumor mill is fully operational.

From my studying and own experience, I get the impression Peruvian is more calm/smooth of an experience with less intensity and anxiety. Better for going out and socializing and easy comedown. Colombian is more kick you in the nuts, takes you higher but also has a bit rougher comedown and a bit rougher around the edges while your high too. Colombian feels better for sitting at home snorting lines (or worse smoking or shooting the shit).

I personally prefer what I believe to be Peruvian. The differences are likely due to alkaloids present or absent from each general location.

In the end though we just don’t know unless we’re traveling through S.A. ourselves, @nznity probably gonna know if anyone knows.

-GC
Tbh man, it all depends on the synthesis. This is very odd, on nye I was drunk talking to my dad, asking him how was the coke in the 70's? He laughed and said son, the shit uve tried cant compare to the real pearly shiny flakes there were around those times. He told me that doing lines with 100% cocaine made with ether is no joke. U can have a heart attack with that shit doing 2g too fast. He said 2 bumps each nostril was enough. Too much Hollywood man, btw yeah most of the coke in Europe atm for example is Peruvian. We are by far the largest producers and have been since 2013 or so I think.

So very likely, it's not even coming from Péru or Bolivia, and I doubt it would make a difference if it were.
Maybe in the US but trust me. 90% of all the coke in the Netherlands, Spain, France, Italy, UK. Is Peruvian

Here we see Coca production back on the rise..

Tbh man, it all depends on the synthesis. This is very odd, on nye I was drunk talking to my dad, asking him how was the coke in the 70's? He laughed and said son, the shit uve tried cant compare to the real pearly shiny flakes there were around those times. He told me that doing lines with 100% cocaine made with ether is no joke. U can have a heart attack with that shit doing 2g too fast. He said 2 bumps each nostril was enough. Too much Hollywood man, btw yeah most of the coke in Europe atm for example is Peruvian. We are by far the largest producers and have been since 2013 or so I think.

My dad says the same exact shit. He used to fly down to South American back in the 70’s/80’s, his favorite was the “Pink Peruvian Flake.” The way he describes it makes it sound almost super human, all the positives with none of the BS. He tries the stuff occasionally today and once in awhile he’ll be impressed but not often.

-GC

Here we see Coca production back on the rise..

My dad says the same exact shit. He used to fly down to South American back in the 70’s/80’s, his favorite was the “Pink Peruvian Flake.” The way he describes it makes it sound almost super human, all the positives with none of the BS. He tries the stuff occasionally today and once in awhile he’ll be impressed but not often.

-GC
U know xD another story he told me was about this rich kid that lived in a fancy neighborhood in a fucking super big house. The thing Is this kid(25 or so) had a fucking unreal lab in his basement and was mass producing lab grade 99% blow, the best 👌 in Lima. The thing is, one day out of nowhere the house fucking exploded lol. It appeared on the newspapers back in the day, that is y they use acetone and not ether in the final purification process. It's too fucking dangerous, but u need ether to make the best cocaine.

Really? I heard Mexico completely took over and ran them out of business? (Or at least, the Columbian trade is now run by Mexican cartels)

semantics I guess, where it grows vs who distributes it
Well, the fields for growing coca and labs for refining it into cocaine are all in South America, not Mexico.

But yes, the Mexican cartels started gaining control of the trade when the transhipment route for cocaine shifted from the Caribbean islands to the Central American mainland, and probably finished consolidating power a decade ago or more.

AFAIK, the Colombian cartels essentially just fill orders for cocaine from Mexico these days (having been stripped of their powder heroin market by the Mexicans around 2014, as well).

Maybe in the US but trust me. 90% of all the coke in the Netherlands, Spain, France, Italy, UK. Is Peruvian
The statistic I saw was only current through late 2017, so a full four years ago now. Peru definitely could've rebounded in that time. And God knows the DEA has been wrong before! :ROFLMAO:

The statistic I saw was only current through late 2017, so a full four years ago now. Peru definitely could've rebounded in that time. And God knows the DEA has been wrong before! :ROFLMAO:
I swear everyweekend I see in the news how they seize 300kg, 400kg, even almost a fking ton xd it's always destined to the EU port cities like Rotterdam, Napoli, etc. I'm not sure about the Colombians, what I'm pretty sure is that they buy the cocaine paste cheaper here and then refine it in their country. Then sell it to the Mexican cartels.

Well, they (cartels) all use the same strain of E. coca, as it's resistant to the defoliant the DEA encourage said governments to go spraying, willy-nilly (I mean, it's not as if the US government has a good track record, regarding widespread use of defoliants - agent Orange, anybody?). So, they'll have the same biosynthesis routes, so will have pretty much identical alkaloid make-up. Thing is, some areas seem to have a thing for cutting pure coke with horse wormer (leviamisole), so nature makes it the same, then humans fuck around with it...

There are different methods of making cocaine, mostly the process varies depending on the cook and diferent people have different recipes but the chemicals are almost always the same. The quality of cocaine is a major factor and you simply can’t compare cocaine %70 + to the shit you score on the corner that on a good day is %10-20…high quality coke is almost like a completely different drug unless you are shooting or smoking it in which case you will only feel the effects of the cocaine

Used to be a difference when some where using ether and other not. But I think everyone uses whatever non-polar solvent they can get. Never ether

It should all be the same in theory, the real difference would be what kind of active adulturants are added, specifically levamisole.

*Also what you do see is varying levels of benzyl/methylecgonidine as well as tropococaine which could certainly vary by region

The alkaloids left over from the product, apart from that if it's well processed coke. All of em should be indistinguishable. It's more like a marketing thing, like pot when someone saying their strain is the shit. Coke dealers do the same shit even though most of em don't really fking know where their product comes from.