• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Is there any argument in which flower is superior to concentrates?

eBagger

Bluelighter
Wax has in it advantages....

1. The cleanliness, the lack of dealing with ashes, or needing to clean out a bowl
2. Only need a hit or two to get high
3. Easier on the lungs
4. Hardly any smell and it dissipates quickly
5. Easier to transport especially if you have a portable vape
6. Collect reclaim and smoke when you run out

I mean if I lived in a legal state I'd always have some of both on hand, but in my current situation concentrate wins every single time. I'm somewhere lame where I can't smoke weed inside without it stinking up the whole house, but I can smoke concentrate and nobody even realizes it. You wouldn't catch a whiff unless you are in close proximity with me within a minute or two of a hit, other than that it quickly smells back to normal. I run several miles a day, and I noticed a distinct feeling heavy after smoking several bowls of plant matter a day. Like if I think about the 3-5 rice size hits I take to stay pretty toasted all day now, to the 1-5 bowls of grams of plant matter, its a no brainer. Like, besides being a weed purist what's the point in smoking weed as your main means of THC consumption? I know different strokes for different folks, but c'mon if you're still primarily smoking flower, what's your reason to choose it over concentrates?

i always go for flower.

i took two hits off of my father's vape pen that was like 80% thc a few years ago, it gave me a little buzz, but not much stronger than a couple hits of good flower. i also got some shatter and some crumble samples from an online vendor a few years back, they were probably stronger than my hits off a vape pen, particularly the crumble, but i never got around to purchasing any.

i find that flower is strong enough, and i like to take time smoking, so since the flower is cheaper, i just go with smoking more and pick flower... some day if i find my lungs getting old and tired, i might try switching to concentrates though. i was looking at terp pearls spin on you tube, looks pretty cool.

also i conspire that the extracts or concentrates extraction miss some of the chemicals in flower that could be getting you high. that was mostly my opinion on the vape pen. the crumble i had actually gave me a pretty strong downer effect with a buzz. it was interesting. not something i really need though. maybe it was just my imagination that it was different high than the flower.

I find concentrates to lack a certain something. They get me high, but I don't feel quite as good. I love having a pen that I can discreetly carry everywhere, but I would much rather smoke actual flower.

Okay so so far it seems to be an indescribable aspect that makes flower win for some. Something that can't be defined, like in the makeup of lighting the full plant on fire. I think I kind of know what you guys are talking about, but after a couple of hits of high quality shatter I'm baked and all the other positives listed man I just love it.

best to just enjoy what suits you best, there are pros and cons to both flower and concentrates

The contents of cannabis flower and cannabis extract are entirely different, as well as (usually) very different ROAs. That's like asking if a joint or bong is better.....they're both advantageous for different reasons.

Concentrates are "technically" superior (the reasons you listed) but it's always a different thing to roll a joint and enjoy it over the course of a good song rather than just vaporizing some brown oil which hits you immediately. It's like vodka vs beer.

Flower is better for those will low tolerance to marijuana, like myself. I smoke like a 50mg chunk of flower a night. More than that and I get too wired, I find larger amounts to be too stimulating and I wind up drinking more to tone it down. Weed is the only drug I seem to have a perma-low tolerance too. And orally I find it way stronger than smoked. A 10mg edible will get me fucked up. Yet I smoke every night, for some reason.

Flower for life. Concentrates are fun once in awhile (mixed with flower..) but they lack the variety of terpenes and cannabinoids that flower can deliver. Also flower is just more full bodied for lack of a better description.

-GC
Exactly. And, for the reasons described, flower seems to raise tolerance much more slowly. That's huge.

Flower for life. Concentrates are fun once in awhile (mixed with flower..) but they lack the variety of terpenes and cannabinoids that flower can deliver. Also flower is just more full bodied for lack of a better description.

-GC
This is pretty much my opinion. I like dab on special occasions but any more and it puts my tolerance through the roof. It's no wonder people who smoke a lot of concentrates train themselves to dislike flower. It's because concentrates raise the tolerance so much that flower no longer works except in large amounts.

If one is worried about the smell, maybe a decent compromise would be to vaporize flower. I admittedly don't have much experience vaping flower but my friend has a contraption and I recall it not leaving too much of an odor when smoking.

Also, I like to smoke when I play guitar and sing and I've noticed when vaping concentrates that if I hit a little too much, it burns my throat and zaps my voice for a bit of time. Probably my fault though as I should learn to take smaller hits.

Ultimately, do whatever makes you happy. I see nothing inherently wrong with one method over another. Just have my own experiences to lean on.

Flower because;

-any flower is going to be a truer expression (obviously) of the plant/inherent genetics. Sure you can add terpenes in specific ratios to a concentrate, but what source of the terpene expression of a plant to add to an extract (of that plant)? No need to source terpenes

-I can grow my own flower. Legally. I can make my own extracts; but legally only rosin fro a heat press or a C02 extraction/evaporation

-I have access to legal Cannabis

-I like the smell of Cannabis

-I can look at the Cannabis under a microscope. Aside from being pretty cool, you can tell if it has been tumbled or roughly handled/processed

I will use vape cartridges quite readily, but they are a pale imitation of flowers, imo.

Tom

Flower... ... I will use vape cartridges quite readily, but they are a pale imitation...

We don't live in the same province i think.

Although you've mentioned main arguments in favour of (hopefully) home-grown flowers i don't reject an alternative power budget divided into more than just 1 single phase, which is to transfer the noble molecules on a substrate ready for 1-battery scenarios performed later, but i've observed 1st-hand how habits can be long to change (read "reluctant"...), so i'm stuck with the next best thing since all former trusty ontacts vanished after my province was sacrificed anyway.

Pulse Heating might someday perform the prepatory phase by taming down "cooking" (denaturation) while condensing microscopic droplets on some novel heat-resistant artificial substrate at home - E.G. *NO* 3rd-parties involved, which is a big if and i'm not patient this much, so even if i don't buy the unproven "legal=safer" slogan on the long-term flowers are all that was left, In The Name Of Children.
Canada-A-mari-usque-ad-mare-275x360.png

I'm a flower guy.
Ground herb in a vaporizer is ideal.
Yeah it's a little messy.
But I go edibles over concentrates if that were the case.

Flower guy too. Recently my vendor gave me a gram of shatter with my bud. I used it sparingly and it was very potent. But regular flower.......Smoked.....is my thing. But yeah I came here to see what to do with the shatter and that shitter thread kept coming up Ismene. lol . I just put a tiny bit under the flower in the pipe.

One good thing for me about cannabis tolerance is it goes down quick. I stop for 24 hours and the next time I smoke even 1 hit I am high. Funny how tolerance for different drugs can be so different. I could use a break too. Would love to take a month. Not happening at this point in time. I would rather have sanity than a tolerance break right now.

Okay so so far it seems to be an indescribable aspect that makes flower win for some. Something that can't be defined, like in the makeup of lighting the full plant on fire. I think I kind of know what you guys are talking about, but after a couple of hits of high quality shatter I'm baked and all the other positives listed man I just love it.
I can describe it, flavor, smell and buzz are much better with flower. I'm like the others I have to hit a vape a bunch to get a decent buzz. I quit smoking bowls a long time ago but a nice fat joint of some tasty buds is great.

-GC
this

Also coming from a background that has afforded me unlimited high end product for 30 years.. the people that mostly stuck to flower have more successful lives, far less developed marijuana use disorder, enjoy better lung health and have far less negative effects like motivational syndromes.

That and like a good wine.. I love the taste and bouquet that terpenes in fire flower have.

I love this "Flower for life"!!! turned that pure gold.

Last edited: