• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Is there a proper age to smoke cannabis?

In CA or WA fuck yeah, just find the doc in the box with an add on the back of the weekly free paper, and you are golden. Don't know Montreal though, check the classifieds of the free papers in town and see if there is a doctor advertising weed scrpits.

As for the OP - It is very helpful for anxiety, in my case at least. Personally I prefer weed over benzos because there's no horrible WD. It may improve your mental state for a little while, but don't let yourself depend on it. My psychiatrist always told me smoking would interfere with my prescriptions. Never figured out how, though.

Same here am if I think about it cannabis was much more helpful treating my anxiety than benzos, i mean they do their job well, but I fell they also make you zone out, kinda zombie like almost. And if I would try to make sense of having both cannabis and benzo, I would think they would compliment each other, except maybe if your smoking sativa, then that would hype you up...

In CA or WA fuck yeah, just find the doc in the box with an add on the back of the weekly free paper, and you are golden. Don't know Montreal though, check the classifieds of the free papers in town and see if there is a doctor advertising weed scrpits.

Yeah but that's because in CA and WA it's legal so I guess more liberal, Canada is soon to be legal, but were not there yet. I'm not sure what you mean by classfieds.. If you mean like a prerequisite for a prescription then yeah im golden as you say, its written muscle spasm as well as anxiety.

I mean the ads in the back of the newspaper that anyone can buy for cheap, normally for used stuff, sex workers, sketchy doctors, ect.
Also I <3 benzo + weed, but you really don't want to take benzos on anything approaching a daily basis if you can avoid it, when you kick them after using like that you tend to get more anxious than before you started even if you got a good tapering program going on.

This is purely a subjective, anecdotal opinion, but if I had my time back I would not have started smoking until 22-25. At 18 onward I was a pretty heavy user and I feel that this has contributed to some mental health issues.

Then again I know people who started younger than me and are just fine. So it's hard to say.

If it were a choice between putting an adolescent on an SSRI for depression, or giving them other pharmaceuticals, I would rather give them cannabis.

At 18 onward I was a pretty heavy user and I feel that this has contributed to some mental health issues.

I just want to chime in and back this up 100%.

I like to think my thought processes wouldn't be nearly as fucked up as they are today if I never found out I was a weedhead when I was a teenager. I mean, there's more to it than that, but there's also that and it fucks me up sometimes.

I've been smoking since eleven somewhat heavily, and I feel it hasn't negatively affected me as of yet. But it's really all about you OP, because what is for me, may not be for you. You know best what your body feels, and what your body/mind can handle. If you feel it's changing you, or harming you, give it some time, maybe try again in the future. It's always better to give up a substance than give up your well being.

Foreigner & jibult I agree 100%

Abrecan your not 20 or younger are you? For me & pretty much everyone I've come in contact with, the negative shit doesn't show itself until atleast 20 , 19-22 would be the range Id say where problems seem to show themselves, I was great up until 20-21, then came severe depression , anxiety, isolation, and the like I'm still not back to my old self n dunno if i ever will be but the previous 8 yrs of smoking all day n using was awesome, no negative effects in site, so why would I quit using when it provided me so much fun n was having no negative consequences...I will say tho that I used an array of countless other drugs as well in my formative years n young adulthood but none more than weed which has Been everday since early teen so who knows, wish I did lol

I'm 24. So thirteen years of heavy usage. Only issue I received from it was stunted growth plates. I physically matured very quickly though, so that may be part of why it never really affected me.

I started smoking at age 12 , and quit at 21 I don't see the difference after I quit , I don't even think it shoud be classified as a drug .

I started smoking at age 12 , and quit at 21 I don't see the difference after I quit , I don't even think it shoud be classified as a drug .

Just because some of us see no issue, doesn't mean others won't. A lot of people are negatively affected by using too early. As for being classified as a drug, it would be ridiculous not to classify it as such. Being a drug doesn't mean something is bad, or synthetic. Most drugs in the world are used for healiing purposes, rather than abuse.

I've read this article and suggested to a family member that maybe she should consume a Cannabis edible or two over the course of 9 months. Visual skills certainly seem to be affected; Perhaps this explains self perceived skill increase when playing some video games?

Tom

I started smoking when I was 24. Didn't handle it very well; tended to panic and have bad anxiety attacks. Had a bad experience with eating hash because I was misinformed. Used it occasionally on and off, never more than once or twice a year until I started using medically at a much later age. Only after using MJ medically on a daily basis for about 6 months did I start to 'enjoy' it. It will sound stupid, but I smoked through the panic and dysphoria because it provided such a relief from arthritis.

Last edited:
Hummm...

What's most ridiculous isn't always evident, bigot/toxic anti-cannabic prohibitionist hate-lover/love-hater brain-dead propagandists claiming to be searching for a more balanced "truth", for example....

There are so many valid questions filthy incompetent imposter pigs will hide under the carpet in a heartbeat when finally asked, this simple basic one for example:
Appart from decades of statistic data contaminated with toxic combustion compounds from smoking a joint we're dealing with people pushing on a twisted ideology that ignores the harm of alcohol, tobacco and multiple other dependencies proven dangerous and even deadly, as in the good old days of Queen Victoria (...), while in the end it happens it's brain-washed police agents who perform what can be seen as routine executions when it comes to cannabis: guys armed to the teeth actually only need to fear for their own life in order to take another and walk away with it...
Leaving behind a baby just too young to remember his father got murdered over thin air while the mother (who called the cops) was previously declared unfit for parenting in a court of justice, for example...

In the name of North-American children who become, somehow, worthy of a racist law as soon as "Marri Wana" gets involved into the big picture. Why don't we as a society attempt to save the poor little innocent (fantomatic/forged image of) kids (with round eyes...) from the real abysmal descent of alcoholism and/or even just the slow but relentless prejudice of nicotine addiction... Using helicopters, drones and other para-military resources like incapacitating grenades?... Etc., whatever amen!!

vqlaxi.jpg
120h69w.jpg
t68ksz.jpg

2vanig8.jpg

What does it take exactly for bigots to realize the OBSCENITY of their own ridicule???

Subsidized by public funds, on top of it...

Visual skills certainly seem to be affected...

M'well, i found most appropriate to mention it because i think it's the brain that implements vision ultimately. E.G. embryo brain cells were exposed to cannabis and this reflected as an improvement of this specific function, exactly. So why not the rest?...

Good day, have fun!! =D

Last edited:
Im fourteen and have been smoking about a gram a week for one year. Whilst I'm not a heavy user, I have not experienced any mental side effects. I have maintained an academic scholarship at the best school in my country and am doing vv well there. You definately do not need to stop, just reduce your intake

It would be best to start smoking weed after you hit 20.

This is mainly because your brain has fully developed and you are far less likely to have negative psychological effects.

Last edited:
Please no one reguard what sdnch2312 said as truth lmao I'd have said the same thing after ONE year of minimal smoking....lol Jee I wonder why after ONE full year you haven't noticed anything negative....wait 8 more years see if your still singin the same tune bud

Tavor spot on

Your brain continues to develop for your entire life, and doesn't even slow down until your late 30's. All of that "marijuana will harm your brain development" bullshit is just that - bullshit

Your brain continues to develop for your entire life, and doesn't even slow down until your late 30's. All of that "marijuana will harm your brain development" bullshit is just that - bullshit

The biggest development takes place during puberty though, the 'development' which takes place after is mostly a change in chemical balance and other stuff