• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Is there a permanent tolerance to the opiate euphoria

I think you can never get back the mystery and allure of your first 80mg snorted or your first IV heroin injection. However, I think after a while (at least for me. 6 months or so. Maybe less that's just how long I waited) I got back the euphoria so long as I didn't over expect if you get me. So long as I remembered the euphoria wasn't THAT good, it was just pleasant. I would be satisfied. There is nothing worse than sitting through an opioid experience waiting for "something to happen". It can really ruin your mood and the experience. If in doubt, check your pupils. If they are small. You are high.
Actually in my experience....I've had literally 100s of rushes better than the first one. Especially when I've been sick as fuck. The euphoria never disappears really.

I wouldn't say so. In the way that if you stop using for a year or two the euphoria comes back. There is of course, a regular tolerance that develops like with all things. Me personally, I never got much euphoria from heroin even at the beginning. But with fentanyl or hydromorphone, the euphoria does return after a break, even if Suboxone or kratom were used as maintenance inbetween.

However for meth or MDMA there really does seem to be a tolerance that to some degree never goes away, no matter how long you stop using.

But you know, euphoria isn't an exact science and everyone is different so ymmv.

Also It is true, as someone above said that tolerance and dependence are one and the same...
Nothing compares to the first 10 rolls....