• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Is there a permanent tolerance to the opiate euphoria

Higherfocus420

Bluelighter
4 minutes ago
I've got a question I started smoking weed again which led me to use heroin again yesterday this is why I can't even really smoke weed as it makes me crave heroin. I smoked a bag then an hour later I smoked o.2 back to back as I wasn't satisfied with my feeling of high but I must have smoked too much as I was in a pub restraunt eating some food but kept nodding out falling asleep which they noticed and said I wasn't allowed to buy anymore alcohol which o only had one pint anyways and when i got home I passed out and kept nodding waking up then pass out for hours with no real high feeling must have taken way too much and was fèeling like that we'll into the next day how come I didn't go into respitory deppression I think my body is good and staying alive in that state as I've been super drunk and used always woke up and also is there a permennet tolerance to the euphoric effects I once remembered as now it puts me in a good mood and is good for anxiety and chilling but it makes me so sleepy for days snd i get just as much euphoria from smoming weed the negatives have outweighed the positive and I might as well smoke some weed if I'm gonna get high but like I say I use to use both together so it's risky

I think you can never get back the mystery and allure of your first 80mg snorted or your first IV heroin injection. However, I think after a while (at least for me. 6 months or so. Maybe less that's just how long I waited) I got back the euphoria so long as I didn't over expect if you get me. So long as I remembered the euphoria wasn't THAT good, it was just pleasant. I would be satisfied. There is nothing worse than sitting through an opioid experience waiting for "something to happen". It can really ruin your mood and the experience. If in doubt, check your pupils. If they are small. You are high.

4 minutes ago
I've got a question I started smoking weed again which led me to use heroin again yesterday this is why I can't even really smoke weed as it makes me crave heroin. I smoked a bag then an hour later I smoked o.2 back to back as I wasn't satisfied with my feeling of high but I must have smoked too much as I was in a pub restraunt eating some food but kept nodding out falling asleep which they noticed and said I wasn't allowed to buy anymore alcohol which o only had one pint anyways and when i got home I passed out and kept nodding waking up then pass out for hours with no real high feeling must have taken way too much and was fèeling like that we'll into the next day how come I didn't go into respitory deppression I think my body is good and staying alive in that state as I've been super drunk and used always woke up and also is there a permennet tolerance to the euphoric effects I once remembered as now it puts me in a good mood and is good for anxiety and chilling but it makes me so sleepy for days snd i get just as much euphoria from smoming weed the negatives have outweighed the positive and I might as well smoke some weed if I'm gonna get high but like I say I use to use both together so it's risky

You still have tolerance. Tolerance = addiction.

You need to stay off opiates for years before your tolerance drops to (ahem) tolerable levels.

Leave it long enough and you WILL be able to smoke weed without triggering undesirable impulses.

But you probably will never be able to enjoy heroin again. That's just something you have to accept as the fall out from addiction.

the experience of euphoria is subjective, explaining it the terms of drugs and receptor sites a little like saying an orgasm comes from friction. You wouldn't be wrong
Yea i get what your saying but for me opiates use to lift all the weight off my shoulders and put me in this bubble of comfort where I was so releaxed and at peace with no worrys and my body felt nice and warm and felt safe even if I was fucking my life up or the the euphoria from stimulants would be like an excited feeling akin to coming off a rollercoster with body rushes and generally elevated mood where I would want to talk to everyone and feel super confident must have a serious down regulation of my dopamine recpotors now days no doubt tho

Yea i get what your saying but for me opiates use to lift all the weight off my shoulders
the honeymoon

and put me in this bubble of comfort where I was so releaxed and at peace with no worrys and my body felt nice and warm and felt safe
We still talking about sex?

even if I was fucking my life up
I thought she cheated on you 1st
or the the euphoria from stimulants would be like an excited feeling akin to coming off a rollercoster with body rushes and generally elevated mood where I would want to talk to everyone and feel super confident
Well there's no reason why you shouldn't play the field what's good for the goose

must have a serious down regulation of my dopamine recpotors now days no doubt tho
What's a recpotor

Could the H have been mostly fentanyl?

Fent tends to be very nodding but not so euphoric.

Hahahaha you funny cunt
I like being called a cunt. I remember when a friend of mine from Narcotics Anonymous who I hadn't seen in a long time and lived in Britain came to LA for a visit. We hadn't been together for more than about half an hour and we're getting a couple of hamburgers at Tommy's when he turned to me and said: "Why are you such a fucking cunt!"

There was so much love was the nicest thing anyone has said to me

4 minutes ago
I think sometim3s alc over powers the satisfying feelings of opiates but that’s just me maybe but I like my weed. Any tolerance break will help but whenever I have clean time then relapse it’s always disappointing even if it’s grade a shit. Opiate use and addiction is the worst thing in the world, be safe OP

It seems to me there are personal differences, which probably have some genetic factor. For instance it took me ages to develop a physical dependence (ie getting withdrawals). Some other people I knew got physically hooked a lot faster than me on similar amounts of the drug. Likewise I was slow to build up a tolerance to the effects, and am quick to lose tolerance if I stop for awhile. I've always had to be Xtra careful first time using again after a period of abstinence.

I do have a basic permanent tolerance in that my 'starting dose' is higher than it was. But I was a multiple daily user, then stopped completely for a time, and now I use on a weekly basis and yeah I definitely feel the effects. I take a few week's break every now and again which keeps me from having to continually up the dose. I think the 'nothing ever beats that first time' is a bit of a self - perpetuating myth. Lots of people just get horrendously sick the first time (happened to me with opium, it definitely wasn't magical). Lots of others don't feel anything very much and wonder what all the fuss is about. THEN of course there's people with an instant affinity for the drug who do have a great first experience - I was one of those - but it's worth considering that a big part of that 'mind blown' feeling isn't simply the drug effect, but the sheer novelty of it. And obviously you can never replicate that sense of novelty, but that unfortunately goes for every 'first'.

Anyways, I had gotten to the point where I stopped feeling anything very much from it. After taking a total break and restricting the amount I do now, you bet I feel my Saturday night shot. 😁

Similarly there's our friend from Peru (nznity), who was solidly on the M for a good long while, fully dependent, then a period with none at all, now some morphine tabs for the pain (just tabs, not even shots) and he tells me he's happily floating about in the stratosphere. While others say they never get 'the feeling' back even after long abstinence. So definitely from all I can observe, there are considerable individual differences, therefore I think it's impossible to make any categorical statement in answer to your question.

I like being called a cunt. I remember when a friend of mine from Narcotics Anonymous who I hadn't seen in a long time and lived in Britain came to LA for a visit. We hadn't been together for more than about half an hour and we're getting a couple of hamburgers at Tommy's when he turned to me and said: "Why are you such a fucking cunt!"

There was so much love was the nicest thing anyone has said to me
Hahaha I just like calling people cunts

It seems to me there are personal differences, which probably have some genetic factor. For instance it took me ages to develop a physical dependence (ie getting withdrawals). Some other people I knew got physically hooked a lot faster than me on similar amounts of the drug. Likewise I was slow to build up a tolerance to the effects, and am quick to lose tolerance if I stop for awhile. I've always had to be Xtra careful first time using again after a period of abstinence.

I do have a basic permanent tolerance in that my 'starting dose' is higher than it was. But I was a multiple daily user, then stopped completely for a time, and now I use on a weekly basis and yeah I definitely feel the effects. I take a few week's break every now and again which keeps me from having to continually up the dose. I think the 'nothing ever beats that first time' is a bit of a self - perpetuating myth. Lots of people just get horrendously sick the first time (happened to me with opium, it definitely wasn't magical). Lots of others don't feel anything very much and wonder what all the fuss is about. THEN of course there's people with an instant affinity for the drug who do have a great first experience - I was one of those - but it's worth considering that a big part of that 'mind blown' feeling isn't simply the drug effect, but the sheer novelty of it. And obviously you can never replicate that sense of novelty, but that unfortunately goes for every 'first'.

Anyways, I had gotten to the point where I stopped feeling anything very much from it. After taking a total break and restricting the amount I do now, you bet I feel my Saturday night shot. 😁

Similarly there's our friend from Peru (nznity), who was solidly on the M for a good long while, fully dependent, then a period with none at all, now some morphine tabs for the pain (just tabs, not even shots) and he tells me he's happily floating about in the stratosphere. While others say they never get 'the feeling' back even after long abstinence. So definitely from all I can observe, there are considerable individual differences, therefore I think it's impossible to make any categorical statement in answer to your question.
Yea i had a similar experience to yourself took me a lot longer to get physical withdrawl effects but my tolerance to the euphoric effects has remained and they have basically disappeared although I still get all the deppresant effects same thing happened with speed but now days if I use heroin even after three days use I get wothdrawl affects when I use to be able to use all week with no withdrawal what so ever so think it's safe to say I've ran my course with the drug but my brain is hardwired now and I'm very impulsive so it's been and will be hard

Yes, to a large extent, in my experience. I had 5 years clean from opiates after 10 years of heavy addiction, and my first time back I thought it would be like the early days. But it wasn't, and I even still had a surprising amount of tolerance, ended up taking more than I ever would have been able to in the early days, and it was pleasurable, but underwhelming, nowhere near how it used to be every time back in the honeymoon stage.

Yet the brain bug came back and I kept at it, for some reason. :\

I wouldn't say so. In the way that if you stop using for a year or two the euphoria comes back. There is of course, a regular tolerance that develops like with all things. Me personally, I never got much euphoria from heroin even at the beginning. But with fentanyl or hydromorphone, the euphoria does return after a break, even if Suboxone or kratom were used as maintenance inbetween.

However for meth or MDMA there really does seem to be a tolerance that to some degree never goes away, no matter how long you stop using.

But you know, euphoria isn't an exact science and everyone is different so ymmv.

Also It is true, as someone above said that tolerance and dependence are one and the same...

Personally, I can lay off for long periods and then when I do some(plenty) it still feels like something is missing.
Seems like the early buzzes were the best.
I dunno.

We've scorched our souls
Dashed our hopes
Along broken footpaths of craven battlefields
with missing headstones
swallowed up by trees and poppies disguised as nettles

Only relief it seems
Be of service and be grateful
We once knew how to dream

Never heard of this or experienced this but no fast onset iv consume here.