• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

is the culture around MDMA changing drasticly in these few short years?

But thank god no more pipes it seems. Had a real bad night a few years back from one of those...pure hell.

I guess perhaps this phrase is a little accurate. Pipes seem to have a lesser safety profile then the current batch of MDMA mimic compounds. Sure people have negative effects but it seems like less serotonin "poisoning" if you will and more amphetamine psychosis, the latter seems less likely too.

I would say disinformation is more prevalent than ever currently. MDMA may be one of if not the most misunderstood widely used drug. The kind of shit I've heard people say over the years is shocking. Considering that MDMA is relatively toxic insofar as drugs go and often quite impure, I find myself thinking that MDMA is justified in being regulated as C-I.

Frankly, I've met very few MDMA users who don't need to be protected from themselves. The fact is educated users like those on bluelight are anomalous. Most people are horribly informed and are not capable of objectively separating facts from fiction.

I saw this too, well mostly at raves or parties. Most people don't even know what an MAOi is. =/

Most of them have the general safety notes down; overheating, drinking water, tolerance, etc. But the only way to be informed is to seek out this info. Unfortunately, most just ask friends or something like that.

From what I gather it seems that MDMA or "molly" the supposed pure MDMA is just now a scandalized product for profit and cut to shreds.....users who respect real mdma test it and etc are some the most responsible users ive ever seen......and edcuated mind you in the substances they are taking.....i agree there is a different vibe now from people just using to party for the sake of partying....i appreciate all the responses.....once again im not one to judge ive rolled many a night but never condone it

I think the public opinion of MDMA will continue to worsen through the next few years. It will worsen both from the standpoint of anti-drug ppl AND drug users.

This is due to the majority of all (from media to cops to users to parents) people thinking that CATHINONES are what MDMA is.

you can site things like mdma clinical trials and etc, but the majority of america is too stupid to understand what that means. Do you think they read medical journals? No, they get drug information from Fox news and believe somone herded every species of animal on the planet onto a wooden ship they built.

In north UK and probably all over the UK atm in the age 18-25 group, I'd say the current attitude to MDMA is ridiculous. Seems that the new scientific info from David nutt etc in the last few years has led to an attitude to assume all soft drugs are safe. At my university many many people are going out and taking MDMA at least once a week, in crystal form sometimes half a gram or more in a night, or strong pills. I've only met one person who tests it. Nobody I talk to seems to be aware at all about losing the magic, neurotoxicity etc, the most they know is that 'it uses serotonin and that's why you have a comedown for a few days'. They seems to think as soon as that's over you're back to normal. Also nobody seems 'loved up' on nights out, just a lot of people dancing on the spot sweating and gurning, a few will be chatty but I rarely see anyone properly losing themselves in it, but I do see a lot of people in a complete mess. People are more scared of psychedelics and ketamine than MDMA, I've met numerous people who dose MD every week and still think LSD stays in your spine, makes you go insane and trip forever after you've done it 7 times or whatever... Ridiculous. I just think it goes to show how scientific bodies coming out and saying MDMA is 'safe' (it is when used properly) can be misunderstood

its funny that they hand out SSRI's like it safe and dandy to use.....but the side effects of thos medicines are horrible.....and its not good to take all the time.....last i checked i dont take X everyday or every year.....

Where I live it would be near impossible to get some pure MDMA, unless you know the right people, some pills are actually quite legit though, eye wiggles dinner plate eyes and euphoria with just one =)

I consider it a criminal action. I lost a friend who killed himself from the increased depression he suffered trying to wean off an SSRI. Evil stuff...

Tell me about it. My gf was on one of them (Zoloft) and the unknown long term side effects didn't sit well with me. I think they put her on it up to 150mg. She was actually taking it even though she didn't like it, or how she felt while she was on it. These doctors just want to push their crappy prescriptions without caring about what it does to their patients. It's all about the bottom line.

I was able to convince her that she didn't need it, and what a surprise that she feels much better without those SSRIs. It's good to know that I helped her much more than Zoloft ever could.

I actually tried one just to see what it's like...and wow, it's freakin' shitty. I couldn't believe she was taking something that felt like a buzz in a real negative way, and with a bad body load too.