• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is mixing marijuana with psilocybin mushrooms a bad idea?

Wow, all these replies in favour of smoking cannabis on shrooms. I, on the other hand, would advise against it. Cannabis is certainly very psychedelic, and as is the rule with combining similar substances: 1+1=3. Meaning that cannabis will intensify the effects of the mushrooms, and since cannabis is notoriously unpredictable I'd save it for when you've already come down or just do it when you're a little bit more experienced with tripping.

Also, taking only shrooms gives you the opportunity to experience the effects of this wonderful substance all by itself. How else would you compare it next time? :)

Am I the only one that weed doesn't affect their trip at all? I literally can do marijuana with any psychedelic without a difference honestly.

I'm the same way. I find the ritual of load and smoking weed helps to ground me a little bit more. Gives me something to try and focus on, but other than that it seems to have little effect on my trip regardless of whether I take 1 gram or 5 grams of Mushrooms.

I say since this is your first time and have anxiety don't smoke at all. I get paranoid every time I smoke to at least some level myself.

Since this is my first time tripping on a hallucinogen, would smoking marijuana cause a bad trip to be more likely to happen? ...I have higher-than-average anxiety also.

The first order of business with any psychedelic substance, especially for the novice, is to avoid doing more than is personally manageable. Of key importance is that some people have a MUCH lower tolerance to psychedelics than others. By much lower I mean...everyone you're with is taking 2-3 tabs, they're all having a great time, and you can only handle 1/4 tab. THIS IS PERFECTLY NORMAL. There are certain rules you need to follow to ensure your own safety, and no one else can ever be made responsible for that.

Never listen to ANYONE concerning dose. Only you can establish your tolerance to these substances. You do this by trial and error. Start with 1/4 tab, and if that goes well, next time try 1/2. You need to follow this procedure with each new batch and/or substance. Mind that 1/2 tab of one substance can be MUCH stronger than 1/2 tab of another, so even if you did well with 1/2 tab of one, you can easily find yourself over your head with 1/2 tab of something else. And we're not even talking different drug here - maybe it's a different batch from the same source that is much stronger than the first. Always approach your tolerance gradually by testing each new batch and/or substance personally.

There are some amazing substances out there these days that are readily available and easy to get, among them 4-HO-MET (5mg is a safe place to start) and ALD-52 (1/4 blotter or 30 mics). There is a lot of information on Bluelight about these. Something you need to know: Mushrooms are high anxiety for a lot of people, so if you are anxiety prone, I advise you to steer clear of those until you are more experienced.

People will disagree with me, and I'm fine with that, but never smoke marijuana when your tripping. Smoking marijuana certainly CAN cause a bad trip - this is much more likely in fact with mushrooms, and has happened to me repeatedly.

flammarion-c1.jpg

Last edited:
3rd attempt to reply on mobile.. But its a 3 yo thread, unnecessarily bumped..
Thnx but no thnx ;)