• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is mixing marijuana with psilocybin mushrooms a bad idea?

Nooo

Greenlighter
I will hopefully be tripping on shrooms next month. I plan on going on a camping with a friend and tripping shrooms. Since this is my first time tripping on a hallucinogen, would smoking marijuana cause a bad trip to be more likely to happen? Or would it make the experience more intense and pleasurable? I like intense and pleasurable experiences and feel cheated when a high or trip isn't as strong as it could be. That's why I love smoking weed with everything. But I have higher-than-average anxiety also.

Last edited by a moderator:
SWIM drowned. we just say "I" here. :)

I found weed a necessity when tripping on shrooms or acid.

If anxiety is an issue, maybe you should rethink the shrooms... I don't know for sure. In college, I did shrooms, but I did not have anxiety.

Now I do and I don't wanna trip balls for fear of a panic attack.

For the more experienced trippers, would some xanax beforehand be a consideration for someone with anxiety who is going to trip the first time? Or is that a bad idea?

SWIM will hopefully be tripping on shrooms next month. SWIM plans on going on a camping with a friend and tripping shrooms. Since this is SWIM's first time tripping on a hallucinogen, would smoking marijuana cause a bad trip to be more likely to happen? Or would it make the experience more intense and pleasurable? SWIM likes intense and pleasurable experiences and feels cheated when a high or trip isn't as strong as it could be. That's why SWIM loves smoking weed with everything. But SWIM has higher-than-average anxiety also.

Smoking marijuana will increase the intensity of the trip at any stage.

Here's my basic, easy-to-follow advice: don't smoke if you're having a bad time. If you're having a great time and think things could get a little more intense, then by all means smoke up (though I would advise smoking less than your normal quantity). However, if you're uneasy, anxious, or if things are intense enough, then don't smoke. It's really that simple, IMO.

Just had a truffle 2 days ago. On peak (like 1.5 hours after eating) i decided to try marijuana (I don't smoke btw)
That made my trip more funnier and I laugh to my laughing at the same time my gf's laughing. I couldn't stop laughing for 1 min..
That was dangerous :p I didn't go for a trip (never used).
My first trip was a success! But it lasted soo long.

No sourcing discussion, it's Rule #1.

~Never

I love weed with psychedelics. It is a great combo but can be intense if you aren't ready. For you first time, I would wait until the tail end of the trip before smoking. If you still chose to smoke earlier in the trip. Just take a single small hit and wait 10-15 minutes before trying more.

i like to smoke while coming up to get rid of nausea and to sort of get the trip to kick in.

Yeh if you smoke heavy, or have strong strains of weed or real good resin then it can deffinately change / intensify your trip considerably, i allways smoke when tripping, for me it goes hand in hand, but thats prob because im very experianced with weed n resin, so when i started tripping with shrooms, lsd, and partying on Mdma etc smoking just came naturally.
But like Shulgin has said above, if your on your first time, or not a regular smoker or dont consume cannabis often then waiting untill after the peak is a good idea, And then only using small amounts to feel your way in to it, because it realy can surprise you, and realy vamp the trip right up.

Ive been on a comedown from MD at party's and smoked a bong or big pipe of real good grade weed and its been like an acid kicking in regarding how trippy it has gotten not long after blowing the smoke out !

Am I the only one that weed doesn't affect their trip at all? I literally can do marijuana with any psychedelic without a difference honestly.

Am I the only one that weed doesn't affect their trip at all? I literally can do marijuana with any psychedelic without a difference honestly.

With sufficiently high doses of lsd, I barely feel the weed I smoke. The acid has a tendency to overpower things.

With sufficiently high doses of lsd, I barely feel the weed I smoke. The acid has a tendency to overpower things.

Sorry to sorta drift off topic, but same with me and MDMA.
Most of the time the MDMA overpowers everything. But one time I had a extremely strong Indica strain and we would do MDMA then be jittery so smoke some weed. But then we'd get too high and try to even it out with the MDMA. It was a disaster lol

Don't feel a thing either, but it does kick the experience up a notch. Not very noticeable if you're not looking for it though

Since you're a first timer, I'd say don't smoke weed in the first 2 hours of the trip. Just get a feel for the mushrooms first. On my first time I smoked weed at the beginning and the intensity was a bit much. After a while when the effects are fading you can hit weed and bring back the trip.

i find cannabis greatly affects my trips. It often kills the visuals for me but ups the intensity of the trip. I don't really feel the cannabis high as it's mixed in with the psychedelic high but it most certainly amplifies every psychedelic i've ever smoked on. I used to smoke synth noids on trips and holy shit they can ramp up the effects!

first time tripping on a hallucinogen

For your first experience(s), take the psychedelic by itself. Maybe smoke up on the comedown if you want to ramp the intensity back up a bit.

After you're more familiar with tripping, try it and see how you like it. A good number of us love herb while tripping, but many others do not.

I began with finding weed essential to psychedelics.
Then to just beginning/end (for nausea/easing in)
Now I'm really not a fan of it at all, mainly for with LSD though as it's my main psychedelic.

Tends to make me feel just everything is occurring too slow / doesn't make enough sense in an anxiety inducing way. Other times only thing I could compare to a panic attack. Or else I love it, just makes everything warm, funny and reassuring. Hit and miss for me and so I only do it in extremely comfortable situations and in lower doses.

Smoking marijuana will increase the intensity of the trip at any stage.

Here's my basic, easy-to-follow advice: don't smoke if you're having a bad time. If you're having a great time and think things could get a little more intense, then by all means smoke up (though I would advise smoking less than your normal quantity). However, if you're uneasy, anxious, or if things are intense enough, then don't smoke. It's really that simple, IMO.

i fully second this motion...this is the best advice i have heard...sometimes a trip is overwhelming...however most 1st time trips are just joyous.

i find cannabis greatly affects my trips. It often kills the visuals for me but ups the intensity of the trip. I don't really feel the cannabis high as it's mixed in with the psychedelic high but it most certainly amplifies every psychedelic i've ever smoked on. I used to smoke synth noids on trips and holy shit they can ramp up the effects!

could you please explain synth noids? id love to know what that is.

I started by taking shrooms without smoking weed, just to get to know the effects of shrooms by themselves, at different doses.

Then I tried smoking a little during the coming up, to get rid of the shroom nausea. It can also enhance the closed eyed visuals. I don' do that anymore, and getting serious nausea on shrooms is almost rare for me, although it does happen.

What I still do sometimes is light up some bud during the come down.

Shrooms+Mj can trigger paranoia/anxiety episodes in at least some people. People who have episodes on Mj alone, are probably better not mixing the 2, or at least avoiding stressful situations and public settings when they're h-high on both.

Some people it calms them down a great deal, some people it greatly amplifies the high.
I'm the latter, if I'm too high on psyches and I smoke pot my visuals get much more intense.

Id say save it for the comedown, and maybe have some benzo's at hand encase you start having a bad time