• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Is meth really that popular and why?

Read an article last week which explained that overall meth use is actually lower than it has been in years. If so then God knows why they've chosen now for their crusade.

Do you have a link?

meth use might be down, but then crystal form of meth availability is right up. Isn't that why meth is such a problem no compared to prior years?

Read an article last week which explained that overall meth use is actually lower than it has been in years. If so then God knows why they've chosen now for their crusade.

Because it's about the crusade - not about the drug.

^^ no offence but if you didn't have any problems hyou werent really in the game...every dealer i know has been robbed or had some sort of threat come their way

He was likely in a higher position in the food (drug chain). I never got done trafficking meth, If I had I would have done 20+ years cos I was moving serious weight.
Not that you have to sell much to get a serious jail term for this drug. When you deal pounds and kilos of the stuff you are able to stay well away from the end user. You keep your network tight, you only deal to one guy if you can, and your guy is not a user he is usually a business man of sorts with a clean record. Trust me, the biggest dealers are business owners, professionals, importer/exporters, people with high standing in the community - the last people you would ever suspect doing such things, otherwise the law would have no trouble getting meth off the streets.

And with regards to Melbourne I'll say this much - The largest producer of Meth lives primarily in Melbourne, and he owns the fucking city as far as I could tell. No one will ever fuck with him cos he has an endless supply of cops, politicians, high court judges and outright killers on his payroll and as his close personal friends - I doubt he will ever get done for Meth - tax evasion possibly but never drugs. So if you can't score pure Ice in Melbourne you're shit out of contacts cos that city is ground zero as far as Meth and Speed are concerned in my experience.

The rest of the stuff that gets around this country is imported from certain asian countries, One of the biggest importers that I knew of years ago was a Fed, and he was a brutal son of a bitch, he was responsible for some seriously heinous torture and murder of snitches and competitors. He wouldn't commit these crimes himself of course but he was the one who ordered such things and he took pleasure in watching apparently. A colleague of his was jailed a few years ago for the importation of massive amounts of pseudo - it was well publicised and some of you probably remember this in the news, which only made the news once he was sentenced of course. Many dealers went down cos this fed sung like a canary as they always do. I hate crooked cops almost more than kiddy fiddlers, they are the worst kind of human I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. I don't know how they sleep at night, I really don't.

Hope all you tweakers are staying safe and out of trouble. Stay indoors if you are going to use.

He was likely in a higher position in the food (drug chain). I never got done trafficking meth, If I had I would have done 20+ years cos I was moving serious weight.
Not that you have to sell much to get a serious jail term for this drug. When you deal pounds and kilos of the stuff you are able to stay well away from the end user. You keep your network tight, you only deal to one guy if you can, and your guy is not a user he is usually a business man of sorts with a clean record. Trust me, the biggest dealers are business owners, professionals, importer/exporters, people with high standing in the community - the last people you would ever suspect doing such things, otherwise the law would have no trouble getting meth off the streets.

And with regards to Melbourne I'll say this much - The largest producer of Meth lives primarily in Melbourne, and he owns the fucking city as far as I could tell. No one will ever fuck with him cos he has an endless supply of cops, politicians, high court judges and outright killers on his payroll and as his close personal friends - I doubt he will ever get done for Meth - tax evasion possibly but never drugs. So if you can't score pure Ice in Melbourne you're shit out of contacts cos that city is ground zero as far as Meth and Speed are concerned in my experience.

The rest of the stuff that gets around this country is imported from certain asian countries, One of the biggest importers that I knew of years ago was a Fed, and he was a brutal son of a bitch, he was responsible for some seriously heinous torture and murder of snitches and competitors. He wouldn't commit these crimes himself of course but he was the one who ordered such things and he took pleasure in watching apparently. A colleague of his was jailed a few years ago for the importation of massive amounts of pseudo - it was well publicised and some of you probably remember this in the news, which only made the news once he was sentenced of course. Many dealers went down cos this fed sung like a canary as they always do. I hate crooked cops almost more than kiddy fiddlers, they are the worst kind of human I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. I don't know how they sleep at night, I really don't.

Hope all you tweakers are staying safe and out of trouble. Stay indoors if you are going to use.

i got nothing to disagree with here. on that jamiacan rum and good ice what up blue light

http://www.theage.com.au/comment/do...ic-is-a-myth-20150517-gh2plm?skin=smart-phone

This may be the article referred to. I think it is a good article, but it overlooks an important aspect; all speed/crystal in Aus is meth. It's not like europe where speed=amph and crystal = methamph. It's all meth, but the crystal is freebase and far more potent. And this article fails to mention that even if overall meth use is stable, even down since the 90s, crystal use as spiked a few times over the last couple decades, rural areas of Australia that in the 90s and early 2000s were largely untouched (well, that isn't true, but didn't have huge problems) now face quite a large scale issue with drug abuse. I think the other issue is - a lot of the more serious health issues associated with meth use don't rise from the first couple years of use, I think now we're starting to see (in our health and criminal services) the impacts of long-term addiction to crystal. Similar to the explosion of heroin in the 90s - leaving some hard-core addicts now in their 40s/50s/60s, the explosion of crystal in the 2000s is starting to see some pretty serious cases now a bit older and no longer just spun-out kids out partying too much.

^^I wonder if we're thinking of the same cop(or inmate as he is now)?

When I was much younger(16, im 24 now) I was looking after my friends pot business(only small time) while he was at work and 3 cops turned up, one main man and two ppl tagging along. He tried to raid the house with no warrant and wanted to take whatever pot we had(for himself to sell im sure) but a month or 2 after than he got found importing large amounts of pseudo in from China and seeing that in the newspaper gave me great satisfaction.

How dare some deadbeat cop try standing over a 16 year old pot dealer that's not hurting anyone but I guess that's why he chose us, coz he though we were probably just dumb kids that would hand it over but we were pretty smart kids when it came the street smarts so he didn't get anywhere near anything of ours. But he's doing a very long time and so he should!

P.S I now cant find the post I was replying to so forgive me for that but my post still makes a good point.

There's actually been quite a few cops in my area that have been jailed for importing pseudo, meth, MDMA/pills & coke. I do understand that there are good police officers with morals but I don't trust any of them at all and theres plenty of good reasons for that

I have pretty much taken it every day for at least a year, never increased the dose, I take 1/4 point a day & it changes me from a lazy sit on the couch obese loser into someone with drive & interest in going out and interacting with people. My blood pressure is normal now & I have lost around 40 kilos, I have never been as fit as I am.

It is very hard not to chase the dragon so to speak (No good will come from it) & I do not get any euphoria any more, pretty much it is just like a boosted & very expensive cup of coffee to start the day.

I couple this with 40mg of duromine & 3 spoons of coffee each day - been taking the duromine non stop since 2000 & to be honest, the difference between meth & something like duromine is not really as great as you might think, not at smaller doses anyway & I do not have experience with taking larger amounts.

I do not smoke, I eat it.

**I do laugh a little at the media hysteria, as far as being more violent, it makes me less pig headed when I go out. If I see someone who is a threat, instead of standing my ground like I would on alcohol, I walk away, in my mind it increases judgement. Alcohol impairs it so even though my ability is less on alcohol, I act as if I can take on the world.

Also this thing where they say it makes you as strong as 10 men, what a load of crap. It may inhibit the ability for you to feel pain but I can promise if someone gets hit in the jaw on meth & the were going to go down with out it, the will go down on it too. I feel a confidence in my abilities if I ever had to use them however I do not get a feeling of being super human on them that is for sure.

One area that does concern me is that I can normally take or leave alcohol but the combination of meth and alcohol gives the perfect balance of energy & calmness - It makes alcohol much more appealing to me & I have to drink much more than I normally would too.

Last edited:
I think the fact that people openly advertise shards on craigslist and locanto would be a good indication that there are some serious volumes of meth being used in the major centres, Perth especially! ... whether that's a good thing, I don't know....There's been some good responses on here!

Cheers

seedy

I have pretty much taken it every day for at least a year, never increased the dose, I take 1/4 point a day & it changes me from a lazy sit on the couch obese loser into someone with drive & interest in going out and interacting with people. My blood pressure is normal now & I have lost around 40 kilos, I have never been as fit as I am.

It is very hard not to chase the dragon so to speak (No good will come from it) & I do not get any euphoria any more, pretty much it is just like a boosted & very expensive cup of coffee to start the day.

I couple this with 40mg of duromine & 3 spoons of coffee each day - been taking the duromine non stop since 2000 & to be honest, the difference between meth & something like duromine is not really as great as you might think, not at smaller doses anyway & I do not have experience with taking larger amounts.

I guess it depends on the person. A small dose of meth and a small dose of duromine are worlds apart for me. Well done on the self-control, you're one of the few who would be capable of that.

Taking it everyday for extended periods is going to take its toll though I think. I'd recommend at least missing a couple days a week and having a longer break 4 times a year. A quarter point a day would be similar to higher dose ADHD treatment. If you're getting sleep and eating enough there's probably not going to be anything like the catastrophic effects meth is known for.

Your brain will be getting rewired to expect that dose of meth. If you decide to stop it could be quite a long time before you get back to normal. Have you read up on the potentially neurotoxic effects? I don't know much about that with lower doses.

When using dexamphetamine I was really functional with an outwardly healthy appearance. I used it on and off for a few years - mostly on. I don't think I've gotten fully back to baseline yet, still don't find the things I used to enjoy as enjoyable as they were and lost some of my happy-go-lucky personality traits. Don't seem to laugh as much. It has been improving though. I was on lower dosage range and didn't binge - didn't really notice much dysfunction until the third year.

I need $600 a day actually,

I agree with everything you've said except that the increase in home invasions/b&e's etc are directly due to people wanting money for meth. I don't know anyone who has committed any of those crimes or similar for more cash to purchase meth. Meth doesn't have a physically addictive side anything like heroin and most people I know who like meth use it because its fun. When they're out of cash they usually wait til their next payday or tick til their next payday. None of them are robbing people solely to procure more meth. I would agree that people under the influence of meth are more likely to commit said crimes but it's more because of the boost in confidence and the rush. Obviously this leads to an increase in theft but I don't think the increase can be attributed solely to people needing money for expensive meth. Just my 2 cents.

I agree with everything you've said except that the increase in home invasions/b&e's etc are directly due to people wanting money for meth. I don't know anyone who has committed any of those crimes or similar for more cash to purchase meth. Meth doesn't have a physically addictive side anything like heroin and most people I know who like meth use it because its fun. When they're out of cash they usually wait til their next payday or tick til their next payday. None of them are robbing people solely to procure more meth. I would agree that people under the influence of meth are more likely to commit said crimes but it's more because of the boost in confidence and the rush. Obviously this leads to an increase in theft but I don't think the increase can be attributed solely to people needing money for expensive meth. Just my 2 cents.

and get your head out of the sand. I am surrounded by 18-year-olds 25-year-olds 30-year olds and 40-year-olds who are under the spell of this horrible horrible drug. Even one of my 40 year old friends has now lost her home and now lives in the caravan park all because the minute she got her paycheck it was all gone that day. Now as for my younger friends that's all they do, break and entering,, stealing, especially the likes of iPhones iPads I've lost 4 myself to probably one of these people hanging around me and the longer they do it the less they care, they have no idea how this drug has change them.

I can see it because Of my profession but their actions and the way that they become after a year or so on this is no resemblance to their former selves. It's sad and it's disconcerting to see in boys, because they are still yet to learn about consequences, consequences for your actions because that part of the brain, the last part to get connected to the frontal lobe is all about consequences and that happens at around 24 years of age therefore ice is mucking up this critical process and boy do they steal and oh my god how creative they are. As for me I'm not without change myself I can see that in three years my personality has changed I used to have such love and affection for animals and babys, now when I hear a huge cry and I just want to grab the mother and tell her to make kid stop screaming as the rage boils up inside of me and I wonder will my personality change to the point where I physically grab the child myself and make them shut up and that scares me to hell. This is insidious, this is affecting everybody and the sad part about this drug after long term news is that you stop chatting, you stop having fun and these people that I've met after three years, not one of them have standard job not one of them goes to the cinemas, not one of them has barbecue with friends, all they do is eat, shit, sleep this fucking drug.
And to finish up as you read all of the replies and comments by other people look to what all the boys are saying about their libidos, I was nearly rapped in my own home on Friday because this stuff does heighten their sex drive and now they're mixing ice with liquid G!!! What's left to say?

and get your head out of the sand. I am surrounded by 18-year-olds 25-year-olds 30-year olds and 40-year-ds who are under the spell of this horrible horrible drug. Even one of my 40 year old friends has now lost her home and now lives in the caravan park all because the minute she got her paycheck it was all gone that day. Now as for my younger friends that's all they do, break and entering,, stealing, especially the likes of iPhones iPads I've lost 4 myself to probably one of these people hanging around me and the longer they do it the less they care, they have no idea how this drug has change them.

Had a friend from primary school who I kept in contact with, grew up in a rough family but he was studying and wouldn't even touch pot. Wanted to be an engineer and was working so hard at it.

Gave meth a go one day and he was under its spell straight away. Eventually snatching bags off old ladies, ripping friends off. Crashed his car into a stoby poll at 4am one morning and he died. Was about 4 years from first toke to his death.

I don't know anyone who commits those kinds of crimes really, because if someone starts going in that direction you drift away - not the best company to keep.

Meth isn't inherently bad, and sure...alcohol can cause huge issues and its legal.

Meth just has this power to take our species into some really dark places. Not everyone...probably not even most, but IMO it's not worth trying - just on that chance you are susceptible to its charms. The quality of the experience isn't worth the risk.

I've seen mates from my childhood who I fell out of contact with ravaged by it. So sad, especially when you run into their Mum/Dad/Sibling and ask how X is - hasn't just broken the user but the people around them too. I know all sorts of addictions can do that but meth tends to do it quicker and more severely than heroin for example.

There's a huge number of people who've dabbled and come out completely unaffected - true.

Oh sure I've had threats against me my front door kicked in my dad knocked up then I was smashed with a hammer and crow bar then every window on my car was smashed...some "best friends" I ment to say any trouble regarding the police not any trouble at all that sort of goes without saying bahahaha but yeah once I got my system down and knew to deal with people who didint use it em selfs I was golden :)

Last edited:
Had a friend from primary school who I kept in contact with, grew up in a rough family but he was studying and wouldn't even touch pot. Wanted to be an engineer and was working so hard at it.

Gave meth a go one day and he was under its spell straight away. Eventually snatching bags off old ladies, ripping friends off. Crashed his car into a stoby poll at 4am one morning and he died. Was about 4 years from first toke to his death.

I don't know anyone who commits those kinds of crimes really, because if someone starts going in that direction you drift away - not the best company to keep.

Meth isn't inherently bad, and sure...alcohol can cause huge issues and its legal.

Meth just has this power to take our species into some really dark places. Not everyone...probably not even most, but IMO it's not worth trying - just on that chance you are susceptible to its charms. The quality of the experience isn't worth the risk.

I've seen mates from my childhood who I fell out of contact with ravaged by it. So sad, especially when you run into their Mum/Dad/Sibling and ask how X is - hasn't just broken the user but the people around them too. I know all sorts of addictions can do that but meth tends to do it quicker and more severely than heroin for example.

There's a huge number of people who've dabbled and come out completely unaffected - true.

exellent post..

like really fuckin good.. couldnt have put it better me self

Yeh that part of ur post saying when u bumped into relatives askin how theyre travelling, and u can see the heartache in their eyes...

thats when it really hits home to u that this isnt some fictional game.

This is affecting REAL, honest, hard working ppl that have been sucked into its spell like a tornado.

Do you have a link?
meth use might be down, but then crystal form of meth availability is right up. Isn't that why meth is such a problem no compared to prior years?

It was in The Age (physical paper), and I forget what it was called so not sure if I can find it online. Sorry.

**EDIT: Ah yes! That's it. Mostly-human found it (thanks):
http://www.theage.com.au/comment/do...ic-is-a-myth-20150517-gh2plm?skin=smart-phone

PS: I'm not necessarily endorsing the views in the article, just putting it out there.

Last edited:
Yeh that part of ur post saying when u bumped into relatives askin how theyre travelling, and u can see the heartache in their eyes...

thats when it really hits home to u that this isnt some fictional game.

This is affecting REAL, honest, hard working ppl that have been sucked into its spell like a tornado.

I don't think anyone on this thread has denied that some people develop problems with methamphetamine, that this is more common in some communities, or that this has an impact on the people around them?

We've been discussing things like prevalence of use and dependency and the impacts on meth-related harm of prohibition and media sensationalism.

Sorry for goin off topic, but yeah just sad to see relatives and ppl not even involved with it turning out just as depressed and having similar mental health issues as the user themselves.

Cheap to make. Highly addictive. Fairly cheap to purchase. Long lasting effects. Gives increased feeling of importance, ability etc. Can cause amphetamine psychosis. Pumped into the country by the tonne from China and other parts of Asia.

I believe the reason Meth is so popular is because it is very cheap (where I live) and very accesible AND most importantly there are no other options!

Forget about cocaine the quality is comical as is the price and Heroin is not that easy to source as you sort of got to know some one in the group to get a source while people see Meth and smoking a bowl as "acceptable" just like smoking a cone so it is very easy to get.