• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is LSD about to return to polite society?

I would like her as my Aunt.

Who gives a fuck that she drilled a hole in her head - the newspaper will call her crazy for taking acid too. Trepanning was all the rage at the time.

I was watching a documentary about psychedelics and they interviewed a guy who worked in silicon valley who said that billionaires, almost without exception, use hallucinogens.

Doesn't always make them better people tho. Steve Jobs always praised LSD, then he made little girls work like slaves for him and paid them fuck all. LSD doesn't automatically make you any less of an arsehole unfortunately.

RCs are gonna make medical use of classical psychedelics harder to reach imo....

Once I heard that if you are clever, get proper education and learn to debate, humans and scientists can prove anything at all.

People are different and have tons of special needs why wouldn't it be beneficial on a case by case study?

I was watching a documentary about psychedelics and they interviewed a guy who worked in silicon valley who said that billionaires, almost without exception, use hallucinogens.

There is the fact that the foreskin is the targeted tissue of HIV which makes it easier to contract without circumcision, but you're correct assuming whoever you're talking about doesn't live in a third world country plagued by aids.

Circumcision does nothing to prevent HIV or other STDs from infecting someone, or from an HIV+ guy that's had his penis chopped from infecting another woman or man who he has unprotected sex with. There's such a thing as using a condom and they are available in all countries.

As for trepanation anyone that does that to themselves is an idiot, isn't all mentally there, and literally does have a hole in their head.

It's true that there is a higher rate of HIV transmission in uncircumcised men. But that doesn't justify male genital mutilation at all. Like ^ said, condoms do a much better job of preventing HIV transmission than circumcision. Anyways that's way off topic...

I agree that there's a warming up to LSD in "polite society", or at least all the people that have been warm about it all these years are more open about it, and this is combined with a zeitgeist of less hysteria around LSD compared to say 20 years ago. I think it's a lot to do with prominent successful types like Steve Jobs coming out of the closet about it.

Must admit Erik I always feel a bit queasy when they bring up Steve Jobs remarks on LSD. He was a 100% predator capitalist who couldn't give a flying fuck about anyone or anything but his profits. If that's how LSD is going to transform people then we havn't much hope have we.

I think we have to admit that LSD has it's limits - it can't turn an arsehole into a great person.

It's definitely got the potential to make a person less of an arsehole i reckon - who knows how predatory jobs would have been without the acid (and most people who did acid didn't become ceo of apple (or microsoft - don't forget nerdy bill gates did acid too)

Must admit Erik I always feel a bit queasy when they bring up Steve Jobs remarks on LSD. He was a 100% predator capitalist who couldn't give a flying fuck about anyone or anything but his profits. If that's how LSD is going to transform people then we havn't much hope have we.

I think we have to admit that LSD has it's limits - it can't turn an arsehole into a great person.

That's only part of his history in which Steve Jobs behaves that way. At some point he lost everything and was only caring about innovation. He grew up. And only few articles and interviews show that.
I used to think like you, but then I studied a lot about his life apart from the media.
Unfortunately, his life was edited immensely. His life was divided in many different parts.

The books and latest videos show a much more mature Jobs while Hollywood made a terrible movie about him. They fast forwarded 20 years of his life when he was dismissed from his own company.

On the contrary, Jobs gave a way most of his money he earned when he was 25 years old. At one point he could careless about money and basically didn't even care how much he spent to dress himself.
He was in most part a very simple person except when he was portrayed the opposite.

Very few people know what happened to him after he left Apple.
And it would be impartial from me to try to portray him differently. But he changed a lot.
When he was in LSD was actually when he could careless about money. That's before the money.

All I can say is that most people see Steve Jobs from his adversaries' point of view and, of course, the unfriendly and super partial movie about only one third of his life.

Anyway, back to LSD I believe most of my greatest & deepest insights came from moments I was using.
But with so much responsibility, I started to have more and more bad trips. I could not take LSD and be a parent or a present husband neither a productive worker. I could not handle both together.

Last edited:
I thought he said he only took it 2 or 3 times?

And surely the man you are for the majority of your adult life is the best indicator of what you always were deep down? He had the the choice to treat those poor teenage slaves with a little dignity and instead he concluded "Fuck them - I want profits".

LSD certainly isn't the best drug for parents Erik. Fortunately I'm footloose and fancy free and can indulge myself once a week or once a month as the mood takes me.

From memory, this is how Walter Isaacson's biography of Steve Jobs describes his LSD experiences. In California Steve lived on an apple orchard. The person who owned the orchard was a wealthy business person and a bunch of free spirit people were residing there.

They didn't have a lot of responsibility and spent what extra time they had taking LSD. Steve didn't bathe much and never wore shoes. Steve has said his friend got caught with many 1,000s of LSD doses. After this he got a job in India with Atari (I think). Steve found out a lot in the these experiences. Bad or good, Steve out preformed many other people.

http://www.amazon.com/Steve-Jobs-Walter-Isaacson-ebook/dp/B004W2UBYW/

Last edited:
I thought he said he only took it 2 or 3 times?

And surely the man you are for the majority of your adult life is the best indicator of what you always were deep down? He had the the choice to treat those poor teenage slaves with a little dignity and instead he concluded "Fuck them - I want profits".

LSD certainly isn't the best drug for parents Erik. Fortunately I'm footloose and fancy free and can indulge myself once a week or once a month as the mood takes me.

I know. I do to, but have to plan it in advance. I feel I really learn new things about me that suits good purposes..

From memory, this is how Walter Isaacson's biography of Steve Jobs describes his LSD experiences. In California Steve lived on an apple orchard. The person who owned the orchard was a wealthy business person and a bunch of free spirit people were residing there.

They didn't have a lot of responsibility and spent what extra time they had taking LSD. Steve didn't bathe much and never wore shoes. Steve has said his friend got caught with many 1,000s of LSD doses. After this he got a job in India with Atari (I think). Steve found out a lot in the these experiences. Bad or good, Steve out preformed many other people.

http://www.amazon.com/Steve-Jobs-Walter-Isaacson-ebook/dp/B004W2UBYW/

It's true. There are lots of really cool things he's done. Definitely left his print in the world and inspired so many people and the way we see computers nowadays.

In a very particular way I think he was exceptional and feel bad for the way he was portrayed by the movie industry etc.

He came in terms with his mistakes IMO and is deeply missed by those truly friends who grew up with him. There are many great links and tons of interviews from people who destroyed him, so that he could start from scratch.

robert_crumb.jpg

I believe psychedelics can magnify sociopathic traits in people. It all depends on the user.

lol, that capitalism...

There's still a long way to go when I look at things objectively though.

The journey continues. :)