• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Is lower testosterin due to opiods permanent

I think whats better for me should my doctor know and I think herbals are waste of money and dont do anything, if they would you couldnt buy them without prescription.
If you take TRT do you have to take it untill the rest of your life?
Some of The herbals work somewhat but not as much as the RX and I was wondering since my ins. Wont cover the RX if anyone had other options?
I take 1800 mg gabapentin and 2mg suboxen a day for pain.

Some of The herbals work somewhat but not as much as the RX and I was wondering since my ins. Wont cover the RX if anyone had other options?
U should try to lower ur gaba dose, Is a bit high. Gaba tolerance grows really fast, whst are you even taking it for?

Imo and experience, gaba/pregab should only be taken for a week or as needed, otherwise it loses it's magic. + u get nasty wds from it.

I had to take morphine for months due to severe temporary but chronic pain from my autoimmune condition. I noticed its effects on libido and male attributes. After a lot of research, I determined that reduced DHEA sulfate was the cause. Opiates suppress the adrenals and at the top of the adrenal cascade is DHEA. So if you take DHEA it will start to supplement your sex hormones.

DHEA is produced in the adrenals and then gets converted to testosterone and estrogen. In males it is mostly converted to T in the testicles, and in women it is mostly converted to estrogen in the ovaries. Opiates reduce DHEA production, so the downstream sex hormones don't get produced.

If you're in the USA, DHEA is over the counter. 25mg/day is pretty safe. I would not go higher than 50mg if you're 35 or under. If you're a male and your body reaches peak testosterone due to DHEA, it will just pour over into estrogen if you take too much DHEA. Then you get feminizing effects, including low libido. But if your body is severely lacking DHEA, then you'll feel better from taking it.

If you're not in the USA, there may still be providers online willing to ship it to you. It's RX only in Canada but I get mine online. Customs doesn't care. It should be OTC, in my opinion. It's such a useful, preventative hormone.